SASS Wire Forum

? on younger age categories

Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L

Yep and many will kick our collective butts.  They can also shoot any equipment based category such as Gunfighter, Frontiersman, Duelist, etc.

51 minutes ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

According to SASS handbook

<13: buckareet/buckaroo

14-16 Junior

cowboy/girl:  any age

and it goes up from there

So I guess the 17-18 age shooters are cowboy/girls??

cheyenne 

etc.

1 hour ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

According to SASS handbook

<13: buckareet/buckaroo

14-16 Junior

cowboy/girl:  any age

and it goes up from there

So I guess the 17-18 age shooters are cowboy/girls??

cheyenne 

They are covered under:

Open categories:
- Cowboy — any age.
- Cowgirl — any age.

48 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Yep and many will kick our collective butts.  They can also shoot any equipment based category such as Gunfighter, Frontiersman, Duelist, etc.

etc.

Yeah, tell me about it. :(

The kids can finish the year they turn 17 as a young gun, I was told. Kaya moved up before she was 17 so she could shoot duelist against a friend. Their choice.

My problem, as I see it, I will be 70 in a couple of days, but the folks that are beating me as a Silver Senior will also be Elder Statesmen in the spring.  And, these folks are some of the most successful shooters at our matches.

20 hours ago, Lone Rider, SASS# 73063 said:

My problem, as I see it, I will be 70 in a couple of days, but the folks that are beating me as a Silver Senior will also be Elder Statesmen in the spring.  And, these folks are some of the most successful shooters at our matches.

yep, my problem too--glad I'm in this for the fun and not the keys to the cadillac 

If I should happen to win anything of monetary value, I am afraid that would just throw me into a higher income tax bracket.

As they say, I am just here to make a lot of noise and smoke as I have fun.

It's good to be a Grand Patron (80+). If I make it to 90, winning should not be a problem!!!   :-)  I have been doing well in local matches in Idaho, Montana and Washington in the USA and Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba and Saskatchawan in Canada. :-)

My grandchildren and their Dad's are SASS members. My 2 year old grandson is not shooting yet but my 5 year old granddaughter is good with her "Chipmunk" single shot loaded with CB caps. 

Archived