The Walmart Advanced Vehicle Experience Concept Truck

Rancocas

The Walmart Advanced Vehicle Experience concept truck is the latest

in their fleet efficiency program. The one-of-a-kind prototype offers a

whole package of firsts. The tractor has very advanced aerodynamics and

is powered by a prototype advanced turbine-powered, range-extending

series hybrid powertrain. The trailer is made almost exclusively with

carbon fiber, saving around 4,000 pounds which can then be used to

carry more freight. Click here and sound on...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NER9X4_gtYk?feature=player_detailpage

Very cool...thanks for the post...Jim

Carbon fiber. Wonder how much fun that would be driving on I-70 across Kansas in the springtime winds.

Biggest corporation in the world.

They're beginning to scare me a little.

Having driven big rigs I have to say the the cab layout makes me very uncomfortable, though I imagine one could get used to it.

Passing will be a whole lot harder. You will have to get awfully far into the oncoming lane before you have a view. Don't think that was thought out very well.

I was wondering about the Wyoming gales on I-80! If you're running fully loaded is one thing, but I wonder if they'd need to add ballast if they weren't?

Aerodynamics are fine, but from what I can see in the video the blind spots from that cab must be horrendous, coupled with so small as to be useless rearview mirrors.

Just because you Can do something doesn't mean you Should!!!

Carbon fiber. Wonder how much fun that would be driving on I-70 across Kansas in the springtime winds.

Biggest corporation in the world.

They're beginning to scare me a little.

It will get interesting when they eventually have a wreck and a haz mat will need to be called out to clean up the mess. The exposed carbon fibers from breakage cannot be handled with bare hands and can cause some really nasty injuries. Think grabbing a choya cactus without gloves only removing the carbon fibers is 10 times worse.

Love to test drive it. Held a Class 'A' CDL for over 25 yrs.

I don't like the covered wheels, as part of any 'pre-trip' inspection is the ck the lug-nuts for looseness.

So-does it run on JP-4 or what?? I'm sure our EPA will muck that all up------

OLG

Space age cool is all fine and dandy but the real test is how much money will it take to move freight 100,000 miles compared to a standard rig.

It looks like they are trying to make it work with natural gas.

Photo Op. Wow the media, the environmentalists, and the rest of the head in the sand liberals. Meanwhile, back to business as usual. 'Course if it wasn't "back to business as usual", then Walmart prices would go up and everybody would be bitchin' about that.

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. They have some really big names working on that project. Parker, Roush, Isringhausen. Top engineering names.

Archived