SASS Wire Forum

Square cookies

Made some cookies for a friend in a nursing home, and me being me crammed too many on the sheet and they sorta ran together. LOL. At least he’ll know they didn’t come from the dollar store!

JHC :)

Them’ll work!!  Good on ya’!

Had you rolled 'em out with a rolling pin made from the legendary Ugly Stick, they would STILL be absolutely delightful --

-- because YOU CARED ENOUGH TO MAKE THEM!!!

Well done indeed and proud of you!

When I was in the Navy sailing the Indian Ocean my wife sent me a box of peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies. She made like 500 of them. It took several weeks for the box to reach me. When I opened it the box was filled with cookie bits. Just crumbs and little bits of cookies. I set the box on the table in our berthing compartment and invited everyone to get themselves a cup of cookie bits. That box of crumbs put a lot of smiles on a lot of sailors that day. 

It ain’t the shape they’re in that makes the cookies put smiles on faces. :)

i rather like those and applaud your choice of recipients , im spending the day tomorrow with my mother in law at the nursing home , not even sure she realizes its christmas other than we have all told her it was on multiple occasions leading up to this , this will go down as one of the most different of my lifetime , there have been a few over the last 70+ years that went down in my mental book as different/strange/strained/unpleasant/unforgotten this is a new experience because of all the circumstances , let you know how it goes , 

When was over in Gulf 1, my wife sent me a batch of Monster cookies. She sent them to me in a Quaker Oats tubular container, they were the same diameter as the inside of the container. None of them broke.

Archived