SASS Wire Forum

On tonight's ten o'clock news

On tonights ten o'clock news:

"The U. S. is making it clear that it wants to end the fighting in Ukraine as soon as possible..."

Huh?  :huh:

Does this mean that when a truce is eventually reached, our current administration will be taking credit for the cessation of hostilities?  :mellow: 

Stay 'tooned~!  :rolleyes:

I can’t hardly even listen to the idiotic crap I hear spewed on the news. :angry:

Of course they'll take credit, HC, it's how they roll. Lie and take credit for anything the least bit positive, lie and assign blame for anything the least bit negative, and finally, lie and make up things to either claim or assign.

UB, I find reading what the lunatic morons, (apologies to true lunatics and morons) spew is just barely palatable, hearing and seeing them is downright vomit inducing.

I remain blissfully ignorant of the goings on in the televised news. I refuse to be pulled into their hype. 

Someone at work asked me the other day if there was anything we could do to support Ukraine. I said “No. We aren’t here to make political statements. The taxpayers pay us to do a job. Not sit around hand-wringing doing nothing that’s in your job description.

You want to help Ukraine? Go get a gun, some ammo and a plane ticket or donate money…but do it on your own time.”

Thus endeth the discussion. 

The present administration has not taken any steps to back up those words...yet...and until they do...NO, they have not made it "clear".

(the ban on importing/buying Russian oil, doesn't take effect until this summer!!!...did you realize that?)

The Bible says: "faith, without works, is dead". 

I will say:...words, without immediate actions to back them up, is meaningless. 

If that statement came from a local-yokel news station, I would contact them, and protest that obvious false statement. 

We cannot allow the fake news media to say things and not have their hand called on it. 

7 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Noticeably missing in the talking head babble is any comment about a previous president pushing NATO member nations to increase their defense spending to the levels to which they had committed instead of cruising along on the U.S. tab. 

You ain't been paying attention. Anything DT was BAAAAAAAAD!

JHC:lol:

19 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

On tonights ten o'clock news:

"The U. S. is making it clear that it wants to end the fighting in Ukraine as soon as possible..."

Huh?  :huh:

Does this mean that when a truce is eventually reached, our current administration will be taking credit for the cessation of hostilities?  :mellow: 

Stay 'tooned~!  :rolleyes:

Did you forget....

He's the only man that can stand toe to toe with Putin.

11 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

(the ban on importing/buying Russian oil, doesn't take effect until this summer!!!...did you realize that?)

As to the executive order banning Russian oil:

EOsection3.jpg

The executive order, in general, doesn't pass the smell test. Touted as a ban on Russian oil, oil is never specifically expressed, but fish, shellfish, alcohol etc are.

Executive Order on Prohibiting Certain Imports, Exports, and New Investment with Respect to Continued Russian Federation Aggression | The White House

Several built in escape clauses.....

I think some folks watch too much TV. It seems to cause agitation.

One of the things that always interests me about this site, which I've been posting on for over 17 years, is how the moderators emphasize that politics aren't allowed, and yet politics are the everyday stock-in-trade of so many who post here. 

My own perhaps simple-minded conclusion is that Putin is to blame for the invasion of Ukraine.

After the walls came down, you know, when the Soviet system collapsed, had a coup and out of the pile of rubble that had been USSR they built something new. Something with more democratic values, freedoms. The Russia of today is nothing like the USSR of the 1970's.

So what does NATO "defend" against?

Seems to me too many of our western "leaders" and I use that term very loosely, are stuck in the attitudes of the 1970's. Perhaps it is as simple as they haven't come to trust the Russians. Well, I can understand that because I am a product of the Cold War. I served in what was then West Germany and I was as well indoctrinated by the policies of MY country as the Soviets were of there's back then. It is hard for me to trust as well but I am willing to listen and judge President Putin's actions and words on their own merits. Only time will tell if he's on the right side of this or not, when the truth of it comes out.

The history of Ukraine is quite interesting. No, you will not hear of things like this on the news, nor will you find accurate answers in places like wikpedia. Dig deeper. Whatever the truth is of today's events, I find myself listening more to Russian media. They at least make some sort of sense however, I have my doubts. Regardless, whatever the truth is, it sure isn't what the MSM or the US/NATO governments say it is.

Archived