Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Antique store find!


Pulp, SASS#28319
 Share

Recommended Posts

It's kind of sad what has happened to the price of a film camera equipment. Worth pennies on the dollar compared to what it was before the digital's took over. I know I have a bunch. I have a 6 x 7 Pentax medium format SLR that a fellow wanted to buy real bad in the pre-digital era his was stolen. I wouldn't sell it wish I had now. 

JHC:(

Edited by Capt. James H. Callahan
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ahh the good old days in the darkroom...Had a lot of fun there...Even made some pictures too...If all goes as planned will be a EOT with camera in hand...Dianna type plastic camera and lens...Uses 120 roll film...Going back to the basics...Point and shot and roll the film...The easy life...

 

Texas Lizard

 

Just remember to take off lens cover...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

 Now I bet film and developing are the pricey things.

Color film is crazy high, I use Kentmere B&W and develop and scan myself, so about $6.00 total for 24 exposure.  I recently heard Kodak is hiring more people to keep up with increased demand for film.  Digital is nice, but I really like film.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

Ahh the good old days in the darkroom...Had a lot of fun there...Even made some pictures too...If all goes as planned will be a EOT with camera in hand...Dianna type plastic camera and lens...Uses 120 roll film...Going back to the basics...Point and shot and roll the film...The easy life...

 

Texas Lizard

 

Just remember to take off lens cover...

I’ve seriously thought about getting a Diana or Holga.  I’ve got an old Brownie that uses 120 film, it does pretty good.  739A21E6-7D7B-431B-B000-109F76A77A2E.jpeg.a21fe6486423c24b86bf6237a288740d.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/4/2022 at 1:36 AM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

 Now I bet film and developing are the pricey things.

IF you can find the chemicals and paper and film.... The big photog shop near me only has AGFA paper and no developer chems.

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Muleshoe Bill SASS #67022 said:

IF you can find the chemicals and paper and film.... The big photog shop near me only has AGFA paper and no developer chems.

I develop with a homemade soup called Caffenol.  Instant coffee, Vitamin C and washing soda.  Works pretty good.  

98F4188A-1ECD-4109-A261-F403E04E4696.jpeg

EFED78AB-65E2-4E25-B489-5B9D763F00F1.jpeg

8954791C-B5D2-4670-8530-97B491901773.jpeg

994D55A4-5CF3-4A0A-9F9A-9242A0BF7794.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where can you get 35mm film?  I used to buy it in Eckerd Drug Stores, which now are CVS.  And where can you get the things developed?  I still have a Canon SLR and two or three pocket cameras in 35 mm.  They are all gathering dust somewhere in the house.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

Where can you get 35mm film?  I used to buy it in Eckerd Drug Stores, which now are CVS.  And where can you get the things developed?  I still have a Canon SLR and two or three pocket cameras in 35 mm.  They are all gathering dust somewhere in the house.

B&H https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=35mm film&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ps or Adorama or any other large photo store.

Processing here is one Dwaynes https://www.dwaynesphoto.com/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Pulp, SASS#28319 said:

I develop with a homemade soup called Caffenol.  Instant coffee, Vitamin C and washing soda.  Works pretty good.  

98F4188A-1ECD-4109-A261-F403E04E4696.jpeg

EFED78AB-65E2-4E25-B489-5B9D763F00F1.jpeg

8954791C-B5D2-4670-8530-97B491901773.jpeg

994D55A4-5CF3-4A0A-9F9A-9242A0BF7794.jpeg

Great pictures.... I had heard about caffenol some 20 years ago, but never looked into it as I had a stash of chemicals.  I will explore this  thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wife used to have a 4X5 camera for taking pictures of show horses. Still have a big cardboard box of film for it in the freezer. Last time I saw the camera her youngest daughter had it. That was many years ago so I have no idea if she still has the camera or not. 

 

Next time I clean the freezer I'll try to remember and write down the particulars of the film. IIRC all of it was Kodak.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used a Canon A-1 up until oh, 1990-something when I got a Canon Powershot for work and that sorta took over all my photos for a while. I didn't get my first digital SLR until 2015. Used Nikon D50.

Um, wow!

Of course that guy, little camera store also sold film cameras cheap.....next to a retirement community so they were plentiful and that coupled with shopgoodwill and a couple other sites....well, I'm re-discovering film and the joys of.

 

Your F-1 is a fine camera. You will get some fine use outta that one!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.