SASS Wire Forum

The Aussie Humour Thread

Buckshot Bear

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Here's mine -

39771739030_4141b9504a_o.thumb.jpg.58afcd80b8d06fa62517573a83fdbffa.jpg

40781869934_2872bbd301_b.thumb.jpg.e5f8706d9a77a7995bbb64d0a302b248.jpg

Beautiful dogs. They have   that, I ain't taking crap from anyone or anything look about them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Beautiful dogs. They have   that, I ain't taking crap from anyone or anything look about them.

.... well, Buckshot did say it was his dog .........  -_-

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

He's our third Blue Heeler, he's great with family.....not great at all with strangers. We have always had to be super careful.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

He's our third Blue Heeler, he's great with family.....not great at all with strangers. We have always had to be super careful.

Our new rescue Rottweiler is such a sweetie, but as you, we have to be careful when she meets new men. 98% of the time she's great, but that other 2% can be exciting. In 2 years, we still haven't identified the trigger. Sometimes she gets grabby with some guy she's already met. 

Edited by Eyesa Horg
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Our new rescue Rottweiler is such a sweetie, but as you, we have to be careful when she meets new men. 98% of the time she's great, but that other 2% can be exciting. In 2 years, we still haven't identified the trigger. Sometimes she gets grabby with some guy she's already met. 

Had a rescue that was triggered by ball caps. Have known a few others that are triggered by types of clothing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Had a rescue that was triggered by ball caps. Have known a few others that are triggered by types of clothing. 

That's exactly what we thought for a while. Although I wear a ball cap outdoors. so we told guys to take em off. No difference. After 2 years she is much better, which has caused us to let our guard down! Fortunately it doesn't happen to often now. She doesn't bite, but grabs loose clothing. Once grabbed a hand and the guy pulled back and got a cut on his thumb from a tooth. :(

• Like 2

On 9/14/2022 at 8:58 PM, Eyesa Horg said:

I adopted a rescue Husky/Golden mix (Goberian). Every now and then, he displayed a "dramatic' reaction to a stranger, but completely friendly to everyone else.

After a while, I figured out he absolutely never liked any meth-head (bad teeth, bad skin, jittery twitches). For those  who did not display those characteristics, I figured they were not completely gone yet but figured my boy smelled the meth.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Very rare for a kangaroo to have twins, look how she has to lean forward to let them both in :) 

Too wild! I've never seen that. Armadillos don't do that, neither do squirrels or deer.

That has got to be UNCOMFORTABLE!

• Like 1

I knew that Mama carried Joey in her pouch - that's where the nipple is - but I never realized she would still carry him when he was that big.

Mama dog will pick up her newborn 4 ounce puppy and carry him by the scruff of his neck. But she is not still doing it when he is six months old and weighs five pounds.

I guess this is just ONE MORE EXAMPLE of "Oz is weird".

• Haha 3