SASS Wire Forum

Mind is working on Retirement...

Singin' Sue 71615

Good idea. :)

Recently I have been thinking about my retirement and where we want to end up. I wish this CoVid crap would end so I can do some road trips to Arizona and Texas. 

3 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Good idea. :)

Recently I have been thinking about my retirement and where we want to end up. I wish this CoVid crap would end so I can do some road trips to Arizona and Texas. 

We have travelled to Az, Texas and Ok this year to shoot.

I say don't wait. Go live life!!!

Come check out the Ozarks, my area of Arkansas has some great CAS folks! They even put up with me!

I can't stop thinking about retirement although it is a few years away. Single digits. :D

Hopefully reloading components will be available then because I plan to do a lot more cowboy action shooting and travelling. :D

4 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

I can't stop thinking about retirement although it is a few years away. Single digits. :D

Hopefully reloading components will be available then because I plan to do a lot more cowboy action shooting and travelling. :D

Right?

We know where we want to be...and want to shoot out on the Eastern front!

27 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

Come check out the Ozarks, my area of Arkansas has some great CAS folks! They even put up with me!

Y'know, that could be a mark against those clubs.  I personally  would be cautious of any group that would accept me as a member.

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Thinking on clubs near by.

Durango, Co used to have a club...guess it is gone.

Soooo....2 clubs in Montrose,Co

and 1 in Cortez, Co.

I'm thinking it's time to visit these clubs...see where we fit!

Now my feelings are hurt !!! You forgot 

about my home club in Grand junction? Hotchkiss? Gypsum?

now you need to come here and dry my tears!

still love you guys 

Gateway Kid

21 minutes ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Now my feelings are hurt !!! You forgot 

about my home club in Grand junction? Hotchkiss? Gypsum?

now you need to come here and dry my tears!

still love you guys 

Gateway Kid

I could never forget about Whitewater!!!

The others are closer...although Montrose is only what, an hour 20 min closer???

We will definately come see our GJ peeps!!!

Sue,

The 4 Corners Gunslingers  are still there, we shoot the 3rd Sunday of the month.

The Tres Rios Bandidos are still hangin' in there also,about 45 miles from Durango in Farmington, NM. We shoot the 2nd and 4th Sundays. 

The Windy Gap  Regulators are in Cortez CO , also in the 4 Corners.They shoot the 1st Sunday and the preceding Saturday.

Come shoot with us anytime.

Choctaw Jack 

1 hour ago, Choctaw Jack said:

Sue,

The 4 Corners Gunslingers  are still there, we shoot the 3rd Sunday of the month.

The Tres Rios Bandidos are still hangin' in there also,about 45 miles from Durango in Farmington, NM. We shoot the 2nd and 4th Sundays. 

The Windy Gap  Regulators are in Cortez CO , also in the 4 Corners.They shoot the 1st Sunday and the preceding Saturday.

Come shoot with us anytime.

Choctaw Jack 

We keep saying we need to come see y'all in F-town. My birthplace!

So Durango still has a club?

21 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

We keep saying we need to come see y'all in F-town. My birthplace!

So Durango still has a club?

Yes,ma'am.Small but persistent.

Come shoot with us!

3 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I could never forget about Whitewater!!!

The others are closer...although Montrose is only what, an hour 20 min closer???

We will definately come see our GJ peeps!!!

Looking forward to seeing you guys. 
Gateway

i retired twice so far - both times ive taken other work , i just cant get used to not having to get up and be somewhere to do something , i am getting more used to it as i go along but also would love to move - the ozarks sounds real fine to me , im from arkansas in family heritage and would love to go there , im still stdying the weather in places i might light - im real tierd of the cold here 

18 minutes ago, watab kid said:

i retired twice so far - both times ive taken other work , i just cant get used to not having to get up and be somewhere to do something , i am getting more used to it as i go along but also would love to move - the ozarks sounds real fine to me , im from arkansas in family heritage and would love to go there , im still stdying the weather in places i might light - im real tierd of the cold here 

Daddy's little cabin was built with love...and it holds my heart!

And Shanley is starting to feel that way!

Plenty to do to keep busy, and the fishing is so good!!!

0718201830.jpg

30 minutes ago, watab kid said:

Real good clubs in Hot Springs and Heber Springs and I am sure there are others that I haven't met the folks yet!

8 minutes ago, Rattlesnake Slim said:

Sue...This is Arizona calling...You can shoot every weekend...Your pipes will never freeze...And Shanley can wear short pants.

Hahahaha!!!

You don't want to see Shanley in short pants!!!:rolleyes:

Or me, for that matter!!!

You know, we do have it in our mind to spend Jan, Feb in Az (maybe Dec).

March, April and May might be Texas!!!

Just now, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Sue, that cabin is so cute and I love the trees.

I've been looking for a place to move also.  So far, the only place Hubby likes weather-wise is Arizona.

I understand that...I really do!

This little community in the high country us awesome...but had it not been for dad passing this down to us, to pass down to the kids and so on...we would not be able to do it.

It is cozy, for sure!

received_659919211366652.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Sue, that cabin is so cute and I love the trees.

I've been looking for a place to move also.  So far, the only place Hubby likes weather-wise is Arizona.

My childhood friend really, really loves Payson!!!

It does snow, but not long lasting!

20 minutes ago, Rattlesnake Slim said:

Sue...This is Arizona calling...You can shoot every weekend...Your pipes will never freeze...And Shanley can wear short pants.

When the heat gets you down, come on out!!! You've got a spot!!!

I believe it is about 6 hours for you!!!

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Hahahaha!!!

You don't want to see Shanley in short pants!!!:rolleyes:

Or me, for that matter!!!

You know, we do have it in our mind to spend Jan, Feb in Az (maybe Dec).

March, April and May might be Texas!!!

Over in my neck of the woods, you can shoot a match every weekend. If you set up home base around Terrell or Kaufman your longest drive would only be a little over an hour. 

40 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Over in my neck of the woods, you can shoot a match every weekend. If you set up home base around Terrell or Kaufman your longest drive would only be a little over an hour. 

Uhm, Dave....my dad threatened that if I did not behave...he'd drop me off in Terrell!!!

Yes, sir...you have a beautiful area there...7 Points, Gunbarrel City (family still there)...

But, at our mountain lake, the only bugs are 'skeeters and I can fish without having to carry a .22 lr for snakes!!!!:wub:

53 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Uhm, Dave....my dad threatened that if I did not behave...he'd drop me off in Terrell!!!

Yes, sir...you have a beautiful area there...7 Points, Gunbarrel City (family still there)...

But, at our mountain lake, the only bugs are 'skeeters and I can fish without having to carry a .22 lr for snakes!!!!:wub:

I would have never swam in Lake Tawakanni (?), had I known what that .22 rifle at the end of the dock was for!!!

I wish the very best on your soon-to-be retirement. We chose NorthWestern Nevada in the beautiful Carson Valley back in October. It was tuff to leave family and friends behind, but we needed to escape the lunacy of Kalifornistan and Covid just added fuel to the fire. I am excited to find the new to me clubs and am enjoying the weather here. Good luck in your endeavors :FlagAm:

Archived