Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dorado

Calling all Pistoleros!

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I've shot Duelist mostly for several years but there are times due to cold weather or arthritis that I may shoot a match 2-handed (been over a year), if I have to promise to never shoot 2-handed I guess I'm out but I like to think I'm a decent duelist shooter. I just don't want to make promises I might not be able to keep.

 

Thanks

Randy

Nope! Gonna have enforcers out watching every single person every time to make sure you're only shooting single handed.    :Plol

Gotta do what ya gotta do. No one's going to fault you if you're unable to shoot duelist every single time. This is more for those that can and want to cheat on us. No one's gonna beat you with a stick if you're having trouble with arthritis.

 

 

We'll be watching.:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This document is to welcome you as a member in good standing in the Pistoleros. As a Pistolero you are required to have shot duelist for at least one year and promise to promote the art of one handed shooting to all shooters new and seasoned. I promise as a Pistolero to shoot only as a Duelist, which includes, Duelist, Double Duelist, Senior Duelist, Frontiersman, Frontier Cartridge Duelist, Classic Cowboy and any other duelist categories that are accepted by SASS. I will do my duties as a Pistolero within my Posse.  I will strive for excellence. As a Pistolero I am a representative of the Pistoleros and will act in honor and in line with the Cowboy Way. We will not be pawed at and we will not shoot two handed! We are Pistoleros!

 

I changed a few things to make it easier to both print and reworded a couple things that were eating at me. What do y'all think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I've shot Duelist mostly for several years but there are times due to cold weather or arthritis that I may shoot a match 2-handed (been over a year), if I have to promise to never shoot 2-handed I guess I'm out but I like to think I'm a decent duelist shooter. I just don't want to make promises I might not be able to keep.

 

Thanks

Randy

Agree with  your thinking Randy, .I believe there is more appropriate word than "promise", perhaps "honor"....and you have certainly been an outstanding duelist, honoring our style of shooting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dorado said:

This document is to welcome you as a member in good standing in the Pistoleros. As a Pistolero you are required to have shot duelist for at least one year and promise to promote the art of one handed shooting to all shooters new and seasoned. I promise as a Pistolero to shoot only as a Duelist, which includes, Duelist, Double Duelist, Senior Duelist, Frontiersman, Frontier Cartridge Duelist, Classic Cowboy and any other duelist categories that are accepted by SASS. I will do my duties as a Pistolero within my Posse.  I will strive for excellence. As a Pistolero I am a representative of the Pistoleros and will act in honor and in line with the Cowboy Way. We will not be pawed at and we will not shoot two handed! We are Pistoleros!

 

I changed a few things to make it easier to both print and reworded a couple things that were eating at me. What do y'all think?

Sounds good to me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like it where do i sign up ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RE Billy Boots & Randy Saint Eagle:

I brought that up earlier because I had been moved out of category at several matches.  and requested it to be "I promise as a Pistolero to shoot in perdominently Duelist catgeories", we could even add; "as long as it is within my power to do so"..  I looked at the Jedi Gunfighter site and found in their dedication that they say "BUT, a Jedi Gunfighter does not have to be a pure Gunfighter at every match"....  I know that Dorado said it was out of our control so it didn't count and he is a stand up pard, but, I don't think we want to have anyone misunderstand or feel we have excluded them by our wording.  Personally I am okay with it the way it is and maybe I'm overthinking it...

 

Charlie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

 

No pin maker am I.  But here's my attempt. 

 

 

raquel welch sillouette.jpg

Well this is not good for me. This silhouette will not work for me.  My hair was never that long, and my shoulders were never that slim. Just can't have it. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wording on the category names needs some modification to include female shooters, classic cowgirl and ladiy duelist etc. Agree the wording of "only shoot as a duelist" leaves no wiggle room for extenuating cercumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dorado said:

This document is to welcome you as a member in good standing in the Pistoleros. As a Pistolero you are required to uphold the Duelist spirit and promise to promote the art of one handed shooting to all shooters new and seasoned. I promise as a Pistolero to honor all Duelist categories that are accepted by SASS. I will do my duties as a Pistolero within my Posse.  I will strive for excellence. As a Pistolero I am a representative of the Pistoleros and will act in honor and in line with the Cowboy Way. We will not be pawed at and we will not shoot two handed! We are Pistoleros!

I'm going to throw something out for folks to chew on. We want this little club of ours to catch on and spread like wildfire. For that reason we might consider removing the one year requirement so we can include new shooters. We also may consider removing the requirement for ONLY shooting Duelist all the time because, as has been mentioned, stuff happens. For those reasons I present the above edited version of Dorado's excellent submission. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Well this is not good for me. This silhouette will not work for me.  My hair was never that long, and my shoulders were never that slim. Just can't have it. ;)

Interesting you didn't compare chest sizes :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

I'm going to throw something out for folks to chew on. We want this little club of ours to catch on and spread like wildfire. For that reason we might consider removing the one year requirement so we can include new shooters. We also may consider removing the requirement for ONLY shooting Duelist all the time because, as has been mentioned, stuff happens. For those reasons I present the above edited version of Dorado's excellent submission. 

There are lots of shooters shooting gunfighter. Not all are Jedi material.

 

Isn't it kinda hard to evaluate a shooters ability to live up to a higher standard without prolonged observation? There are exceptions but a 1 year period of observation is a nice round time and is a sufficient time period to ensure a shooter lives up to the code of a Pistolero.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

There are lots of shooters shooting gunfighter. Not all are Jedi material.

 

Isn't it kinda hard to evaluate a shooters ability to live up to a higher standard without prolonged observation? There are exceptions but a 1 year period of observation is a nice round time and is a sufficient time period to ensure a shooter lives up to the code of a Pistolero.

 

 

I agree with your concern but, who's doing the evaluating? Here in Las Vegas the number of Duelists is darn near zero. Do Pecos Nick and I critique each other? I guess I need to get more info on how the Jedi do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dorado said:

This document is to welcome you as a member in good standing in the Pistoleros. As a Pistolero you are required to have shot duelist for at least one year and promise to promote the art of one handed shooting to all shooters new and seasoned. I promise as a Pistolero to shoot only as a Duelist, which includes, Duelist, Double Duelist, Senior Duelist, Frontiersman, Frontier Cartridge Duelist, Classic Cowboy and any other duelist categories that are accepted by SASS. I will do my duties as a Pistolero within my Posse.  I will strive for excellence. As a Pistolero I am a representative of the Pistoleros and will act in honor and in line with the Cowboy Way. We will not be pawed at and we will not shoot two handed! We are Pistoleros!

 

I changed a few things to make it easier to both print and reworded a couple things that were eating at me. What do y'all think?

Does that year have to be the past year?:D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

I agree with your concern but, who's doing the evaluating? Here in Las Vegas the number of Duelists is darn near zero. Do Pecos Nick and I critique each other? I guess I need to get more info on how the Jedi do it. 

 

I wondered the same thing. Who will be the founding members on the Pistolero Posse and how will Pistoleros be nominated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I nominate Sedalia Dave to nominate a way to coordinate the nominations...:huh::D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another couple of'em-^_^

Pistoleros-Making the west safe for gunfighters

 

Pistoleros-The way it should be done

 

Pistoleros-One hand out, at a time

 

OLG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I nominate Sedalia Dave to nominate a way to coordinate the nominations...:huh::D

 

With a friend like Pat Riot..... :lol:  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Another couple of'em-^_^

Pistoleros-Making the west safe for gunfighters

 

Pistoleros-The way it should be done

 

Pistoleros-One hand out, at a time

 

OLG

I like #1 Lumpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This document is to welcome you as a member in good standing in the Pistoleros. As a Pistolero you are required to uphold the Duelist spirit and promise to promote the art of one handed shooting to all shooters new and seasoned. I promise as a Pistolero to honor all Duelist categories that are accepted by SASS. I will do my duties as a Pistolero within my Posse.  I will strive for excellence. As a Pistolero I am a representative of the Pistoleros and will act in honor and in line with the Cowboy Way. We will not be pawed at and we will not shoot two handed! We are Pistoleros!

11 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

I'm going to throw something out for folks to chew on. We want this little club of ours to catch on and spread like wildfire. For that reason we might consider removing the one year requirement so we can include new shooters. We also may consider removing the requirement for ONLY shooting Duelist all the time because, as has been mentioned, stuff happens. For those reasons I present the above edited version of Dorado's excellent submission. 

That's really not bad Bull.

Also, not my submission just my editing, Rye got us started with the rough draft.

 

10 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

There are lots of shooters shooting gunfighter. Not all are Jedi material.

 

Isn't it kinda hard to evaluate a shooters ability to live up to a higher standard without prolonged observation? There are exceptions but a 1 year period of observation is a nice round time and is a sufficient time period to ensure a shooter lives up to the code of a Pistolero.

 

 

The JEDI's requirements are that the shooter must shoot a clean match as a gunfighter to join as well as other such things. Their requirements really aren't bad or hard to enforce. Simple as sending a score sheet to the Counsel.

I wanted the 1 year requirement as it'd keep people from joining then realizing that they don't want to shoot duelist. People that have been shooting it for a year do so because they like it and most likely will stick with it.

 

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

 

I wondered the same thing. Who will be the founding members on the Pistolero Posse and how will Pistoleros be nominated?

Founding members would have to be the people that got this started and rolling. Rye, Pat Riot, Me, and any other that has moved this along.

There's no need for nominations to be Pistoleros. Just join when we get around to that part of it. Now as far as a counsel type thing....Well I nominate Rye for President. This is his idea after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 as Rye for President. & Dorado for Vice President.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dorado said:

Founding members would have to be the people that got this started and rolling. Rye, Pat Riot, Me, and any other that has moved this along.

While I appreciate this like you can't imagine I cannot as I have not met the requirements. Rules are rules. I have not shot Duelist for the past year. The last time I shot Duelist for a whole year was like 11 years ago now. In April of 2018 I will have shot Duelist for a year. I had to shoot 2 matches 2 handed as I had a bum right wrist.

 

But Thank You ever so much. :) Makes me feel good, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

While I appreciate this like you can't imagine I cannot as I have not met the requirements. Rules are rules. I have not shot Duelist for the past year. The last time I shot Duelist for a whole year was like 11 years ago now. In April of 2018 I will have shot Duelist for a year. I had to shoot 2 matches 2 handed as I had a bum right wrist.

 

But Thank You ever so much. :) Makes me feel good, thanks.

We don't count injuries. Besides you have been a lot of help on this. That's what matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dorado said:

We don't count injuries. Besides you have been a lot of help on this. That's what matters.

Thank you. Just trying to be helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something I was thinking about on the lapel pins. To help ease the initial cost of them, something we could do it pre-order them. I'm still waiting on a response from the manufacturer so this is still fairly far off. However, my thought was this. Once we have a set design, we could have people order their pins and we can send that money to a single account. We can then use that account to help ease the burden on Rye or whoever actually orders them. We just need to make sure that we keep track of the orders.

Thoughts? Good or bad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Dorado said:

Something I was thinking about on the lapel pins. To help ease the initial cost of them, something we could do it pre-order them. I'm still waiting on a response from the manufacturer so this is still fairly far off. However, my thought was this. Once we have a set design, we could have people order their pins and we can send that money to a single account. We can then use that account to help ease the burden on Rye or whoever actually orders them. We just need to make sure that we keep track of the orders.

Thoughts? Good or bad?

We could also have everyone pre-pay ie PayPal to whomever orders the pins account when they place their order - Also, as an FYI, our club has had good luck with Gold Mountain Trading for buckles and badges

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Another couple of'em-^_^

Pistoleros-Making the west safe for gunfighters

 

Pistoleros-The way it should be done

 

Pistoleros-One hand out, at a time

 

OLG

#1 is a great slogan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dorado said:

 

This document is to welcome you as a member in good standing in the Pistoleros. As a Pistolero you are required to uphold the Duelist spirit and promise to promote the art of one handed shooting to all shooters new and seasoned. I promise as a Pistolero to honor all Duelist categories that are accepted by SASS. I will do my duties as a Pistolero within my Posse.  I will strive for excellence. As a Pistolero I am a representative of the Pistoleros and will act in honor and in line with the Cowboy Way. We will not be pawed at and we will not shoot two handed! We are Pistoleros!

 

I like this version as it is inclusive for both male and female shooters and does not mandate duelist no matter what.

Scout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one-See who knows what movie I stole it from. :lol:

 

Pistoleros-It's the code of the west

 

OLG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Another one-See who knows what movie I stole it from. :lol:

 

Pistoleros-It's the code of the west

 

OLG

Roger Miller: The Ballad Of Waterhole #3 ?  I think there was a western by that same name around the late 40's 1947/48 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it was also said in Blazing Saddles...:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to be a Duelist (fair to middlin') and I am now a Jedi Gunfighter.

I think the first thing you need to decide as a group, is WHAT you are trying to create.

Are the Pistoleros simply a group of Duelists proclaiming theirselves to the world or is there an exclusivity to the group?

 

Jedi Gunfighters are not Jedis simply by virtue of being Gunfighters - they have to be nominated, meet certain critieria beyond simply shooting Gunfighter, (winning matches, clean matches, be ambassadors and active in club activities, etc.).

I don't want to come across as smug or superior, certainly not my intent, but I like that JEDI Gunfighter means something - has weight and gravitas and is not just a "club" that anyone can join.  That being a JEDI is something to strive for.

Bud may not even remember doing this, but I was nominated by Badlands Bud for JEDI Gunfighter after a Bordertown Match.

I took and still take great pride that I was recognized by a shooter that I respect for the title of JEDI.

 

That meant a lot more to me than simply joining a group, if I shot gunfighter, I could buy a cool buckle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dorado said:

Something I was thinking about on the lapel pins. To help ease the initial cost of them, something we could do it pre-order them. I'm still waiting on a response from the manufacturer so this is still fairly far off. However, my thought was this. Once we have a set design, we could have people order their pins and we can send that money to a single account. We can then use that account to help ease the burden on Rye or whoever actually orders them. We just need to make sure that we keep track of the orders.

Thoughts? Good or bad?

Good idea to pre-order. I can use my account for payment.

52 minutes ago, Charlie T Waite said:

We could also have everyone pre-pay ie PayPal to whomever orders the pins account when they place their order - Also, as an FYI, our club has had good luck with Gold Mountain Trading for buckles and badges

I don't want anything to do with pay-pal, I don't want an account, never will and I refuse to use it at all. Sorry but that's my feelings. The cost of this will be so low (like $10.00 or less incl. shipping I hope) I don't think we need to fool with another entity!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lumpy, I wasn't BSing :lol:...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Good idea to pre-order. I can use my account for payment.

I don't want anything to do with pay-pal, I don't want an account, never will and I refuse to use it at all. Sorry but that's my feelings. The cost of this will be so low (like $10.00 or less incl. shipping I hope) I don't think we need to fool with another entity!

PP was only an example cause I hear it all the time, all I was trying to say is that when someone orders, they can pay in the manner you decide when they tell you to help ease the burden on you.  I would be willing to do it, would send some now if I had the info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.