SASS Wire Forum

An awesome idea

There are a lot of take-it-or-leave-it ideas around the world but one thing that I really think is an "it's about time someone did that" idea .

Have you ever been pushing a shopping cart through a store and run into an obstacle or some one you want to get around? And you have to pick up the back of your cart to maneuver? Or you want move your cart out of the way and it's a nuisance because the cart does not move sideways?

Well here it is, all four wheels have swivels. The carts easily move sideways.

May not work in my supermarket. Some of those shoppers just will not move.

Costco seems to be the worst. Park the cart in the middle of the aisle and then stand in

the free space and look. I moved one lady's cart and she gave me a big stare. I just smiled

back at her. I am such a jerk. :D

I would rather have a cattle prod, to get people out of my way.

What I don't understand is why people stop in the narrowest part of the aisle to check their shopping list or hunt for a coupon. And then there's the klatch of old friends who bumped into each other at the exit and are standing there blocking traffic while they show of their grandkids' pictures and compare gall bladder surgeries.
It's not that I'm a grouch. I just don't like people.

What I don't understand is why people stop in the narrowest part of the aisle to check their shopping list or hunt for a coupon. And then there's the klatch of old friends who bumped into each other at the exit and are standing there blocking traffic while they show of their grandkids' pictures and compare gall bladder surgeries.

Did I hear WalMart?

Ol' Hank's wife was telling me how she got totally fed up with the Wally World experience of a certain group of folk taking the whole family shopping... you can NOT get around 'em, and can't ask 'em to move, as they don't speak English.

So... when she does have to shop there, she just makes her first and last stop in the housewares department. First, she selects a pair of brooms or mops and places 'em in her cart with the handles pointed forward and out.

"It's great!" she told me. "It must remind 'em of a bull or something, but it's amazing how they know I'm coming and clear the aisle!"

Last stop - she put's them back and proceeds to checkout. :rolleyes:

Build a prototype and test it. Post the video. :D

We have a few work tables in my shop that have four swivel wheels. They are usually left in place since they will not roll in a straight line like the tables with two swivel wheels and two fixed wheels.

My local grocery stores are designed for shoppers to go counterclockwise. I have got my cart and moved to the right of the store and worked in a clockwise pattern. There are no rules, just implied design. It made sense to me as I put my fruits and veggies on top of cereal and canned goods. I think a couple of shoppers wanted to give me a P!!

I AM a grouch and I don't like people.

What's your point?

Archived