SASS Wire Forum

The Canadian Thread

3 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

Okay @Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 what’s going on here?

:)

image.jpeg.8c715e787ff77602e9aae77fcc6e63d9.jpeg

......... they gotta pick those sticks up, ... but they're all too polite to go first .... ? :huh:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

Okay @Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 what’s going on here?

:)

image.jpeg.8c715e787ff77602e9aae77fcc6e63d9.jpeg

Nope. I really don't know.

Canadian Heresy statement coming up: I don't follow hockey and only played a couple of times, when forced to!

• Like 2

... my first thought was a Highland sword dance, then I looked at snowy/icy conditions and considered I'd get about one dancing step and land squarely on my dignity (landing your dignity on one of those hardwood war clubs would hurt!) -- so decided to wait for someone else to reply!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can attest to this. 

A friend of Father's was a captured Wehrmacht soldier, who spent time here, as a POW, and immigrated back, with his family, as soon as he could.

In the "Small World" category, my wife went to school with one of his daughters and I knew the daughter as a Social Worker for the City.

8dbc337ffc2e1c9258bdf7364fed3d86--wtf-fun-facts-world-war.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Nope. I really don't know.

Canadian Heresy statement coming up: I don't follow hockey and only played a couple of times, when forced to!

That’s okay. I completely understand. I have never really been a team sports guy. I was just curious when I saw the meme. I think the suggestion by @Michigan Slimcould definitely be viable. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2023 at 9:21 PM, Alpo said:

I read of this when I was a little kid. Indians, when boiling the sap down to make syrup, would take a spoonful of the hot syrup and swirl it out on the snow - like you're making a funnel cake. The snow would freeze the hot syrup, making maple sugar candy, which the Indian kids would scarf up.

What kind of containers did the Indians boil the syrup in?

29 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

What kind of containers did the Indians boil the syrup in?

They usually made containers of birch bark and dropped hot rocks into the sap or if they were lucky, had access to clay pot technology.

From my Grandmother, I recall a story of her grandparents, heating water in a birch bark container. It can be done,if the flames are kept low and below the level of the water. 

I've never tried it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

They usually made containers of birch bark and dropped hot rocks into the sap or if they were lucky, had access to clay pot technology.

From my Grandmother, I recall a story of her grandparents, heating water in a birch bark container. It can be done,if the flames are kept low and below the level of the water. 

I've never tried it.

Louis L'aMour mentioned this multiple times in his books, IIRC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I've never tried it.

Long article but in the end the author proves that you can boil maple sap in a bark container to make syrup. You can also dehydrate it to make hard sugar.

The author did it both with hot stones and by suspending the bark container over a low heat.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Canadian Turdo meme.jpg

And Canadians are sick, tired and broke from paying for them sh dung for brains.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Then quit voting for him.

Never did.

Got fooled by his Father(?)

Thought it was joke when his party brought him in, then when they made him their leader.........................

angw5GL_460s.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/28/2023 at 10:11 PM, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Then quit voting for him.

Normal people don't.  It's the WOKE side of the house that vote for him, along with all the women out there that still consider him to be in the rock star category.

• Sad 2

Sorry THAT was supposed to be a secret!!

canadian-navy.jpg

• Haha 3

I know you didn't write that joke, but just for general purposes and everybody's knowledge - there is no such thing as a Canadian goose.

It's a Canada Goose. Look it up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

I know you didn't write that joke, but just for general purposes and everybody's knowledge - there is no such thing as a Canadian goose.

It's a Canada Goose. Look it up.

I think you have stumbled on to why they are mean. They can’t talk and correct our verbiage and it makes them angry. ;)

• Haha 4