Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Original Lumpy Gritz

California shooters need to read this!

Recommended Posts

None taken.
CA is the last place I would recommend anyone come to live.. about as much as I would recommend Cuba or Venezuela.
Those who don't live here, really do not have a true understanding of how it is here.
I do hope GOA/GOC organizes Virginia-level demonstrations, which I will attend.
The March 2020 primary election should be a good indicator.

My wife is from Buffalo, land of terrible winters, ghastly humid summers and mosquitoes big enough to require landing lights.
We favor AZ and NV for low population, excellent air quality, low humidity and less severe winters.

Nursing school is #4s problem, not mine.  She's the "A" student... I just fund it.
Her hubby's union owns him for the next 7 years, so they stay in CA until they are free to move to TX.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2020 at 10:29 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yeah, we knew this would be coming. Thank God we have all our fellow countryman on our side ready to help fight another battle for our rights in these United States... oh, wait, whatever could I be thinking. That’s never happened before. Why would it happen now?


 


Thanks for the heads up, OLG. 

Don’t blast all of us.  Many of us feel for your plight. Ignore the haters.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Noz said:

and they have a truckload of nursing schools.

 

Yup they sure do.

Good to see you posting again :excl:

OLG 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Like this?

 

 

Don't give them any more ideas. Next they'll be requiring those for home defense.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why can’t you shoot jacketed bullets at steel targets? 

ever heard of the steel challenge? Virtually all shooters use jacketed or plated bullets!
You just can’t shoot the ridiculous low velocities that are now standard for cowboy shooting? Might be nice to go back to mor realistic velocities?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

Why can’t you shoot jacketed bullets at steel targets? 

ever heard of the steel challenge? Virtually all shooters use jacketed or plated bullets!
You just can’t shoot the ridiculous low velocities that are now standard for cowboy shooting? Might be nice to go back to mor realistic velocities?

 

 Probably have to move a lot of targets back out to a little farther distance to try to negate copper jacketing coming back at the shooter.

 

 There would probably be a lot of fussing at slower stage times with those targets moved back but at least people would be shooting and playing cowboy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

Why can’t you shoot jacketed bullets at steel targets? 

ever heard of the steel challenge? Virtually all shooters use jacketed or plated bullets!
You just can’t shoot the ridiculous low velocities that are now standard for cowboy shooting? Might be nice to go back to mor realistic velocities?

 

2 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

 

 Probably have to move a lot of targets back out to a little farther distance to try to negate copper jacketing coming back at the shooter.

 

 There would probably be a lot of fussing at slower stage times with those targets moved back but at least people would be shooting and playing cowboy.

 

I don't know about you guys but I'm not willing to give in to these gun grabbers. If I wanted to shoot steel challenge, I would shoot steel challenge. I choose to shoot CAS with lead bullets. I've been on the receiving end of jacketed bullet fragments, had to use a knife to dig them out on the range. Realistic Velocities? I don't shoot any piss ant loads. I don't shoot full boat loads either. Why should people have to spend 3 to 4 times as much on bullets as they do now?

 

Seems like that in less than 48 hours, people are resigned to alternative solutions to a problem that doesn't exist. Kind of a defeatist attitude if I might say.

 

Fight, fight and fight like your freedom depends on it.....because it does.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those jacketed bullets used in Steel Challenge and modern 3-gun have lead cores. 

This law, would kill those shooting disciplines at public ranges.

What's interesting, there's no LEO  exception for departments that use/lease public ranges. 

I do wonder about BLM land.

OLG 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2020 at 6:54 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

How would paper targets overcome the "no lead rule"? 

 

Maybe this?.............

 

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/alternative-ammo/

 

Boy... I could go on for days about the bias in that article.  <_<

 

Bias... partial presentation of facts... omissions... I suspect Mister Dan Zimmerman was paid well for this piece ~ and to the uninitiated it will be quite convincing.  And therein lies the problem (or one of the  major problems!) - in california, the vast majority of the population are of that classification.  

 

By the way... one of the major milestones in this drive toward a lead-free utopia was the passage of california AB-711 in 2013.  Here's an interesting passage from the bill:

 

Quote

 

Assembly Bill No. 711

CHAPTER 742

SEC. 2.

3004.5. (a) (d) (1) To the extent that funding is available, the commission shall establish a process that will provide hunters with nonlead ammunition at no or reduced charge. The process shall provide that the offer for nonlead ammunition at no or reduced charge may be redeemed through a coupon sent to a permitholder with the appropriate permit tag. If available funding is not sufficient to provide nonlead ammunition at no charge, the commission shall set the value of the reduced charge coupon at the maximum value possible through available funding, up to the average cost within this state for nonlead ammunition, as determined by the commission.

 

 

Now... I'm curious.  How many of you have received your ammunition subsidy??  <_<

 

Jeepers - if I used the descriptors I would like to use, I would undoubtedly be banished for eternity!   :ph34r:

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

.................

 

Jeepers - if I used the descriptors I would like to use, I would undoubtedly be banished for eternity!   :ph34r:

 

C'mon Uncle Hardpan, they's only adjectives ........ :rolleyes:

 

 

1 hour ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 3:40 PM, Cypress Sun said:

Seems like that in less than 48 hours, people are resigned to alternative solutions to a problem that doesn't exist. Kind of a defeatist attitude if I might say.

 

Fight, fight and fight like your freedom depends on it.....because it does.

 

What are people expected to do? The anti-gun politicians outnumber the pro-gun ones in CA by a 2 to 1 margin. Contacting your representative is a waste of time. It's either follow the law, break it and risk getting caught, or move.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is the way I see it, also.
There is a fully documented 2:1 Democrat voter advantage in the PRK, and a 75% Democrat super majority in the legislature.
I don't have much faith in NRA piling on the lawsuits... more faith in GOC than NRA, so I sent 'em another donation.

The lawyers will destroy any range that allows lead.

Edited by bgavin
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You would think with that kind of political power the Democrats would've turned CA into the kind of Utopia they always brag about having if only the evil GOP wouldn't keep blocking them. Well, nobody's stopping them and yet the place has turned into a sheer hellhole of onerous laws, sky-high taxes, horrible traffic, pollution, drought, natural disasters, homelessness and no end to violent crime in sight.

 

And to think several other western states are trying to follow their example.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

 

What are people expected to do? The anti-gun politicians outnumber the pro-gun ones in CA by a 2 to 1 margin. Contacting your representative is a waste of time. It's either follow the law, break it and risk getting caught, or move.

 

Okay, give up then. Stick your head in the sand and hope it goes away.

 

There's a similar thread here about the Alamo. They didn't give up against overwhelming odds, they got massacred standing up for them. Eventually Texas won independence from Mexico and became a State. No one in California that stands up to this ludicrous law is going to get massacred but if no one stands against it, it will surely get passed.

 

Your options are give in, break the law or move. Law abiding citizens aren't going to risk breaking the law. Most of the law abiding citizens can't afford to just pick up and move, leaving behind loved ones or jobs or both.

 

Only the people who reside and vote in California can fight or surrender in this fight, but everyone in every State WILL have a dog in this fight sooner or later.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

come on down to Arkansas,several of our members are X commiefornia 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

Okay, give up then. Stick your head in the sand and hope it goes away.

 

There's a similar thread here about the Alamo. They didn't give up against overwhelming odds, they got massacred standing up for them. Eventually Texas won independence from Mexico and became a State. No one in California that stands up to this ludicrous law is going to get massacred but if no one stands against it, it will surely get passed.

 

Your options are give in, break the law or move. Law abiding citizens aren't going to risk breaking the law. Most of the law abiding citizens can't afford to just pick up and move, leaving behind loved ones or jobs or both.

 

Only the people who reside and vote in California can fight or surrender in this fight, but everyone in every State WILL have a dog in this fight sooner or later.

 

You can bet that people are standing up and protesting this bill. All I'm saying is that the anti-gunners hold such a comfortable majority in the CA legislature that they don't have to give a damn what any of us think. They'll pass whatever laws they please and just watch the pro-gun people get upset for their own amusement. Their jobs are safe.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2020 at 8:07 PM, Tyrel Cody said:

 

What can we do to help?

Letters, cards and emails to California Assembly and Senate members are critically needed RIGHT NOW.  When they can't get into their offices over the pile of mail, they will at least listen. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted this on the main thread, but here it is again. We aren't necessarily out matched. We just need voters to actually vote or register to vote if they aren't. Republicans, no party, other and non registered would become beyond a majority again if they stopped thinking their vote doesn't count.

 

Current California Voter Registration Statistics

Report Date: January 3, 2020
Democratic: 9,109,939   44.6%
Republican: 4,842,603  23.7%
No Party Preference: 5,291,771 25.9%
Other: 1,183,957 5.8%
Eligible Voters not registered: 4,807,843

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

I posted this on the main thread, but here it is again. We aren't necessarily out matched. We just need voters to actually vote or register to vote if they aren't. Republicans, no party, other and non registered would become beyond a majority again if they stopped thinking their vote doesn't count.

 

Current California Voter Registration Statistics

Report Date: January 3, 2020
Democratic: 9,109,939   44.6%
Republican: 4,842,603  23.7%
No Party Preference: 5,291,771 25.9%
Other: 1,183,957 5.8%
Eligible Voters not registered: 4,807,843

 

Sounds like the Democrats have successfully suppressed the vote of a LOT of potential Republicans; something they accuse the Republicans of doing :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

 

Sounds like the Democrats have successfully suppressed the vote of a LOT of potential Republicans; something they accuse the Republicans of doing :angry:

Too hard to say with no evidence either way. All of those nearly 5 million unregistered voters very well could be Democrats. I somehow doubt that though. I have a feeling many of them are disenfranchised with the system assuming their vote doesn't count here, which couldn't be further from the truth. And to note, this is the voter registration rolls. Not the actual voting rolls. Those would be much lower all the way around. It does blow my mind that so many people in this country don't vote, when other countries have and still are fighting and dying for the right to vote.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.