SASS Wire Forum

Merry Christmas, Everyone

DocWard

I'm sitting here with a few minutes to spare, and I don't know if I will have the time later tonight or tomorrow, so I thought I would take this time to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. For those of you who are traveling, you have my wishes for you safe travels.

In the past, during this time of year, I have posted a bit about Christmas, as it relates to my beliefs. For those who have read it before, if you will indulge me, I'll repeat much of what I have said in the past for those who are new.

Among family and friends, I have been asked why I celebrate Christmas, given my beliefs. Simply put, the answer is two-fold. First, Christmas to me is a cultural holiday. That is, it has, up until recently, been a holiday of commonality, where we Americans, coming from many and varied backgrounds, could find something that we could share, that could help us see similarities which bring us closer, rather than divide us, as a vocal few would have it do in this day and age. While we can all say "we are Americans," it is a tradition beyond that label that can help unite us if we so desire. I believe the importance of that is often overlooked.

Second, and, yes, more importantly, is the message of the season. Divinity aside (and I mean no offense in saying that), the message of Jesus is an important one. His message on how we treat one another as people, as brothers, is immensely important. Certain Buddhist sects recognize what is called a "bodhisattva," a person who has reached a stage of enlightenment, but chooses to remain here on earth in order to help others. Some liken Jesus to a bodhisattva, and the reason why can be clearly seen. Jesus was concerned first and foremost with his fellow man. Regardless of our faith, we can learn a lot from him. In that light, I see additional reason to recognize him, his birth, and to contemplate his message for us, of peace on earth.

So, with the above in mind, I again sincerely wish all of you a very, Merry Christmas, and wish that you and yours find peace and happiness in the coming year.

Who in their right mind can take exception to any wish of peace and good will offered in sincerity??

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all and HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Thank you everyone, your comments mean a lot to me. We had a slightly subdued Christmas this year, a bit light on the gift giving, but certainly big on the enjoyment of family. My youngest daughter has a damaged sidewall on a tire, and couldn't get it repaired in time to make the trip. So I got the pleasure of driving the hour to get her, and then take her back this evening so she could work in the morning. There is no sarcasm when I say pleasure, as I seldom get to spend time with her where it is just the two of us enjoying each other's company. It was a true pleasure to be able to do so. Small blessings, sometimes.

A Facebook find:

Merry Christmas from the National Bar Association!*

[*Restrictions apply, from us the wisher, after called the wishee please accept without obligation implied or explicit our best wishes for environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low stress, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practice within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice or secular practices of your choice, with respect to the religious/secular persuasions and traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all, or financially fulfilling and medically uncomplicated on the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2009 but with due respect to the calendar of choice of other cultures or sex and in regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religion, choice of computer platform or dietary preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting you are bound by the terms, and not entitled to further verification or withdraw. This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alterations be made, and shall be made the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wisher are acknowledged, this greeting implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes, that could be made due to this greeting. This greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions, and or the restrictions herein, may not be binding upon certain wishes in certain jurisdictions and is revocable at the certain discretion of the wisher this greeting is reasonably negated after the usual expected time to which one would celebrate and engage in good tidings for a period of one year or until a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first. The wisher only warrants this greeting for the limited replacement of this wish or the issuance of a new wish at the sole direction of the wisher. Any reference in this greeting to the Lord, or Father Christmas, or our savior or any other festive figures whether actual or implied, dead or alive shall not imply any endorsement from or from them this greeting. 

All proprietary rights in any reference to them via third party means or images are hereby acknowledged.]

Sorry I'm late to the dance.

I have been tripping over my feet sence my Motorcycle crash in 2016 .

I'm still here boys.

Marry Christmas.

So Saith The Rooster

Archived