SASS Wire Forum

Blender....mini blender??? cordless???? pleze hep I want to git one on Black friday for cheep??

Chili Ron

Howdy, 

Any recommendations about blender vs mini blender and which maker?????

I see all sorts of motor 285 to 1100? what a range.

This one is little but haves all sortsa extra bits for around 30.....seems nice enuf.

Do I need 1100 watts????

I just want some shakes and maybe guaccomollie  for the super bowl.

I hear they can make some high octaine drinks.....any info on that???

I do have a big old clunky one left by previous person....

And I have a coffee bean grinder which looks lots like a blender but I hesitate to use it for

anything but grindin beans..... Dont mess with my coffee I am heavily armed.

Officers had tears in their eyes when I left.....no mo of my coffee at the office there.

Best

CR

I mean the osterizer worked for most folks for decades. Screenshot_20221120_085758.thumb.jpg.b2a934b1b5832ead83e758617f6a1111.jpg

Also for occasional use something like the bullet

Screenshot_20221120_085926.thumb.jpg.af8ddf0d49f303ffb5fd6b71da262e9d.jpg

For hard charging daily use a ninja works for the 3 cooks and smoothie freaks in my household

Screenshot_20221120_090159.thumb.jpg.768870be3b143ad072e2630880ba927e.jpg

I have a hand powered egg beater that is older than most people who will see this.  I also have tater masher or two and an array of French whisks.  

HINT: When stirring, whipping, beating, or blending in your kitchen ALWAYS use a French whisk.  (It doesn't make anything easier or in any way better, but it just looks so dang cool and makes folks think you're a "professional class chef".)  :P

It sounds like you want something for small batch and fairly light use.  Don't try to make guac in a blender, it's the wrong tool for that.  

On her last go at Weight Watchers the "starter kit" (a bunch of stuff for about $15) came with a little pull cord food chopper, holds about a cup or cup and a half.  Along the lines of https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-1qt-Quick-Pull-Chopper/921888730   which is a little bit bigger.  It does great on chopping onions, walnuts, carrots.  I don't bother with a food processor for guac, a knife is much faster if you consider clean up time.

You do want an actual blender for making drinks, see TJ's first image.  His last, that Ninja system is good, loud but good.  The problem is that the food processor is big.  7 cups, I think.  If you just want to chop half an onion it is overkill.  I use it for making good sized batches of salsa cruda, where I'm chopping 2 dozen tomatoes, 3 or 4 onions, cilantro, and a dozen or so various peppers (not all at once, that's about 4 batches).

Howdy,

12.88 sounds painless.....I could get something fancier if it works for me.

I did see a less ninja for about 50 bucks.

But 12.88 is to like.

More ideas are welcome.

Best

CR

Ninja--problem with spout cover.  They easily break--to the point there are massive numbers of 3D printed replacement ones on ebay.

just saying

and yes, it was a bear to get the replacement one on but we did and it works

• Chili Ron changed the title to Blender....mini blender??? cordless???? pleze hep I want to git one on Black friday for cheep??
6 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Do they come in 44 winchester???

Best

CR

They come in several sizes, none are .44 anything.  I have two sizes and a really old, like 26 years old, Cuisinart mini blender that holds just under a cup.  I also have all those manual tools in my last post.

Hamilton Beach single serve, electric blender. About $20.

Works well and will last about 4 years if treated well.

The $12 Mainstay lasted about 1 month!!!

Depends on what and how much you plan to blend.

Electric blenders are my choice. Hamilton Beach have done me very well.

We bought a cheap (!) Blendtec 20 years ago.  Much more expensive today.  It still makes superb Margaritas.  Thinking like so many other things, you get what you pay for.

4 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Another thing to consider is an immersion blender:

Hamilton Beach

Hamilton Beach Variable Speed Hand Blender With Turbo Boost Power -  20295579 | HSN

My daughter says I need one of those, but I can't find a small one and I don't need one as big as the ones I see in stores.

Oster.

Still using the one I bought for the frat house in 1971 ~ now on it's third cord.  ^_^

Here's a hint most folk do not know:

If you have an Oster, you do not need a "Magic Bullet."  The Oster jar base/blade assembly is standard mason jar thread.  Works great for smaller jobs.  Need to grind some coffee beans quickly?  Grab a small mason jar.  Individual milkshake?  Larger mason jar.  Smoothie?  Again... mason jar, then toss it into the dishwasher when done.  ;)

The downside?  Gotta replace the gasket from time to time.  But they're cheap.  :)

13 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

My daughter says I need one of those, but I can't find a small one and I don't need one as big as the ones I see in stores.

The one I linked isn't all that big.  The bowl of the chopper is, I think, 3 or 4 cups.  Which realistically is about 2 1/2 cups max.  A couple of medium tomatoes, half a small onion, and a couple of peppers.  

I have my MIL's 1950's Waring Blender and a l'il bitty Magic Chef food processor I probably bought at a discount store for $14.99 & those are the only two small appliances I will ever need.

Howdy,

Ninja saved me fifty bucks on Wednesday night.

All the blackfriday prices were in place.....

Worth tryin. I will check the threads...

Best

CR

Archived