SASS Wire Forum

The Aussie Humour Thread

Buckshot Bear

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

You believe that stubbies can be either drunk or worn.

https://www.lowes.com.au/m-stubbies-original-black-shorts-2381

I wish something like this could be found here in the states. That is a pair of shorts. You go to the store and buy a pair of shorts today and they extend below your knees. That is totally frikkin' ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I wish something like this could be found here in the states. That is a pair of shorts. You go to the store and buy a pair of shorts today and they extend below your knees. That is totally frikkin' ridiculous.

These are the most popular Aussie shorts Alpo for real blokes, not the man buns who wear cargo shorts below there knees (gawd I HATE those shorts).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

BAIT TANK ? 

When I was 5 or 6, we visited my aunt and uncle in Albuquerque. It was so hot that my uncle filled his aluminum (<correct spelling) boat with water and I used it like a kiddie pool! :D

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

When I was 5 or 6, we visited my aunt and uncle in Albuquerque. It was so hot that my uncle filled his aluminum (<incorrect spelling) boat with water and I used it like a kiddie pool! :D

......... fixed it for you  -_-

• Haha 3

On 2/14/2024 at 5:57 PM, Alpo said:

Those are what the fashion kids wear around here.  No thanks.

https://shop.lululemon.com/p/men-shorts/License-to-Train-Linerless-Short-5/_/prod11130328?color=0001

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Is your "no thanks" your reference to the length of the shorts, or the $88 price tag?

I noticed another thing in that ad that just gripes the hell out of me. They refer to that garment as "a short".

That's some stupidity they came up with a few years ago. "Since the garment is only one garment, it cannot be a pair of anything". Therefore it is a pant or a short or a overall or a panty, instead of pants or shorts or overalls or panties.

Stupid.

I have noticed that women no longer wear panties, they wear "a panty", but men still wear briefs or boxers. I've never noticed anything saying that a guy is wearing a brief or a boxer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Every Aussie kid used to make these paddle pop stick boomerangs that held together at school -

423554916_400035885862934_6242540752965764132_n.jpg.8c469b3c853e8129eb83e75ce25fdf6c.jpg

Us too!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

428298978_3663348830609631_6971289668999964720_n.jpg.77e01dede3b8491961f57f7a92a5aab0.jpg

So I'm a Feral Mozzie?

• Haha 3

Does feral mean the same thing down there? Domesticated that's running wild?

A feral mosquito, or a feral sausage?

Y'all are weird.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Does feral mean the same thing down there? Domesticated that's running wild?

A feral mosquito, or a feral sausage?

Y'all are weird.

Yes, but its now pretty all encompassing for things like someone who is a bit rough or unkept "Yeah Bill's a bit feral alright",

Its used as derogatory slang as well i.e. "Ya' rotten feral bastard". (Disgusting bastard).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2