SASS Wire Forum

Christmas wish list

Calico Mary

Doc, I think a lot of us can relate.

My biggest present will be having Daughter Grizz home from college for a few weeks.

I don't mean to rain (snow?) on a thread that should be upbeat. I hope you are all able to enjoy and make the most of the time you have together when she gets home!

Doc, there ain't nothing wrong with a little reminder that the holidays can be rough on some people financially....heaven knows we resemble that remark and have for a few years now. Both Buick and I are getting some OT in at w$%k right now, only thing that's saving our bank account this holiday season....even so there won't be any expensive gifts under our tree....

it ain't the cost of the gifts, it's the thought behind them. Christmas is a celebration of giving, and not all gifts have to cost money. There's ways to give your time and love without ever spending a cent ;)

I'd like about 2K of .45 acp and another 1K of .380 acp, and the dies to reload them once I shoot 'em! Oh, and a good recipe for a load with smokeless, since there has never been a grain of smokeless in my reloading room. Gotta learn some new tricks to load smokeless, I reckon.

But what I really want is to see our youngest daughter and her family, especially the three grand babies. They answered a calling and are now houseparents at the Idaho Christian Children's Ranch in Eagle, ID. They can't afford to come home and my wife can't travel. I'm guessing Skype will be getting a workout in the next six weeks or so.

This is a fun time... in my household, we try to figure out what each other would really like, that is gonna "ring the bell" in Xmas day, without asking each other directly. It is sometimes tough to do, especially if we don't keep our ears open all year long. It is not so much the affordability because extravagant wants are non-starter here.

Doc! Short rations around here is kinda' the order of the day. A little something nice for the grandkids and I'll sneak something special in for Schoolmarm and my mom. A bunch of us resemble your situation right now. Enjoy what you've got and put in some extra time around the family. What you ain't got will take care of itself with a little faith and a little time.

Forty!! P.M. me your address. I got a little something special for you that landed in my lap, cheap!!

Bama! You're shooting 44/40 ain't ya'! I got some nice load info that'll work just fine for you smokeless. You P.M. me too

I just wish it was over

I wish the sentiments and good will would last the year round!!

For the record, I have never gotten anything on my wish lists.

It's just for fun.

Doc, I appreciate your sitation. There have been times when all I could afford to give my loved ones......was love. Turns out that was enough.

Doc! Short rations around here is kinda' the order of the day. A little something nice for the grandkids and I'll sneak something special in for Schoolmarm and my mom. A bunch of us resemble your situation right now. Enjoy what you've got and put in some extra time around the family. What you ain't got will take care of itself with a little faith and a little time.

Forty!! P.M. me your address. I got a little something special for you that landed in my lap, cheap!!

Bama! You're shooting 44/40 ain't ya'! I got some nice load info that'll work just fine for you smokeless. You P.M. me too

Okey doke. Got my curiousity bump throbbing now.

Thanks for the encouraging words, everyone. There is a lot going on right now, and finances are certainly a part of it. I'm hopeful we will make it through, though.

Ok my list.

For my wife to recover completely.

For my dad to keep his job. The company he works for has a policy of finding any excuse to fire anyone older than fifty. He's the oldest in the company now so it's coming. Even though he has had the best numbers of any of his peers for the last seventeen years straight.

To find a dependable car for my wife to drive.

For the kids to be healthy.

For my friends to get what they want. Even Calico.

That's about it

I.like to dream about new guns and look at them but unless i trade/sell the ones i currently own

I won't be getting any.

For my friends to get what they want. Even Calico.

Awww...ya little runt....now yer making me blush.....

All kidding aside, I am still praying for your wife as well as the rest of your family every day, and I sure hope that with time she'll have a complete, 100% recovery.

And the truth be told, the thing I really want the most for Christmas just isn't an option right now, so it ain't going on "the list", but if I could have anything in the world I wanted, it would be to meet some of my Saloon pards face to face....Cheyenne, Hawk, UB, Okie, BMC, CB, BD, some others....and yes, even you Evil critter!! I have a big hug and a kick in the heiney fer you if and when that day ever comes..... :P;):lol:

And the truth be told, the thing I really want the most for Christmas just isn't an option right now, so it ain't going on "the list", but if I could have anything in the world I wanted, it would be to meet some of my Saloon pards face to face....Cheyenne, Hawk, UB, Okie, BMC, CB, BD, some others....and yes, even you Evil critter!! I have a big hug and a kick in the heiney fer you if and when that day ever comes..... :P;):lol:

I will have to add my agreement to that one.

I don't post to these kind of threads, and I don't like to air our family's problems in public but, I am going to make an excepting for this one. I have never been a big fan of Christmas with all the fake Christmas spirit that goes around only at Christmas.

This year all I want for Christmas, is for our Daughter to smarten up enough to get out of her abusive (physical, mentally) marriage. Don't care what kind of financial burden it would be to her Mom and me, just want her and our granddaughter home here with us.

Shoer, I wish it were in my power for you. I will keep you, your wife, and your daughter in my thoughts and meditations.

Shoer, I know what you're going through. On Nov. 28 it will be 5 years since we've had any contact with my youngest daughter and the 2 grand babies. We rescued them twice from the abuser and she went back again. After the last one they cut all contact with my wife and I and any siblings. All gifts for the kids and letters come back unopened. I feel for you and your wife and hope you have a joyous reunion in the near future.

I've been lucky enough to meet several of my Saloon buddies and shoot with them too! I'm enriched by the experience beyond comprehension, ('cept fer you, Purdy Boy :lol::lol::lol: )!!

I'll meet more of you as time and finances permit.

And I'm really jokin' about you, Shy Anne!! ;):lol:

Shoer, God bless you and your wife, and especially your daughter and grandbabies.

If it were only in my power.......

Guest Jess Money

Well, Christmas is coming, and in our family we all normally make a "wish" list so the other three have some ideas to go by...

What I'd really love is a new pair of Lightnings, 3 1/5" barrel with checkered grips, an embroidery machine, and a new laptop...ain't none of those happening.....

So I'm trying to come up with more reasonably priced ideas. I wouldn't mind having the Longmire series both seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, but I was also thinking about putting a couple of Longmire books on the list, since I've never actually read any. Any suggestions on which one(s)?

I'm rackin' my brain tryin' ta think of something else too....but coming up blank....the SASS Patriot badge is nice but a little pricey..... :wacko:

Calico, I'd like to make one suggestion, if I may. If you don't have a copy of or have never read "The Virginian" by Owen Wister, please treat yourself to a classic.

First published in 1902 by a man who would have lived in the late 1800's and knew well the Cowboy Way, it relates how it was back then. The syntax is a bit different than what is in use today but not so much so that you can't understand the meanings. The book has been re-printed too many times to count but my copy was reprinted in May 1947. It's one of my prized possessions. Either receiving or giving, it makes a wonderful gift at Christmas...or any other time of the year.

Jess

Archived