Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Calling all Pistoleros!


Dorado

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Charlie T Waite said:

PP was only an example cause I hear it all the time, all I was trying to say is that when someone orders, they can pay in the manner you decide when they tell you to help ease the burden on you.  I would be willing to do it, would send some now if I had the info

I understand that you were only suggesting but I really don't think it's necessary. There could be a couple of us who are willing to accept payments and ship out the pins. Like Dorado said this is kinda far away for right now. I meant no offense to you sir!;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

I used to be a Duelist (fair to middlin') and I am now a Jedi Gunfighter.

I think the first thing you need to decide as a group, is WHAT you are trying to create.

Are the Pistoleros simply a group of Duelists proclaiming theirselves to the world or is there an exclusivity to the group?

 

Jedi Gunfighters are not Jedis simply by virtue of being Gunfighters - they have to be nominated, meet certain critieria beyond simply shooting Gunfighter, (winning matches, clean matches, be ambassadors and active in club activities, etc.).

I don't want to come across as smug or superior, certainly not my intent, but I like that JEDI Gunfighter means something - has weight and gravitas and is not just a "club" that anyone can join.  That being a JEDI is something to strive for.

Bud may not even remember doing this, but I was nominated by Badlands Bud for JEDI Gunfighter after a Bordertown Match.

I took and still take great pride that I was recognized by a shooter that I respect for the title of JEDI.

 

That meant a lot more to me than simply joining a group, if I shot gunfighter, I could buy a cool buckle.

We're wanting Pistoleros as a club to be fairly easy to join. Later I'd like to have a higher order for Pistoleros that really stand out like the JEDIs. For them instead of a pin I'm thinking of a badge or belt buckle. They'd have to be nominated and pass a screening or meet a set of requirements. That way we can be an organization that can include and help new members as well as being something exclusive that people have to work towards and earn. They'd have to earn the buckle either in shooting prowess or by being an outstanding Pard.

Does that make sense?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dorado said:

We're wanting Pistoleros as a club to be fairly easy to join. Later I'd like to have a higher order for Pistoleros that really stand out like the JEDIs. For them instead of a pin I'm thinking of a badge or belt buckle. They'd have to be nominated and pass a screening or meet a set of requirements. That way we can be an organization that can include and help new members as well as being something exclusive that people have to work towards and earn. They'd have to earn the buckle either in shooting prowess or by being an outstanding Pard.

Does that make sense?

Yea, down the road apiece!!;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I understand that you were only suggesting but I really don't think it's necessary. There could be a couple of us who are willing to accept payments and ship out the pins. Like Dorado said this is kinda far away for right now. I meant no offense to you sir!;)

None taken

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting on a reply from the manufacturer. I'm planning on getting a few different quotes. gs-jj.com was simply the cheapest that I saw that had done work for other CAS clubs before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dorado said:

We're wanting Pistoleros as a club to be fairly easy to join. Later I'd like to have a higher order for Pistoleros that really stand out like the JEDIs. For them instead of a pin I'm thinking of a badge or belt buckle. They'd have to be nominated and pass a screening or meet a set of requirements. That way we can be an organization that can include and help new members as well as being something exclusive that people have to work towards and earn. They'd have to earn the buckle either in shooting prowess or by being an outstanding Pard.

Does that make sense?

 

 

Yes. An elite Honor Guard among the Pistoleros with their own Code Duelo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Gunbutcher said:

 

 

Yes. An elite Honor Guard among the Pistoleros with their own Code Duelo. 

That's what I was thinking. Have some achievable but difficult requirements, not just shooting but as a person. Could be in non-SASS life, within the SASS community, or other such things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2017 at 5:36 AM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Another couple of'em-^_^

Pistoleros-Making the west safe for gunfighters

 

Pistoleros-The way it should be done

 

Pistoleros-One hand out, at a time

 

OLG

 

 

Lumpy,

 

#3. That one sounds dirty somehow

 

Pistoleros - sinister or dexter, never the twain shall meet

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Coconino Pistolero, SASS # 72432 said:

 

 

Lumpy,

 

#3. That one sounds dirty somehow

 

Pistoleros - sinister or dexter, never the twain shall meet

Only, IF you are shooting black powder. :D

OLG

Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll have to call our black powder shooter the Black hats! lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

The black lungs?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dorado said:

The black lungs?

The DarkSiders

Link to post
Share on other sites

How about the Gun Cleaners???:P 

 

(since it seems like that's all you do when you shoot BP, trust me I know I shot it for 8 years!!, that and soaking the brass etc. Wow I don't miss that stuff at all!!!):lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning

 

I'm new to the SASS wire and was just informed about the Pistoleros Group.  Sounds Great to me.  I have been shooting Duelist for over 5 years.  Won many State Shoots, placed in Regionals and placed last year at Winter Range.  How do I sign up?

 

Marshal Kane

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marshal Kane said:

Good Morning

 

I'm new to the SASS wire and was just informed about the Pistoleros Group.  Sounds Great to me.  I have been shooting Duelist for over 5 years.  Won many State Shoots, placed in Regionals and placed last year at Winter Range.  How do I sign up?

 

Marshal Kane

We have nothing written in stone yet. We're still in the process of getting this thing launched. Keep checking on this here wire and we'll let ya know!! 

Thanks, Rye

Link to post
Share on other sites

Roll Call!  Pistoleros 

AS the membership of the Pistoleros develops, post your photo on this page as a comment, or e-mail it to jnmcc@nc.rr.com 

I'll take care of the rest.  Just be sure to include your alias and the word, "Pistolero"!

 

It's part of the Cowboy Action Shooting Gallery group site.

 

McC

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Don't 'do' FB....:(

 

OLG

Just e-mail and I'll do the rest.  I'm using FB because I'm taking up a lot of bandwidth, they don't care how big it gets and it's free!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the image! It's perfect for male or female. I have no problem with it."DUELISTS UNITED".

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, McCandless said:

Just e-mail and I'll do the rest.  I'm using FB because I'm taking up a lot of bandwidth, they don't care how big it gets and it's free!

 

 

I'll have to get a picture from the post office then....:lol:

OLG

Link to post
Share on other sites

image.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am getting the word out to my club's membership -- hope I don't get lynched...

 

http://www.escondidobandidos.org/misc/pistoleros/

 

Rustler -

 

Also: I would like to nominate "Mongo" for Sargent-at-arms...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Don't 'do' FB....:(

 

OLG

+1

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

+1

 

Billy, it's too late for you, you're all over FB.

 

19247802_10210147476867800_3665962103623

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McCandless said:

 

Billy, it's too late for you, you're all over FB.

 

19247802_10210147476867800_3665962103623

 

Gee, that looks like pic from U S Open many years ago. So much for not doing FB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

I'll have to get a picture from the post office then....:lol:

OLG

 

Just for grins I looked up The Original Lumpy Gritz on FB, and I kid you not, this is what I got:

 

 

The Original Lumpy Gritz.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll see about getting you a picture McC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

People! People! People!

Gather 'round now and listen up!

Bright and early this morning I got an e-mail from GS-JJ.com about the lapel pins. They can do it no problem. I even got a rough "proof" of what they'd look like. I'll post it below.

596cbe6985b70_POLapelPinsForStuart0714.thumb.jpg.ece98462b118dd907292936bc2585e01.jpg

 

Pin Style: Custom Soft Enamel+Cutout Pins
Pin Size:1"pin                                  
Metal Finish: Gold
Attachment: One Military Clutch        
Packaging: individually polybag       
Qty:150-200pcs                                          
Total Charge:US$203.2/US$227.2
Production Time: 15 working days production+2days shipping after the proof approved.

So, What do y'all think?

Black shows better with the border however we can choose just about any color without changing cost. The pistol I had done in gold to show better against the silhouette. That can be changed just as easily as the rest.

Right now if we order 150 we'd be looking at about $1.35 each plus whatever shipping is, and if we order 200 it'd be $1.14+shipping per each.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.