SASS Wire Forum

Drinks are on me. Back from exile for now.

Howdy all,

Been a spell. Last few weeks been crazy. First the guy I work for got a horrible infection in his foot, came close to amputation. Bad news for a pharmacist working 9 hrs a day on your feet. Last month or so been working 45-55 hours a week. Then two weeks ago tomorrow my wife got a real good exposure to Covid. Tested neg and no symptoms (thank you Lord). So I spent 12 days at my hunting cabin (it's 20 miles closer to where I work anyway).  'Bout all I've done the last few weeks is work, go to the cabin, eat supper, watch a little MeTV (thankfully one of the 3 channels I can get, since we're about 3 miles from the transmitter) and hit the rack. Boss is attempting to work today for the first time in about 5 weeks, I'm sorta on standby to go in if he can't cut it. Oh yeah, a few days ago he dislocated his knee. Foot is much better but still looks like 9 kinds of Hell. First day I've spent at home for 2 1/2 weeks or so. Drinks are on me!

Sus amigo,

JHC

Capt., I can relate. A few years back I went for a weeks vacation and when I got home, found out that my associate had been in a motor cycle accident the day before. Went from part time to full time plus in a snap. Was that way for almost three months of 7 days straight. 2/3's  of the way through our boss had the hardware in his back work loose and put him down. That left me and the asst. manager to keep the place going. We were the two oldest employees age wise on staff. The assist. manager had me by about a year age wise. Combined age was something like 120 plus years.:rolleyes::blink::blush:

Glad things got better for you  and your wife and boss. I’ll take a shot of rye but next one’s on me!

1 hour ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Capt., I can relate. A few years back I went for a weeks vacation and when I got home, found out that my associate had been in a motor cycle accident the day before. Went from part time to full time plus in a snap. Was that way for almost three months of 7 days straight. 2/3's  of the way through our boss had the hardware in his back work loose and put him down. That left me and the asst. manager to keep the place going. We were the two oldest employees age wise on staff. The assist. manager had me by about a year age wise. Combined age was something like 120 plus years.:rolleyes::blink::blush:

Stuff like that happens, no fun.

JHC

9 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Don't really mean to complain, things could be much worse, just been a grind. Paychecks have been nice! :)

JHC

Captain, 

Sometimes we just need to vent. It sometimes helps. Hope it did for you.u

I’ll take a Wild Turkey and Coke. Learned to drink that from a Navy buddy from KY.

CJ

I've had a run of bad luck as well.  Just makes you glad Mr. Jameson's daddy learned him how to make good whiskey.

Archived