SASS Wire Forum

Another shooting, this time LA

Rancocas

Los Angeles (CNN) — [breaking news update, 12:53 p.m.] A TSA agent shot Friday at the Los Angeles International Airport is dead, according to an intelligence source briefed by Los Angeles police and a federal source.

[breaking news update, 12:40 p.m.]

Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center said it received three male victims from Los Angeles International Airport, where shootings occurred Friday. One arrived in critical condition, and two were listed in fair condition, the hospital said. The hospital did not say how they were injured

The Shooter May have been another TSA officer :angry:

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=27465240&nid=1070&title=live-stream-gunman-shot-and-killed-1-tsa-agent-killed-1-wounded&fm=home_page&s_cid=featured-1

Fox reported that the LA times said LE sources said the shooter was a TSA agent. They are now reporting that the shooter was a ticketed passenger and has no connection with TSA.

Fox reported that the LA times said LE sources said the shooter was a TSA agent. They are now reporting that the shooter was a ticketed passenger and has no connection with TSA.

another news mess up - figure it's best to wait a few hours or a day to get a better clarity of the situation before believing anything..

GG ~ :FlagAm:

All I know is it couldn't possibly have been an assault rifle. That would be illegal.

I'm sure they're working on a law to fix this as we speak. :rolleyes:

I did find out that LAWA stands for Los Angeles World Airport. I did not know that. Still haven't seen a pic of the assault rifle.

The media is, as usual, going insane. I'm going to cut some firewood. :rolleyes:

Saw a picture of the rifle. Although it's pretty indistinct picture, the rifle looks to be an AR-15 type carbine with a collapsible stock. No magazine could be discerned, perhaps it's a California compliant 10 rounder. Predictably, the media is going full retard about the high-powered AR-15 ASSAULT rifle.

LAX is still largely locked down, and the freeways around LAX (major LA arteries) are snarled.

https://twitter.com/TJD19083/status/396332812195729408/photo/1

Saw a picture of the rifle. Although it's pretty indistinct picture, the rifle looks to be an AR-15 type carbine with a collapsible stock. No magazine could be discerned, perhaps it's a California compliant 10 rounder. Predictably, the media is going full retard about the high-powered AR-15 ASSAULT rifle.

LAX is still largely locked down, and the freeways around LAX (major LA arteries) are snarled.

https://twitter.com/TJD19083/status/396332812195729408/photo/1

looking at it again - I can see that (thought it appeared to be an M1 Carbine or Mini-14) - anyway another 'GUN FREE ZONE' shooting...

Prayers up for the victims and their families....

I'm about to the point where I don't believe anybody. <_<

looking at it again - I can see that (thought it appeared to be an M1 Carbine or Mini-14) - anyway another 'GUN FREE ZONE' shooting...

Prayers up for the victims and their families....

I was able to blow up a slightly better picture: the rifle has a pistol grip and an flattop (A3) AR's profile, and there's something that looks like a 30 round magazine nearby.

The media is also breathlessly claiming the shooter wore camouflage, as of course, all mass shooters do. The camo is described as dark blue pants and a blue shirt. Huh? CNN has jumped on this with both cloven hoofs, with continuous coverage. <Sigh>

My prayers for all of the innocents.

You can believe me, Hardpan. :D

I never lie. I might stretch the he77 out of the truth, BUT I NEVER LIE.

But... Charlie, you're a fisherman~! :rolleyes:

Shooter's Paul Anthony Ciancia, 23 years old, with strong anti-govt leanings based on literature he was carrying.

Apparently, he's in critical condition at Ronald Reagan UCLA trauma center.

You can believe me, Hardpan. :D

I never lie. I might stretch the he77 out of the truth, BUT I NEVER LIE.

He's lying.

:P

I was able to blow up a slightly better picture: the rifle has a pistol grip and an flattop (A3) AR's profile, and there's something that looks like a 30 round magazine nearby.

The media is also breathlessly claiming the shooter wore camouflage, as of course, all mass shooters do. The camo is described as dark blue pants and a blue shirt. Huh? CNN has jumped on this with both cloven hoofs, with continuous coverage. <Sigh>

My prayers for all of the innocents.

You're most likely right - have seen Mini's with similar pistol/telescopic stocks and thought it to be possibly similar...

1a6f98e4-d9d3-4b66-bf8c-e301aa67837b_zps42105185.jpg

Even Fox News has fallen into the false drama and misinformation - "...high-powered assault rifle".

Oh, well......

LL

basically every news organizations across the country have -

http://kfor.com/2013/11/01/los-angeles-airport-evacuated-for-reported-shooting/

The gnus is reporting that the shooter is from South New Jersey, with a history of mental problems, who only recently took the crazy train to SoCal. This morning, he reportedly texted his brother, stating that he was thinking of killing himself.

Once again the root problem is mental health. But that won't matter. These attacks are either from terrorists or mentally ill individuals every time!

I'm not sure what the response will be other than another knee jerk attempt by the CA legislature to ban ALL guns.

Like that will work. :mad:

Once again, I'm feeling tired and abandoned.

For once, the Boston Globe was fairly controlled, and did not call for the mass melting of all guns; they even put "assault rifle" in quotation marks, letting us know that these were the words used by the police chief in LA, not by the paper.

But flick down to the Comments section, and those liberated minds among the reading public are calling for repeal of the Second Amendment - and I am not joking.

Hey UB....any ranches for sale out your way?

LL

Once again, I'm feeling tired and abandoned.

For once, the Boston Globe was fairly controlled, and did not call for the mass melting of all guns; they even put "assault rifle" in quotation marks, letting us know that these were the words used by the police chief in LA, not by the paper.

But flick down to the Comments section, and those liberated minds among the reading public are calling for repeal of the Second Amendment - and I am not joking.

Hey UB....any ranches for sale out your way?

LL

there is always something for sale in Colorado

The gnus is reporting that the shooter is from South New Jersey, with a history of mental problems, who only recently took the crazy train to SoCal. This morning, he reportedly texted his brother, stating that he was thinking of killing himself.

Once more a psycho immigrant from some other despotic state who only came to California for the fair weather and the fine beaches.

Once more a psycho immigrant from some other despotic state who only came to California for the fair weather and the fine beaches.

Don't forget the exceedingly generous welfare benefits.

^_^ The curse of fair weather! Up here in the north east we have something called "winter kill" which help to curb some issues. :( BTW, wasn't nevada sending buss loads of homeless over to CA? <_<

Don't forget the exceedingly generous welfare benefits.

Kalifornia:

12% of the national population.

37% of the national population (legal) on welfare.

Sure looks like a Ruger Mini 14 (or 30) to me.

Nope it's a flat top AR. Saw a close up pic.

Mini 14's aren't 'assault' rifles anyways :rolleyes:

GG

In CA they might be. Depends on what stock you have on it.

Of course, in CA ANY semi-auto is magically transformed into an "assault rifle." Surprised that a Mod. 1 Mk III* SMLE isn't considered one.

Mini 14's aren't 'assault' rifles anyways :rolleyes:

GG

Neither are AR15s. Except to the media.

Neither are AR15s. Except to the media.

I know I know guys....hence my :rolleyes: smiley...LOL.

Joe: California's politicians make up their own s&%$ ;) most of it false sensationalism scare fodder.

GG

GG

Archived