SASS Wire Forum

Interarms Walter PPK

Howdy all I took this in trade a Interams Walter PPK in 380, if it's good enough for James Bond it's good enough fot you $600 shipped

ENG

James Bond would never carry or shoot a .380.

Actually in Skyfall Bond used a PPK/s with palm recognition grips in as Q put it 9mm short (AKA 9mm Kurtz, AKA .380), and if you arer talking about the literary Bond, why not he spent much of the series with a Beretta .25acp. Flemming was not a gun guy and it showed in the early books.

I may be wrong here. I'm going on the Ian Flemming novels which I read as a kid. Q was always getting on his case for carrying a PPk in .32. I think he was trying to get him to carry a PPK in .380. Lot of years gone by since I read Bond. Anyway bump it up to the top for a nice piece.

I read all the books Q did not exist in the books the armorer in Dr. No (1st movie but one of the later books) got on to Bond for carrying a Beretta .25 acp called it a "ladies gun". The armorer was Major Boothroyd and was based on a British gun-writer of the day named Geoffrey Boothroyd, his original recommendation was an airweight S&W .38 special (remember hollow points were not that good in the late 50s) but felmming thought semi autos were more fitting. In those days (up until the 1980s) .32 was hotter in Europe than .380 so it was preferred on that side of the pond where the US market preferred .380. These days thanks to good loads for both I would not turn around for the difference.

PS: The later books written by different writers modernized Bon's handgun a few times, the movies tried a couple of times, Ocotpussy & Never Say Never had bond carry a Walther P5 and some of the Pierce Brosnan films had Bond with the P99 but nothing quite had the mistique of the PPK.

It doesn't ssay "West Germany" anywhere does it

And to think I always watched James Bond flicks for the women.

It doesn't ssay "West Germany" anywhere does it

I think the Interarms guns were all WG manufactured, but might be wrong.

Huh, what gun? James Bond had a boatload of charm and WHATEVER was at hand

turned into a weapon.

My question is "Does the second amendment allow for .45 machineguns fender mounted?"

I seem to remember a ruger superblackhawk in the glove box of one of his cars.

Now that's a gun.

Best

CR

PLAY MUSIC: Youuuu only live twice.......

Howdy All, my computer was down for a few days but to answer a few questions,

It's blued, flat bottom, made in USA, no WG markings,says "Under licence of Carl Walter Waffenfabik Ulm/Do"

Any other questions let me know

Regards ENG

Sounds like one of the Alabama Walthers, I have a TPH from that era their quality was good, better then the new S&W guns as good or very close to the european guns. If I did not already have a PPK/s I would be interested, the blued Alabama guns are a bit more rare than the stainless ones.

An interesting piece of useless trivia, most probably all PPK, PP & PPK/s that were marked West Germany were made in France by Manurhin then finished and assembled in Germany. Something about the treaty at the end of the war forced Carl Walther to have his early post war guns made in France, after those rules were relaxed it still made more since to let Manurhin make the parts since they were already tooled up for it and focus new guns like the P1. Walthers original factory was on the wrong (Russian) side of the line when the war ended and he pretty much had to start from scratch.

I'm losing track if this is a gun sale or a history lesson. open to any trades or is this a cash only offer?

Apparently it is a history lesson. The french guns ( including nearly complete guns finished and marked in w. German) were made under license, no reparations after this war quite the opposite with the Marshal Plan. The original Walther plant was on the wrong side of the line and was probably used to make Russian weapons. Carl Walther made it to the west side with nothing except the clothes on and back and of course his patens. The early guns did have to be made in France because Germany could not produce weapons right after the war. The gun this guy is selling sounds like one of the Alabama guns that were significantly better than the current crop of S&W made guns, if someone needs a PPK/s they would be better of with this gun than a new one.

Archived