SASS Wire Forum

SASS Dream comes True

When I joined SASS way back in 1990 I wanted my alias to be Wyatt Earp, however it had been taken long before. I think the member number associated with it was in the was in the 400 range, so I took the alias Josh Randall (hard to believe that was still available at the time). In the late 90's the Wyatt Earp bug was still biting hard, but the name was still assigned, so I changed my alias to Tombstone Wyatt. I dressed like Kurt Russell in the vendetta portion of the movie. I checked back with SASS from time to time, but no luck.

About two months ago I checked the alias lookup on the home page and discovered Wyatt Earp was no longer assigned. I immediately messaged SASS, but did not receive a reply. I waited another week and messaged them again, stating my 2nd request for the alias. Still no response. Fast forward to today and I'm going through two weeks of mail (on vacation). I spot a large envelope from SASS with a renewal registration packet. I'm a life member so I wonder what's up with that. When I opened the package, I saw, much to my amazement and pleasure, that I am now and forever will be WYATT EARP, SASS #1628Life. YEEEEHHAWWWWW!!!

Drinks are on me for the rest of the day.

Sincerely,

Wyatt Earp

Wow! Congrats.

Congrats. Dreams do come true.

Barkeep a milk please.

Outstanding!

Congratulations! Persistence does pay off.

Now don't forget to message Allie Mo and get your Wire name changed.

Laz

WYATT EARP! I heard of you. :lol: As a long time resident of Tombstone, AZ, I share your excitement concerning your alias and I will have a Sarsaparilla, meet you at the Crystal Palace.

Cheers! Blaze

p.s. next time you see Cpt Jake tell him I said Hi.

Congratulations, Wyatt Earp!!

Thanks for all the congrad's pards. And Hardpan, as to Josh Randall, when I gave up that alias for Tombstone Wyatt, I got a message from a guy who told me his buddy did a Josh Randall impersonation and immediately took that alias. He probably felt like I do today.

Wyatt

Congrats!

I remember the first SASS Wyatt Earp. I think, but not sure, he was from Iowa or at least the upper Midwest. I actually shot against him at Comancheria Days outside Fredericksburg, Texas, back in the mid-1990s. It was Sunday's Man-on-Man shootout, and I beat him. Always thought that was funny, me defeating Wyatt Earp in a stand-up gunfight. LOL

So, what was ypu before? I done forgot already!!!!

Congrats there, "Life" brother....Our SASS numbers are only a 150 or so off...We joined about the same time...What a ride, huh?

I went through the same exercise with Ethan Edwards, but when it became available, somebody beat me to it. But anyway, the alias Wyatt Earp is a real prize. Way to go.

Archived