SASS Wire Forum

I won this Gunbroker auction...

Three Foot Johnson

... selected the free shipping option on the checkout page, and sent a check off to him. He's ticked off because I didn't include shipping... ?

Brass.jpg

Looks like free 2 day shipping to me... 

I won two auctions over two weeks ago, paid both of them expecting them to arrive last week while I was in the Poconos, nether has even shipped yet...

What is it with these sellers lately? When I sell, I ship the day after payment, sometimes even before I get the payment! These guys want payment the same or next day but wait weeks to ship... 

Howdy,

Did you check their rateings or reviews?

Gotta remember these are not or probably not, SASS pards.

I have had great luck but a friend had super hassles from a Gunbroker deal.

Not making excuses but right around holidays schedules get messed up.

Long lines to ship are sure no fun.  

Would you rather wait at ups or the dentist office...???

Hmmmm….

Best

CR

I would not even want it shipped till after Christmas. I mailed Christmas cards two weeks ago from my small town in Louisiana.  One made it to Dallas pretty fast some local ones have never made it yet

Howdy,

I prefer to have guns shipped on Monday.

One thing about the holidays, its probably a bit harder

for the bad guys to pick out a gun from all the other stuff.

Best

CR

Sound like the guy didn’t know what he was doing. Maybe his first sale.

I would guess GB messed up or the seller forgot to format it correctly. I have had that issue with eBay. eBay tries to force certain settings on sellers and if they don't get corrected, they can end up costing the seller money they weren't expecting.

I bought some brass on GB and it took almost three months to receive it from the guy.  Seems he was having all kinds of trouble with the Post Office (his story, anyway).  Always an excuse until I finally started pushing real hard and demanding my money back and threatening to report him.  Miraculously, all the problems went away, and I got my brass--and a lot more nickel than expected! 

On 12/26/2018 at 2:37 PM, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

Nothing yet... :D

When/if it gets here, it should be a number of identical three piece items made from an alloy of copper and zinc. ;)

Oh, so some 45 Schofield brass?

:D

On 12/27/2018 at 6:59 PM, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Oh, so some 45 Schofield brass?

:D

Not just brass, apparently...

... the knucklehead just sent me a USPS tracking number, AND informed me there are "... live rounds in the bag, sold for the components only."

I don't know if it's a misdemeanor or felony or what, but last I knew it's illegal to mail live ammo and he made me an unwilling accessory by telling me he tossed in some live ammo. I don't know if I should have it intercepted, refuse to sign for it, or just take my chances. :mellow:

I have an Original 1870's Remington Rolling Block Rifle in 40-50 Sharps Bottle-neck, and I bought an Ammo can filled with 10 Loaded Boxes of Ammo from the SASS Classifieds. If it's marked ORM-D and shipped by UPS Ground, it comes to my Door.  It is Illegal to mail live ammo by the Post Office, but I know people do it anyway. I worked for the Post Office from 1972-1999. Just Sayin'

Big Jake 1001

My son-in-law is the postmaster for a couple little one-horse towns up on the highline, so I asked him what to do. He said it happens all the time, and packages usually don't get intercepted unless they have a big "scent signature" that gets picked up by an "electronic nose", BUT, since the guy told me he tossed live ammo in the box with the brass, he made me an "unwilling accomplice" and we'll BOTH be investigated if gets flagged and they find out I knew there was live ammo in the box and accepted delivery anyway.

I had to ask him how the USPS knows so many illegal packages are going through. Really, how would you know? I mean, if you know, why aren't they being intercepted? He used some big phrase like, "Extrapolation of data from faux internal shipment audits in the distribution centers that test the effectiveness of equipment and handling procedures." I nodded knowingly and said, "Ohhhh". :lol:

1 hour ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

My son-in-law is the postmaster for a couple little one-horse towns up on the highline, so I asked him what to do. He said it happens all the time, and packages usually don't get intercepted unless they have a big "scent signature" that gets picked up by an "electronic nose", BUT, since the guy told me he tossed live ammo in the box with the brass, he made me an "unwilling accomplice" and we'll BOTH be investigated if gets flagged and they find out I knew there was live ammo in the box and accepted delivery anyway.

I had to ask him how the USPS knows so many illegal packages are going through. Really, how would you know? I mean, if you know, why aren't they being intercepted? He used some big phrase like, "Extrapolation of data from faux internal shipment audits in the distribution centers that test the effectiveness of equipment and handling procedures." I nodded knowingly and said, "Ohhhh". :lol:

And the fact you posted such on a public gun forum, will be used against you at your trial...:lol:

OLG

6 hours ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

Not just brass, apparently...

... the knucklehead just sent me a USPS tracking number, AND informed me there are "... live rounds in the bag, sold for the components only."

I don't know if it's a misdemeanor or felony or what, but last I knew it's illegal to mail live ammo and he made me an unwilling accessory by telling me he tossed in some live ammo. I don't know if I should have it intercepted, refuse to sign for it, or just take my chances. :mellow:

How can a buyer be held legally responsible for a Seller's improbly labeled package?

Maybe James Comey will get involved and find there was a lack of maliscious intent.

or maybe a group of us will get together next Christmas, and come visit you at the federal pen. Keep us posted as to your whereabouts.....

8 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

And the fact you posted such on a public gun forum, will be used against you at your trial...:lol:

OLG

He sent me a link last night to report the tracking number and have the package intercepted. If the seller refunds my $$$, great, if not, I'm only out $22.85.

Possible trial, jail, probation, lawyer... over $22.85... I'll take the loss. ;)

https://retail-pi.usps.com/retailpi/actions/index.action?fbclid=IwAR0EzhiAhJT12XqxlC6kCzh0YWyvQmkkxJ1nhqvy3zrZr0wVpRgZp5FdyEo

Archived