SASS Wire Forum

Not My Daughter

Two Men Use Girl As Human Shield Until Her Father Guns Them Down

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/10/two-men-use-girl-as-human-shield-until-her-father-guns-them-down/

A St. Louis couple is likely thankful to have guns in their home after they were forced to use them to defend their daughter against two men Monday night.

The men, one of whom had an extensive rap sheet, confronted the couples 17 year-old daughter after she stepped outside of the house to go to her car, reports the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Cortez McClinton, 33, and Terrell Johnson, 31, held a gun to the girls head and used her as a shield as they entered the family home, where a five-year old child was also present.

The girls father and mother witnessed the abduction, and both retrieved their guns. When McClinton and Johnson entered, the father fired several shots, hitting both men. The girls mother fired one shot but missed.

Johnson died at the scene. McClinton was wounded but was able to scramble off. He had his brother take him to the hospital.

In 2010, McClinton was charged with shooting another man. Charges were eventually dropped due to lack of witness participation. He also had drug possession and distribution charges against him.

McClinton is charged with second-degree murder, kidnapping, burglary, and criminal armed action and is being held on $1 million bond.

I love the way they phrased that.

"Gunned him down" has always had a negative connotation. When you "gunned someone down", it usually means you murdered 'em.

So here, when the good guy saved the day, by killing the bad guy, they say, "He gunned them down".

He didn't "save his daughter". He didn't "defend himself and his family". He didn't even "shoot the bad guys". He "GUNNED THEM DOWN".

Man, you GOTTA love reporters.

"Gunned him down" has always had a negative connotation. When you "gunned someone down", it usually means you murdered 'em.

So here, when the good guy saved the day, by killing the bad guy, they say, "He gunned them down".

He didn't "save his daughter". He didn't "defend himself and his family". He didn't even "shoot the bad guys". He "GUNNED THEM DOWN".

No I don't.

That's God's job. -_-

Hmm. I never thought 'gunned him down' had negative connotations. To me it brings up visions of a fair gun fight. Besides, the rest of the article (at least what was posted here, because I don't follow links) was all positive.

Do I not watch enough cowboy shows?

The local TV news had an interview with the father, who refused to be on camera. He sounded very shaken and upset, rightfully so. I pray the family makes it out of this OK. It will be tough on them.

I have a friend that lives in St. louis. He told me about the incident last night and said a neighbor woman was interviewed. Her comment was "I'm glad someone took out the trash."

That family is VERY lucky. This could have gone horrible wrong. Quick thinking, positive action and yes, proper technique turned this into a much better outcome for the family.

I have a friend that lives in St. louis. He told me about the incident last night and said a neighbor woman was interviewed. Her comment was "I'm glad someone took out the trash."

That family is VERY lucky. This could have gone horrible wrong. Quick thinking, positive action and yes, proper technique turned this into a much better outcome for the family.

That womans comment reminded me of a cop shooting here in GA. A Griffin officer was wrking at a Waffle House and tried to arrest a drunk woman, her boyfriend shot him in the back, thankfully the officer's brother was there and legally carrying, though not an officer himself. The brother of the officer shot the criminal, seriously wounding him and told the news, "I don't want to be bitter, I just wish I had killed him" Sadly a good officer was killed.

No I don't.

That's God's job. -_-

+100

Lord I do NOT like reporters, or the media in general. I miss the days when they were proud of their unbiased, factual, verified reporting. Today it facts? What facts? We don't need no stinkin' facts!

I have to agree with ya Alpo. When I first saw that line it made me think of an act that was premeditated, vicious, done with malice. Sure, they could have used more accurate less negative wording, but that's not what they do these days. It's all about ratings, and the more sensational they can make it sound, the better.

It's all about ratings, and the more sensational they can make it sound, the better.

Yup. News today isn't reporting, it's entertainment. And entertainment is all about how many eyeballs you can attract, and how much you can sell them for.

YEP! That's South City. I was scared to be there in the daylight!!!!

I hear ya. And agree with your observations.

But for anything less than being "gunned down" in the instance would have been a shame. A quick merciful shot to the head just wouldn't do justice. Gun that SOB down.

+100

Lord I do NOT like reporters, or the media in general. I miss the days when they were proud of their unbiased, factual, verified reporting. Today it facts? What facts? We don't need no stinkin' facts!

Wait, when was that? The term yellow journalism pre-dates the Spanish American war.

Wait, when was that? The term yellow journalism pre-dates the Spanish American war.

Yeah, but that's because back then they needed a term to distinguish it from real journalism. Now it's mostly all the same.

Yeah, but that's because back then they needed a term to distinguish it from real journalism. Now it's mostly all the same.

OK. That's true.

Let's see.

Situational awareness.

Availability of the proper working tools.

Accurate shot placement under stress.

This one goes in our training file!

Archived