SASS Wire Forum

More stupidity in the Media

Pat Riot

Perhaps I am not fully awake yet, but this article is one of the stupidest I have seen this year. 

First paragraph of the article:

A new study found more than 1 million U.S. deaths a year—including those in young people and working-age adults—would have been averted if the United States had mortality rates similar to other wealthy nations.

US Experiencing ‘Crises of Early Death’ Unique to Wealthy Nations: Study
https://link.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/health/study-us-experiencing-crises-of-early-death-unique-to-wealthy-nations_5403835.html

I guess I would like to read that article. But not bad enough to sign in.

I really hate those sites, like the Wall Street journal, but you have to be a member to read.

HMMM....  

You know they're right. If less people died in the US there would be fewer dead people.

I suspect somehow Trump is to blame. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

I really hate those sites, like the Wall Street journal, but you have to be a member to read.

https://www.bu.edu/sph/news/articles/2023/the-missing-americans-unprecedented-us-mortality-far-exceeds-other-wealthy-nations/#:~:text=The US is experiencing a,over the last four decades.

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

Well, that just sux! I swear, Epoch Times really is odd sometimes. 

My apologies. 

The whole story can be wrapped up in that paragraph I posted. 

“More deaths are leading to a higher mortality rate!” Well no $*** Dick Tracy!

The Epoch Times is more truthful than most of the media, but you must remember that "the Epoch Times and theepochtimes.com were founded in 2000 by John Tang and other Chinese Americans affiliated with the Falun Gong new religious movement “in response to communist repression and censorship in China.”  Some cultural differences.

23 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

The Epoch Times is more truthful than most of the media, but you must remember that "the Epoch Times and theepochtimes.com were founded in 2000 by John Tang and other Chinese Americans affiliated with the Falun Gong new religious movement “in response to communist repression and censorship in China.”  Some cultural differences.

The author of this article I posted is an American girl. 

IMG_7560.thumb.png.40a55c2b71040a766056dbbd1bc1fb25.png

And she has an editor or editorial board.  I have subscribed to The Epoch Times for a few years because I like to have a newspaper.  What was particularly interesting in respect to context was attending a Shen Yun Performance.  Some interesting, if very unusual perspectives.

36 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

And she has an editor or editorial board.  I have subscribed to The Epoch Times for a few years because I like to have a newspaper.  What was particularly interesting in respect to context was attending a Shen Yun Performance.  Some interesting, if very unusual perspectives.

I used to get their paper but I would only read a little of it so I went electronic. I think the reason you all couldn’t read the article I posted is because I downgraded my subscription so I can’t share articles properly. For $44 a year it’s not a bad news source. Better than most. 

9 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

The Epoch Times is more truthful than most of the media,

Heck, the National Enquirer is/was more truthful. 

So are The Onion and Babylon Bee even though they are supposed to be satire.

Archived