SASS Wire Forum

A (Not So) Great Movie

Subdeacon Joe

In an interview, star Jeff Morrow said that neither he nor anyone on the film saw the title "monster" until they went to the film's premiere in Morrow's home town. It turned out that producer Sam Katzman had contracted with a low-budget model-maker in Mexico City to construct the "Giant Claw" and no one in the cast or crew had any idea it would come out looking as bizarre and, frankly, laughable as it did. Morrow said that the audience roared with laughter every time the "monster" made an appearance, and he wound up slinking in embarrassment out of the theater before the film was over so that no one who knew him would recognize him.

Awesomely cheezy. Kinda love it.

Oh Lordy, that was the best guffaw I've had in weeks ~ Thanks, Joe!   :lol:

Definitely a drive-in theater kinda film... "Great movie!" ~  "How'd it end?" ~  "Who cares!"  ^_^

By the way... "Hell to Pay" was on channel 21.2 last night...  :rolleyes:

I saw it when I was 9 at the Saturday matinee in my home town (which is still my home town).  It was scary for a kid, but even back then I thought the thing looked kind of funny. 

'The Killer Shrews' (1959), produced by Ken Curits, yep Festus, is usually on the worst movies ever list.

I have seen it and agree, but there is plenty of opportunity for other not-so-greats.

I watched the Killer Shrews when I was around 10 or so. Scared me pretty good. A day or two later I was outside in the backyard when my dog snuck up behind me and stuck his nose on the back of my leg. My mom said they likely heard me yell a good 5 miles away!!

SubCheester... what are you talkin' 'bout?  When you are in yore teens... and see that movie for the first time....

You will go out in yore ten-acre pasture... and continuously look up in the sky... so's a great big-a$$ buzzard won't crap on ya.. or eat ya.

I liked it... it was campy-like... but, at the time... I liked it.

ts

Archived