SASS Wire Forum

WTC

Kid Rich

Shooter does rifle and pistol sequence, picks up shotgun and proceeds to shoot pistol target that is located very close to sg target and the same shape as sg target. He then realizes mistake and shoots sg targets, the two knockdown targets go down and the two flappers are obviously hit. MD says P for shooting targets out of order or wrong target, PM agrees with him. I said the worst it would be is a miss. The shooter said I didn't miss any sg targets the flappers were hit and the knockdowns went down. I agreed with him as you are allowed to make up "misses" on sg target. I agree that a hit on a rifle target with a pistol is a miss and a hit on a pistol target with a rifle is a miss. But you can always make up misses on a sg target unless for some strange reason the stage convention forbids it.

kR

I can't speak for PWB, but I bet stuff like this drives him crazy when a MD and PM don't even know

what the heck is going on to make a correct call.

Its a No Call.   Its bad enough for the shooter to have to deal with bad calls such as this.

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Kid Rich said:

Shooter does rifle and pistol sequence, picks up shotgun and proceeds to shoot pistol target that is located very close to sg target and the same shape as sg target. He then realizes mistake and shoots sg targets, the two knockdown targets go down and the two flappers are obviously hit. MD says P for shooting targets out of order or wrong target, PM agrees with him. I said the worst it would be is a miss. The shooter said I didn't miss any sg targets the flappers were hit and the knockdowns went down. I agreed with him as you are allowed to make up "misses" on sg target. I agree that a hit on a rifle target with a pistol is a miss and a hit on a pistol target with a rifle is a miss. But you can always make up misses on a sg target unless for some strange reason the stage convention forbids it.

kR

Shanley and I have to agree with your thinking on this one.

Would only be a miss if any other gun...but sg can be made up. 

No call...

No call. Time served is the penalty.

MD and PM need RO refresher. If this was an Arizona match, have them contact me to set up said refresher. There are four RO Instructors in Arizona, one of us can fill the bill.

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I can't speak for PWB, but I bet stuff like this drives him crazy when a MD and PM don't even know

what the heck is going on to make a correct call.

YES...it does!

Its a No Call.   Its bad enough for the shooter to have to deal with bad calls such as this.

^^^^ THIS! ^^^^

Archived