SASS Wire Forum

But is she fluffy?

Trigger Mike

A friend of mine lost his wife due to covid.  She's been gone just over a year.   She was one that stayed home a lot before the virus, but especially so during it.  She didn't get her hair done for a year, went to get it done for the new year and got sick.   

My friend is 72.  Another friend lost her husband to old age.  She is 84.  She is lonely.  

She was courting a third friend but failed. She started chasing my recently widowed friend.  She made a stew and other food for him.  A few days later she asked him how he liked it.  He is nervous around her and is not interested, but doesn't want to hurt her.  He replied, "my mom was a good cook and she was fluffy.  My wife was a good cook and she was fluffy.  My sister is a good cook and she is fluffy.  You have a good figure.   You are not fluffy".

Lost my wife to Cancer a few 3 years ago , kids still in school so busy but guy at work last year . Hey I know this lady you should meet . Not really interested but he continues turns out shes a Mental health  Counselor or what ever a shrinks called now :)  I laughed and said You know I have been deployed 8 times , I wouldnt know if it was a date or a off site Psych eval . Pass 

I have been divorced almost 4 years, we split up about 7 years ago. I will be 60 next month and I have been looking and not finding a lady to date. 

So far, it has been a strange, scary, expensive ride and I am still alone. 

The last one lasted about 2 years and although it she was starting to warm up to the idea of something long term, she went and died on me a year ago today. (She was 54 years old) I have not been in the the mood to look very much since then.

When I have looked, it has been slim pickings.

5 hours ago, Maddog McCoy SASS #5672 said:

When I have looked, it has been slim pickings.

My experience is that the good ones are taken, the divorcées have unreasonable expectations, the widows have emotional baggage. Those who got over all that want a meal ticket.

My wife and I have been married nearly 42 years. If I were single now I am pretty sure there aren’t any women out there that would put up with me, or me with them. 

I have determined that women that are manipulative when they’re young are deviously manipulative when they are older. 

Women that are devious when younger are even more devious when older. 

Experience has taught them to hone and hide their skills. The bad ones are cunning. Beware!

For anyone that read the above and gets their panties in a bunch just know this. The above is a public service and some of us are on to you. :P:lol:

I know more than a few guys in their 60s who are either divorced or never married. NONE of them have any interest in meeting a woman to date,  marry, whatever. ALL of them say they have worked too hard for what they have. Starting over would kill them. NONE of them are willing to take that chance. They all say lonely is better than broke. ALL of them presume they'd be taken to the cleaners.

I've no idea what fluffy is unless you're describing some cats.

Wife and I were together for 30 years , youngest graduates this year . I find myself not interested , we had same interest and such . I find myself like many of the things mentioned. I am not changing, I don’t want to deal with someone else’s life, kids , issues ect .  Do I enjoy doing some things I did nope , not the same will it ever be ??? 

4 hours ago, Bailey Creek,5759 said:

I told them why get Married. There is no upkeep on a rental.

Amen to that.
I met a guy who travels to NV once a year for an all-nighter.
Buys a bottle, rents two ladies who tell him what a great guy he is, then he goes back home until the next time.

Wife and I have been together 43 years.  Now that the kids are gone, we get along better.  Retirement is gleaming in the distance.  She doesn't want or need another man.  I don't want to put up with someone else's family baggage and I wouldn't ask anyone to put up with mine and there is a TON.  If there ever was to be another woman, she better be rich because I'm not going to do a durn thing but clip coupons.

16 hours ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

Lost my wife to Cancer a few 3 years ago , kids still in school so busy but guy at work last year . Hey I know this lady you should meet . Not really interested but he continues turns out shes a Mental health  Counselor or what ever a shrinks called now :)  I laughed and said You know I have been deployed 8 times , I wouldnt know if it was a date or a off site Psych eval . Pass 

My condolences on your loss. :(

Archived