SASS Wire Forum

Good Lord - anything we post gets tagged!

Subdeacon Joe

That's just about all of Webster's Dictionary.

i would like to suggest they add a few words like dog, cat, type, tree, stream, red barn and of course the biggie "GRASS".

How about pics?

Monitor this you clowns! :P

12912800x643.jpg

Does this really surprise you? It doesn't me.

Governments have been monitoring public media since the dawn of time. Social media is no different.

Their list of words is telling though, they seem to target the lunatic individual rather than organized groups, but then again maybe the hope that they can get a link into the group if an individual mouths off out of turn. Any organized group with any sense at all would probably be using some sort of code when talking about anything of any real danger.

JMO

HAWAIIAN PIZZA.....YUK!

Hawaiian presidents YUK!

OH OH!

I wonder if they monitored my thread about hot dogs the other week? Somebody in Chicago might have taken exception

to my comments about red hots....

A good hot dog does resemble the barrel of a gun ya know.

Guest jeweler jim

In the same vein I was going to post some pictures, but I'm not as technically adept as UB. Anyway it shows some of DHS's actors that they use to promote the emotions of why we need the gun control. You can't believe anything one way or the other that you see on TV or the news as some is manufactured by our friends at DHS.

http://newsninja2012.com/sandy-hook-shooting-grieving-parents-hoax-worked-for-home-security-as-crisis-actors-developing-2013-01-03/#axzz2UtQbCzm1

Scarey stuff... There are more links out there, but this was the first one I grabbed.

Funny...some historical groups I know will really be watched closely. Discussions on which white powder might be best used on a wig to do an impression of Washington during the revolution. Or the discussion of the mass number of pirates decending upon Tahoe next weekend, and what kinds of weapons are allowed at that Ren Faire. I am thinking that HS is going to have to sell off some ammo to buy better computers to keep track of all this shite.

What! Ya mean "Holder" wasn't a key word for "Southwest Border Violence"? :lol:

Seriously, there are several commercial firms that make the software to do this kind of data mining. There are also several firms that perform this as a relatively cheap service. BTW, this is a typical marketing activity that "fortune 1000 companies" have at their disposal. This data mining can pinpoint the author with relative ease. And big firms do this usually to sell more stuff. Respectable firms will not drive into a database that is password protected and will only surf the publicly available data. It is the latest trend in marketing.

As noted above, the government most assuredly can or does have deeper access when they want/need it. It is not just social media venues either. You can expect retail sales and banking transactions to be monitored/mined as well to find out who is purchasing supplies and with what money and from "where". The list of search words have to be developed by I people who know what they are doing and what they are looking for. The list you saw on the page 38 link was totally lame and very likely just a sample.

As a side note... I expect the most recent IRS targeting to be a result of the IRS doing this kind of analytics. Got a new toy and hurt themselves they did. ^_^

Governments have been monitoring public media since the dawn of time. Social media is no different.

Their list of words is telling though, they seem to target the lunatic individual rather than organized groups, but then again maybe the hope that they can get a link into the group if an individual mouths off out of turn. Any organized group with any sense at all would probably be using some sort of code when talking about anything of any real danger.

JMO

I just read an article that put forth the idea that Al Quada has changed tactics, and is now using single people, using common weapons to inflict havoc on the general population. With Western Europe disarming the populations, and trying to be very PC, the terrorist have an advantage. The theory seems to be that it is impossible to trace someone using common household articles to make weapons. Case in point was the pressure cookers used in Boston. Of course you have to make a bomb, but black powder is/was pretty available before the rush. Imagine trying to check on folks buying kitchen knives, chain saws, or the dreaded claw hammer.

JMO

Who decides the criteria for the definition of "lunatic" though?- "Them".

Simply another form of control with the ability to eradicate privacy. <_<

I just read an article that put forth the idea that Al Quada has changed tactics, and is now using single people, using common weapons to inflict havoc on the general population. With Western Europe disarming the populations, and trying to be very PC, the terrorist have an advantage. The theory seems to be that it is impossible to trace someone using common household articles to make weapons. Case in point was the pressure cookers used in Boston. Of course you have to make a bomb, but black powder is/was pretty available before the rush. Imagine trying to check on folks buying kitchen knives, chain saws, or the dreaded claw hammer.

(snicker).....He said the AQ word. Bet the black helicopters will be coming to visit you Charlie.

JHC

Archived