Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

There's a limit to my patience... *Grump!*


Recommended Posts

A few weeks ago I received an email announcing that there was a UPS delivery coming, with a tracking number.  I had no idea what it was, but made sure I was home to receive it.  

 

No delivery.

 

Instead, there was a notice that delivery had been attempted but no one was home.  I logged on to UPS and arranged for me to pick up the mystery parcel at UPS the following afternoon... it turned out to be CPAP recall notice.  Big whoopie.

 

So Ms Helen Brimstone's son went and got hisself married about three weeks ago.  Last week I ordered up a wedding present from Amazon, which was supposed to be delivered today.  The UPS tracker initially said between nine and noon, then noon and three, then three to six, and another note that said by seven.

 

I logged onto my UPS account and accessed a map that showed my location and the location of the truck - at that time, about a mile and a half.

 

Well, it was a pleasant afternoon, and I decided to wait outside.  There I was, leaning against the Miata, drinking coffee, reading a book, when my phone buzzed.  I opened my messages, and there was a note from UPS saying that they had attempted delivery but no one was home.

 

Color me pi$$ed!

 

Somehow, I got someone at UPS on the phone and made it clear that I was an unhappy customer.  She listened, read me back the report she'd completed, told me that she was going to file it and I should hear from someone shortly.

 

I was amazed when I actually did get a call about a half hour later!  The gentleman asked me again about my complaint, then told me he had spoken with the driver who said "Well, it was gettin' late."  He then told me that said driver was essentially in deep doo-doo; he then told me that he had already reviewed my tracking attempts - and when I told him that the map-tracker showed the truck stationary for an hour and a half, he said "I know."

 

I truly dislike getting someone in trouble, but this dude is a knot-head.  Undoubtedly never thought that some folks might be retired and waiting at home for him to do his job.

 

And now I get to go pick up my parcel at UPS tomorrow afternoon.

 

Sheesh...  

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also had a similar experience except the package would show up days later. Then one day I got a delivery of smokeless powder. The message I got said it was delivered at 10:00 am. I got home at 3 to find my box of powder sitting on the walkway to my front door with the big orange “Explosive” label facing the street for everyone going by to see. 
Without enhancing my blood pressure let me just say that the fat lazy long haired tub of pig shite no longer delivers in my neighborhood. 
This is the same maroon that took 3 days of attempting to deliver my revolver coming back from S&W yet no note was left on my door. 
I hope he was fired but I doubt that he was. 
 

What I don’t get is UPS pays well and it’s a pretty good job from what I hear. Yet they seem to have a few slackers that don’t like doing that job. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was supposed to get a package from Amazon. Yesterday. It was not delivered. The reason given was that my driveway and my front door were not accessible.

 

It said they would try again.

 

It was not delivered today. The reason given was that my driveway and my front door were not accessible.

 

This was post office, not UPS. I believe that the reason they were not delivered is that the lazy sumbitch did not want to get out of the truck and walk up to the house.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ordered a package from Walmart last Monday. The website said that it should be here Wednesday. 

Followed tracking, Wednesday morning shows "Out for Delivery". Wednesday night shows 6:03 pm Delayed.

Thursday morning shows "Out for Delivery". Thursday night shows 6:01 pm Delayed

Friday morning shows "Out for Delivery". Friday night shows 6:03 pm Delayed

Monday morning, "Out for Delivery. Monday night AFTER 10:00 P.M., (went to bed) "Delivered, 3;45 P.M." 

Tuesday morning, NO PACKAGE! Called the delivery service, got a "I'll contact the driver, find out, and call you." 

Wednesday morning, no phone call. Called them back, "Delivery status has changed, we still have it." "Can I get it?" I'll contact the warehouse and call you back". 

It's 10:23 P.M. as I type this, NO PHONE CALL!!

I'm going to call them AGAIN tomorrow and tell them I'M COMING TO GET IT!!!

Edited by Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FedEx has all of a sudden been slack-doggin’ it in my area as well. 

I ordered a part from RCBS. It shipped on a Monday with the promised delivery of Weds. I got a tracking number. It was in the Santa Ana facility Tuesday night. FedEx sent me a message stating “Will be delivered Weds by 4:00”. It wasn’t. 
It wasn’t delivered Thursday 

It wasn’t delivered Friday

It finally came Saturday 

 

I ordered another part from RCBS a week later. SAME EXACT SCENARIO OCCURRED!

 

It seems that the FedEx guy in my area only delivers here before 10:00 am then has other areas to service. It doesn’t explain why something out for a delivery on Weds takes until Saturday to arrive. 
 

I am sure CoVid has something to do with it. :wacko: At least that seems to be the running excuse for poor service these days. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Found an Amazon package on my front deck Tuesday afternoon. Knew that we weren't expecting anything, so, I picked it up and read the label. Address said 2747. Mine is 2741. 47 is three houses down from me, my address is very plainly on the light post out front! This guy either didn't take the time to verify the house number or can't read!:blink::mellow::rolleyes::blush:

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We luck out here...folks are contracted through the UPS and Fed Ex...and want to KEEP their contract.

Only during Christmas rush did I get the unable to deliver. Twice!

I count my blessings.

It is a shame that they fudge not delivering by saying attempted.

Or, signing on your behave under the threat of Covid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Couple years ago, wife ordered something for a birthday present.  This was January I think as it was winter time here in the land of cheese curds.  So she is faithfully tracking this package so she can get it to the intended party. Our normal delivery guy is on the spot.  We know him, he knows us.  It's a smaller world out here.  Everyone knows me.  But this other delivery guy "delivered" it and closed out the order.  The tracking shows that the package was delivered and we looked all over the place for this package.  It wasn't on the front porch, it wasn't in one of the vehicles parked by the house, it wasn't inside the walk in door of the garage, it wasn't in the shed.  So she calls the local UPS depot to file a lost package. She gets a call back the next day saying the package was indeed delivered.  The driver tied the package to one of the rails of our fence because he didn't want to drive down the driveway for fear he would get stuck.  Our driveway is about 250 yards long and I plow it well.  It had snowed about an inch, maybe two but it was easily passable with a big circle by the house to turn around and get back out.  This dude walked through 3 feet high of plowed snow and another foot of fallen snow to tie the package to the fence instead of driving it up to the house.  The Queen was PO'ed.  Here this expensive gift was tied to the fence for two days where anyone driving by could have picked it off.  Neither of us saw it there as the goof put it in a white plastic bag to tie it to the fence.  White bag on a snow covered background.  We didn't notice it and there was no indication in the delivery of it.  It all ended ok but she was not happy for a while.  This still gets her wound up if you bring it up.

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the other hand..... Bought a gun here on the wire. Shipped Tuesday and said Saturday delivery. FFL called and said it's in. Going to pick it up now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I ordered a package from Walmart last Monday. The website said that it should be here Wednesday. 

Followed tracking, Wednesday morning shows "Out for Delivery". Wednesday night shows 6:03 pm Delayed.

Thursday morning shows "Out for Delivery". Thursday night shows 6:01 pm Delayed

Friday morning shows "Out for Delivery". Friday night shows 6:03 pm Delayed

Monday morning, "Out for Delivery. Monday night AFTER 10:00 P.M., (went to bed) "Delivered, 3;45 P.M." 

Tuesday morning, NO PACKAGE! Called the delivery service, got a "I'll contact the driver, find out, and call you." 

Wednesday morning, no phone call. Called them back, "Delivery status has changed, we still have it." "Can I get it?" I'll contact the warehouse and call you back". 

It's 10:23 P.M. as I type this, NO PHONE CALL!!

I'm going to call them AGAIN tomorrow and tell them I'M COMING TO GET IT!!!

I called again this morning, (Thursday), and they still couldn't tell me anything, so I did indeed tell them I was coming to get it. When I did, not one but TWO supervisors wanted to know what happened. I told them that I did too. I got my package, it was a 2 lb, soft package. It's beyond me why they couldn't get it here. 

I called Walmart and told them NOT to use this shipper for my stuff again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2021 at 3:24 PM, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I called again this morning, (Thursday), and they still couldn't tell me anything, so I did indeed tell them I was coming to get it. When I did, not one but TWO supervisors wanted to know what happened. I told them that I did too. I got my package, it was a 2 lb, soft package. It's beyond me why they couldn't get it here. 

I called Walmart and told them NOT to use this shipper for my stuff again.

When I or my wife order stuff from Walmart we always select store pickup.  Walmart is closest to us since it is located on the west side city limits.  The other store with groceries is Safeway which is 3 signals farher into town.  Besides since early January 2020 they have curbside pick up.  Our Mr Coffee went tango uniform yesterday morning; so, the misses ordered one this morning & picked it up 90 minutes later at the curbside pick up area.

P.S.  I live 8 miles north west of town.  The closest (5 miles) retail establishment is a minimart with 4 gas pumps and a small casino next door.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, J.D. Daily said:

When I or my wife order stuff from Walmart we always select store pickup.  Walmart is closest to us since it is located on the west side city limits.  The other store with groceries is Safeway which is 3 signals farher into town.  Besides since early January 2020 they have curbside pick up.  Our Mr Coffee went tango uniform yesterday morning; so, the misses ordered one this morning & picked it up 90 minutes later at the curbside pick up area.

P.S.  I live 8 miles north west of town.  The closest (5 miles) retail establishment is a minimart with 4 gas pumps and a small casino next door.

I'm at Walmart a couple times a week, lately. However, like many things I need, they either don't stock them at THAT store, or not enough. This was the latter. And this is the only time I had this problem with them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BMC's quote of the day!

 

"IF YOU HAVE NO CONSIQUENCES TO YOUR ACTIONS, YOU WILL PROBABLY NOT HAVE SATISFACTORY ACTIONS."

Edited by Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2021 at 7:01 AM, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I'm at Walmart a couple times a week, lately. However, like many things I need, they either don't stock them at THAT store, or not enough. This was the latter. And this is the only time I had this problem with them. 

For Walmart items not stocked in the store I always choose in store pick up to save the freight cost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, J.D. Daily said:

For Walmart items not stocked in the store I always choose in store pick up to save the freight cost.

I get around that by ordering enough to get free shipping. :D That also means I don't have to worry about running out as soon.;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.