SASS Wire Forum

Do you suppose it would work?

Alpo

Charade. Herman (George Kennedy) got his hand shot off in the war. He was holding Cary Grant at gunpoint, with the gun in his left hand. He put the gun in his fake right hand so he could frisk Cary.

Do you suppose he would be able to shoot it with a prosthetic hand?

31b30a9c9ce471e3901caf554ae38ea4.jpg

It appears to not be cocked, so it probably wouldn't work. :lol:

Yep, he could shoot it and with a claw grip would stay put, if not, so what, only takes one shot.

Stupid directors! Why didn't they have him hold it in his left hand!!:blink:

He had it in his left hand. Then he put it in his claw so he could frisk Cary. Once he had taken Cary's gun, unloaded it and thrown it down the stairwell, he took the 45 back into his left hand.

Any of you guys remember the action figure, (and I use that term lightly) J.J. Armes? Had two hooks instead of hands. 

It turns out that he was a real guy. I read his autobiography many years ago, and it was quite fascinating. Alpo would like it. 

I don't remember how he lost his hands, but he became a P.I.  Among other things, he could shoot with BOTH hooks and fly a helicopter. He was also the guy who solved Marlon Brando's son's kidnapping.

Back then, a leather cuff. Straps around the shoulder & bicep clamped and released the hooks with a shrugging movement. 

You are correct. My middle sister was born with some birth defects and was fitted with an artificial arm/prosthetic with the hook like that. In that position it looks as if it would only pinch down on the trigger guard.

Any of you guys remember the action figure, (and I use that term lightly) J.J. Armes? Had two hooks instead of hands. 

It turns out that he was a real guy. I read his autobiography many years ago, and it was quite fascinating. Alpo would like it. 

I don't remember how he lost his hands, but he became a P.I.  Among other things, he could shoot with BOTH hooks and fly a helicopter. He was also the guy who solved Marlon Brando's son's kidnapping.

More information you will probably never need to know>>>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_J._Armes

Archived