Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yul Lose

Jeopardy Champion

Recommended Posts

The first square chosen tonight was a Daily Double. He bet the max and got it. She got both daily doubles in round two. I don’t think he lost intentionally. I do think the show rigged it. Only one wrong answer tonight, that’s combined. The questions were easy and she rang in quicker than him; this leads me to believe Jeopardy screwed with his button. I also find it quite suspicious that he only got one daily double.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

The first square chosen tonight was a Daily Double. He bet the max and got it. She got both daily doubles in round two. I don’t think he lost intentionally. I do think the show rigged it. Only one wrong answer tonight, that’s combined. The questions were easy and she rang in quicker than him; this leads me to believe Jeopardy screwed with his button. I also find it quite suspicious that he only got one daily double.

Did she fish for the Daily Doubles the same way James did? I truly believe that James changed the way the game will be played in the future, we’ll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yul Lose said:

Did she fish for the Daily Doubles the same way James did? I truly believe that James changed the way the game will be played in the future, we’ll see.

Yes, but I'm convinced Jeopardy moves them at their own will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skill trumps luck. 

 

Usually...  :rolleyes:

 

However!  

 

"Alle Geschicklichkeit ist vergebens, wenn ein Engel in das Berührungsloch Ihrer Muskete pinkelt!"

(All skill is in vain when an angel pees in the touch hole of your musket...)  :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand all the conspiracy theories. He got a lot of daily doubles because he controlled the board 75%of the time. He said he wasn't a fan of guessing so although he answered a lot he wasn't just pressing that button everytime as fast as he could. The other players have buttons to press to. The winner was very smart and seemed confidant. And of course his strategy of going for the high dollar questions first doesn't work for people who can't answer as many as he could. It was just his time to lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think she legit beat him to the first daily double, however she did appear to be mashing the button on occasion.  They did load the day against him however.  We'll have to see how long she runs.  I honestly don't think he tanked.  If I remember the numbers correctly, he took a low bet, meaning he bet just enough to cover double the guy in Third and hoped that Emma missed the question, which was the only way he was going to win final.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Ah, you are a closet watcher!!!!!!

Not a closet watcher, I’ve been watching for a loooong time. I just found it boring with James killing it every night, plus the Indians are on most nights at 7:10 so I watch on the commercials. I don’t have a box to record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His Final Jeopardy bet reflected the fact that he knew he couldn't catch her unless she missed the clue.  Someone good caught him on a day when he wasn't at his best and had a great day herself!!

 

He has changed the way the game will be played from now on!  He'll be on all-star shows from now on and he WAS offered that job with the Chicago Cubs too!!!  

 

Congrats on a GREAT run!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I missed it. Sounds like Emma is a pretty good player, hope we can watch her for awhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GIven the game show scandals of the 50s I doubt any network would be stupid enough  to engage in hanky panky again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not saying there was hanky panky.  I just think that the producers made sure there were 2 really good candidates on the show against him, and one appeared to have near the same button control as James.  She definitely worked the board the same way he does, but we'll see if she does that again tonight.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Red Eye Jim said:

I'm not saying there was hanky panky.  I just think that the producers made sure there were 2 really good candidates on the show against him, and one appeared to have near the same button control as James.  She definitely worked the board the same way he does, but we'll see if she does that again tonight.

 

 

I think the middle guy was also messing it up for James, he was quick and answered quite a few questions that normally would have gone to James. Emma was awesome. I wish her luck but at the same time I hope for close games like last night! That's what makes the game so interesting to me!^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been watching the show for some time.  James made it interesting and informative for me. The young lady that

beat him was very smart also.  She has apparently seen Jeopardy before, and has a good idea of how the game is played.

It will be interesting to see how the show goes from here and the mark that James left on it.  I suppose the down side  of it

is now, is  that everybody will expect James to pick up the tab for lunch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Been watching the show for some time.  James made it interesting and informative for me. The young lady that

beat him was very smart also.  She has apparently seen Jeopardy before, and has a good idea of how the game is played.

It will be interesting to see how the show goes from here and the mark that James left on it.  I suppose the down side  of it

is now, is  that everybody will expect James to pick up the tab for lunch. 

Considering the auditioning process, that is a certainty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emma may do alright, she’s right up there with James and plays it the same way. You still gonna watch, Rye?

 

Emma looks a lot like the little gal in the first True Grit with John Wayne, Kim Darby I think was her name.

 

The guy in the middle looks like Billy Bob Thornton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Emma may do alright, she’s right up there with James and plays it the same way. You still gonna watch, Rye?

 

Emma looks a lot like the little gal in the first True Grit with John Wayne, Kim Darby I think was her name.

 

The guy in the middle looks like Billy Bob Thornton.

Yes, when the Indians game goes to commercials! Tribe is #1 on my tv watching!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emma!!:wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Emma!!:wub:

 

Way to give it away for others :P

 

She is kinda cute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

 

Way to give it away for others :P

 

She is kinda cute.

Whoops, sorry about that!! Okay I'll shut it up from now on!!:blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

 

Way to give it away for others :P

 

She is kinda cute.

She’s a lot cuter than that big gal on the other end last night, just sayin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

She’s a lot cuter than that big gal on the other end last night, just sayin.

I missed it last night, loading BP shotshells and forgot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I missed it last night, loading BP shotshells and forgot.

Better watch tonight, I don’t think she’s gonna last long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Better watch tonight, I don’t think she’s gonna last long.

I saw tonight's episode. It comes on at 5pm Central time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Better watch tonight, I don’t think she’s gonna last long.

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Why?

She doesn’t seem to have the broad based knowledge that James did. I’ve just got my doubts about her longevity as champion, we’ll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

She doesn’t seem to have the broad based knowledge that James did. I’ve just got my doubts about her longevity as champion, we’ll see.

She’s not playing against James though! 

Go Emma!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

She’s not playing against James though! 

Go Emma!

She doesn’t have to play against James to lose. She showed last night that she was pretty weak in some categories that the other two contestants did well on. Had the other woman challenger been a bit better on a couple of categories Emma would have been in trouble. Time will tell, I like watching her play also but I doubt she’ll come close to James’s run. I do like the way she plays the game though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

She doesn’t have to play against James to lose. She showed last night that she was pretty weak in some categories that the other two contestants did well on. Had the other woman challenger been a bit better on a couple of categories Emma would have been in trouble. Time will tell, I like watching her play also but I doubt she’ll come close to James’s run. I do like the way she plays the game though.

Tonight was interesting and that's all I'm gonna say!:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Jeopardy tonight, hockey instead, ugh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Tonight was interesting and that's all I'm gonna say!:o

 

I missed it driving home from W0#/

 

Did she win?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

 

I missed it driving home from W0#/

 

Did she win?

Nope, lost on the Final jepoardy question, she answered A.Guthrie instead of Woody Guthrie. (Arlo was Woody's dad) 

 

Buh bye Emma!!:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rye,

Wasn't Woody Arlo's dad?

(The movie Alice's Restaurant is one of my favorites)

Choctaw Jack 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Choctaw Jack said:

Rye,

Wasn't Woody Arlo's dad?

(The movie Alice's Restaurant is one of my favorites)

Choctaw Jack 

Yep,  The answer was Woody Guthrie but Emma said Arlo, Woody's son, close but no cigar!:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.