SASS Wire Forum

Calling all Pistoleros!

Dorado

1 hour ago, McCandless said:

If you consider this silhouette as if it's a shooter on the line and you are behind them as a spotter, this could easily be a man or a woman.

For all we know, this slim shooter could be Miss Alli and could even be shooting in a skirt.  By the time the image becomes part of a badge it will be much, much, smaller and even harder to distinguish as either sex.

pistolero 1.jpg

agree

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Dorado said:

People! People! People!

As the other thread (Duelists unite!!!) is getting to be a bit long winded I thought we should start a new one to recap what's going on and what not.

What's happening:

1. Rye wanted to make a club like what the gunfighters have in the JEDI. We are working towards that end. After some discussion we had some voting on a couple of topics and we'll continue them below.
  2. We have decided that anyone that shoots in a duelist category can join on the premise that they continue to do so. Eventually I'd like to get some belt buckles for Pistoleros that stand out either in competition or in the cowboy way.
  3. First poll was to decide what we'd call ourselves. We had several options but one won out. That is Pistoleros. It even comes with it's own theme song sung by none other than Roy Orbison.
  4. Last poll was to decide what we'd do about a lapel pin to identify and advertise the club. Votes came in and the silhouette won. 6d1b216cfd954ff4cb0db8af54639c3b--cameo-

Below I'd like to continue the discussion and see about getting a creed written. Something simple would suffice.

Need a recount, poll was fixed, badges won over silhouette 

2 minutes ago, KH24 said:

How exactly was the poll "fixed"? Please explain.

4 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

How exactly was the poll "fixed"? Please explain.

By the russians? 

I think he meant it was biased in how it was put together (unintentionally, I'm sure).  With 2 badge options, people who wanted a badge split their vote. 

Put the silhouette on our membership T shirts!

:D

2 hours ago, Dorado said:

Go check your first draft. It says "We will not shoot one handed". I didn't catch that the first couple of times as I was thinking about the first part of it all.

Ladies are always welcome and encouraged to join. Maybe we could have a pink hat version of the pin for them.

You're right I did say one handed...DUH!!!  I fixed it, thanks!!:blush:

2 hours ago, McCandless said:

If you consider this silhouette as if it's a shooter on the line and you are behind them as a spotter, this could easily be a man or a woman.

For all we know, this slim shooter could be Miss Alli and could even be shooting in a skirt.  By the time the image becomes part of a badge it will be much, much, smaller and even harder to distinguish as either sex.

pistolero 1.jpg

Okay that's what I thought but just trying to get responses because someone brought it up to me via email!

I am a Jedi Gunfighter, but I must say, I have really enjoyed seeing this take shape for you Duelists aka Pistoleros.

Kudos to you all for getting this going. Especially Rye.. I have know Rye for 14 years, have a lot of respect for him. (Just don't tell him I said that :ph34r:)

When you guys are ready, put me down for two pins for My Dad, Moosetracks and one of my best friends, Raging Thunder who are Duelist only shooters.

25 minutes ago, KH24 said:

We really need to move onto other things. By the way, votes were tallied by a third-party host, the silhouette won out. On the first poll I chose the top three options and we had a run off on those. I really have no interest in doing a third, when there are other things we need to move onto.

16 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

By the russians? 

I think he meant it was biased in how it was put together (unintentionally, I'm sure).  With 2 badge options, people who wanted a badge split their vote. 

I know where he's coming from but we had the run-off, we have a winner, lets move on. Can't make everyone happy and we can always revisit this topic at a later date.

1 minute ago, Dorado said:

We really need to move onto other things. By the way, votes were tallied by a third-party host, the silhouette won out. On the first poll I chose the top three options and we had a run off on those. I really have no interest in doing a third, when there are other things we need to move onto.

I know where he's coming from but we had the run-off, we have a winner, lets move on. Can't make everyone happy and we can always revisit this topic at a later date.

Agree 100%

This document welcomes _________ as a member in good standing within the Pistoleros. As a Pistolero you are required to have shot duelist for at least one year and promise to promote the art of one handed shooting to all shooters new and seasoned. I promise as a Pistolero to shoot only as a Duelist, which include, Duelist, Double Duelist, Senior Duelist, Frontiersman, Frontier Cartridge Duelist, Classic Cowboy and any other duelist categories that are accepted by SASS. As a Pistolero I am a representative of the Pistoleros and will act in honor and in line with the Cowboy Way. We will not be pawed at and we will not shoot two handed!

1. I have shot only as a duelist for at least one year
  2. I will continue to shoot only as a duelist
  3. I will do my duties as a Pistolero within my posse
  4. I will strive for excellence
  5. I will assist other and future duelists

Does anybody else have any other thoughts on this or anything that they'd like to add or change?

I think that we have a good start on a creed and welcoming message. However two heads are better than one and such so the more ideas we have the better we are.

2 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

You're gonna make poor Rye and Dorado have strokes. :lol:

I just got drool on my mouse!!!:P

5 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

0760073de2ca571142232219b0fa8f43--raquel-welch-cowgirl.jpg

This could easily be made into a silhouette by a pin maker.

She deserves her own poster.

2 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

You're gonna make poor Rye and Dorado have strokes. :lol:

I young, there's no worry there. May go blind from staring too hard though...

3 minutes ago, Dorado said:

This document welcomes _________ as a member in good standing within the Pistoleros. As a Pistolero you are required to have shot duelist for at least one year and promise to promote the art of one handed shooting to all shooters new and seasoned. I promise as a Pistolero to shoot only as a Duelist, which include, Duelist, Double Duelist, Senior Duelist, Frontiersman, Frontier Cartridge Duelist, Classic Cowboy and any other duelist categories that are accepted by SASS. As a Pistolero I am a representative of the Pistoleros and will act in honor and in line with the Cowboy Way. We will not be pawed at and we will not shoot two handed!

Does anybody else have any other thoughts on this or anything that they'd like to add or change?

I think that we have a good start on a creed and welcoming message. However two heads are better than one and such so the more ideas we have the better we are.

#1 and #2 and #5 are already covered in the original "rough" draft. #3 and #4 could be added. IMHO

Just now, Rye Miles #13621 said:

#1 and #2 and #5 are already covered in the original "rough" draft. #3 and #4 could be added. IMHO

That's why I listed them there.

3 hours ago, Dorado said:

This document welcomes _________ as a member in good standing in the Pistoleros. As a Pistolero you are required to have shot duelist for at least one year and promise to promote the art of one handed shooting to all shooters new and seasoned. I promise as a Pistolero to shoot only as a Duelist, which include, Duelist, Double Duelist, Senior Duelist, Frontiersman, Frontier Cartridge Duelist, Classic Cowboy and any other duelist categories that are accepted by SASS. As a Pistolero I am a representative of the Pistoleros and will act in honor and in line with the Cowboy Way. We will not be pawed at and we will not shoot two handed!

I am a Pistolero.

I shoot Duelist in any form,

I will always do so as a Pistolero.

I will do my duties, I will not shirk them.

I will strive to be the best I can be.

I will be an ambassador for CAS and all Pistoleros

I will always be there for other Pistoleros

I will conduct myself with honor and dignity

I am a Pistolero

This document welcomes _________ as a member in good standing in the Pistoleros. As a Pistolero you are required to have shot duelist for at least one year and promise to promote the art of one handed shooting to all shooters new and seasoned. I promise as a Pistolero to shoot only as a Duelist, which include, Duelist, Double Duelist, Senior Duelist, Frontiersman, Frontier Cartridge Duelist, Classic Cowboy and any other duelist categories that are accepted by SASS. I will do my duties as a Pistolero within my Posse.  I will strive for excellence. As a Pistolero I am a representative of the Pistoleros and will act in honor and in line with the Cowboy Way. We will not be pawed at and we will not shoot two handed! I Am A Pistolero!

I added #s 3&4 from the list and added a bit more. We need to keep this short and sweet if at all possible. Not looking to send a pamphlet, just a card or something to go along with the pins.

1 hour ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Love that last one!!

+1

6 minutes ago, Calico Mary said:

dignity?  from Tater Salad????   BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This coming from the neighborhood cat lady????

6 minutes ago, Dorado said:

This document welcomes _________ as a member in good standing in the Pistoleros. As a Pistolero you are required to have shot duelist for at least one year and promise to promote the art of one handed shooting to all shooters new and seasoned. I promise as a Pistolero to shoot only as a Duelist, which include, Duelist, Double Duelist, Senior Duelist, Frontiersman, Frontier Cartridge Duelist, Classic Cowboy and any other duelist categories that are accepted by SASS. I will do my duties as a Pistolero within my Posse.  I will strive for excellence. As a Pistolero I am a representative of the Pistoleros and will act in honor and in line with the Cowboy Way. We will not be pawed at and we will not shoot two handed! I Am A Pistolero!

I added #s 3&4 from the list and added a bit more. We need to keep this short and sweet if at all possible. Not looking to send a pamphlet, just a card or something to go along with the pins.

That's a go!!!;) I was thinking a simple document like the size of what SASS sends to members. We can make it suitable for framing!

6 minutes ago, Calico Mary said:

no cat anymore......:(:(:(

Once a cat lady, always a cat lady. Sorry about the cat though. I "tried" to swerve "away" from it.

3 minutes ago, Calico Mary said:

well, Tater Salad is short....who ya gonna git for sweet...Iron Maiden maybe?

0760073de2ca571142232219b0fa8f43--raquel-welch-cowgirl.jpg

12 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

That's a go!!!;) I was thinking a simple document like the size of what SASS sends to members. We can make it suitable for framing!

I like it. A single paragraph would be easy to print onto a card as well as have enough room for the pin and anything else we feel like attaching. If you're good with that then we can settle that topic and move onto the next. Unless anyone else has anything to add or change.

Also, on the pins. I emailed the company and requested a quote as well as a design based off of 6d1b216cfd954ff4cb0db8af54639c3b--cameo-

I'm waiting on a reply.

4 hours ago, Dorado said:

This document welcomes _________ as a member in good standing in the Pistoleros. As a Pistolero you are required to have shot duelist for at least one year and promise to promote the art of one handed shooting to all shooters new and seasoned. I promise as a Pistolero to shoot only as a Duelist, which include, Duelist, Double Duelist, Senior Duelist, Frontiersman, Frontier Cartridge Duelist, Classic Cowboy and any other duelist categories that are accepted by SASS. As a Pistolero I am a representative of the Pistoleros and will act in honor and in line with the Cowboy Way. We will not be pawed at and we will not shoot two handed!

I have only shot Duelist this year (previous years were FCGF), so I guess I have to wait until next spring to apply?

6 minutes ago, JohnHenryQuick said:

so I guess I have to wait until next spring to apply?

Me too. I had to shoot 2 handed in November and March (we don't shoot Dec, Jan, Feb) I hurt my wrist. Or I should say, my wrist was sore from all the prior "hurts". :)

But that's okay. I could pin mine on the first match in April.

8 minutes ago, JohnHenryQuick said:

I have only shot Duelist this year (previous years were FCGF), so I guess I have to wait until next spring to apply?

You still have time to prove yourself as a duelist. We can forgive past transgressions. Nothing's set in stone yet.

2 minutes ago, Dorado said:

You still have time to prove yourself as a duelist. We can forgive past transgressions. Nothing's set in stone yet.

As I hang my head, I think, "All those wasted years..."  :D

53 minutes ago, Dorado said:

Exactly, this may take some time yet!

50 minutes ago, JohnHenryQuick said:

As I hang my head, I think, "All those wasted years..."  :D

That' funny right there!!!:lol:

6 hours ago, Charlie T Waite said:

Rye,  Could we change this to - "I promise as a Pistolero to shoot in perdominently Duelist catgeories".... as I can see times when someone might be bumped from one of these because of not enough registared competitors and moved to another catagory, I have had it happen to me and was moved to an age based catagory.  With the current wording, if I would shoot in that age-based category because I was bumped then I would not be following our guidelines.

Just a thought

I've shot Duelist mostly for several years but there are times due to cold weather or arthritis that I may shoot a match 2-handed (been over a year), if I have to promise to never shoot 2-handed I guess I'm out but I like to think I'm a decent duelist shooter. I just don't want to make promises I might not be able to keep.

Thanks

Randy

Archived