SASS Wire Forum

Gift Ideas

Clay Thornton

I am one of those people that was raised that if you want something, work hard make some money and just buy the darn thing. I have done that most my life if i want something I prioritize it against my needs and then just go get it myself. But my family, God bless them, always insist on getting me something for my birthday.  Not just my mother, but my in-laws, and my brother for goodness sake. 

So here is my question, what is something that I need that I don't know about?  Please keep it to under $40ish. It could be any recommendations, cowboy stuff, a great book, some dohicky that you cannot live without. Let's get a list going. If you have a link to an item that is great!

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Charlie Plasters, SASS#60943 said:

Is that a Vegamatic?

Oxo Large Hand-held Mandolin.  1mm to 4mm slices in 1/2mm increments. I've had mine for 5 years and use it almost every day.

I had this problem as a kid. Whenever Daddy wanted something, or needed it, he just went out and bought it. That made Christmas and birthday and Father's Day difficult.

Fortunately, he took up golf. Golfers ALWAYS need golf balls. They are a consumable. Your shoes last, your clubs last, your bag lasts. But you either wear out or lose your balls. If I could think of nothing else, I could always get him a dozen TopFlites.

You shoot, right? If so, then like a golfer, you have a consumable that you always need. Ammunition.

If they can't think of anything else to get you, buy you some ammo. If you don't shoot store-bought, buy you some bullets. If you cast your own bullets, buy you some primers.

People make this so difficult.

Lol...that crying towel is definitely a must have for John Wesley Hardin..,

Loading strips unless you already have 7.  If you're shooting 6 stages, load 7 so if you have a reshoot, you already have an extra one.  I find having all the loading strips loaded before the match works great for a couple of reasons: 1. You have time to check each bullet for high primers, primers in backwards, split cases, etc. 2. It really saves time when you go back to your cart to empty brass and just pick-up shotgun shells especially when you have a small posse and/or it is HOT (so you can get back in the shade or where the fans are running.

Nice pouch for your used brass and shotgun shells at the unloading table.  Also can use cheap bandanas found at Hobby Lobby and Michaels if nice pouch is too expensive.  Lots of people use Crown Royal bags, but I have a nice suede pouch with an ammo blank on the end so I can stick it in one of my ammo loops on my gunbelt. Will save you time also.

Archived