SASS Wire Forum

Sunday nite football going Anti-Gun

Widder, SASS #59054

I emailed NBC and told them they should give the NRA equal time on next Sunday Night Football's halftime show. Will they listen? Who knows but I did it and if everyone did the same maybe just maybe NBC would at least apologize or better yet fire that know-it all Costas jerk!

Rye

His rating will go out the roof on his next show. Everyone will tune in, actually expecting an apology, and he and the network will once again get to laugh all the way to the bank. One thing I will promise you, had he made a statement on air to the effect that Kasandra would still be alive if she had had a gun, he would have been canned immediately for insensitivity and politicising such a tragedy! When it comes to a free forum, those using it on the left get a pass and those on the right get the ax!

Guest fastarget

I am just wondering when these Media types will go back to reporting the news and sports in an "unbiased and informative" way , instead of trying to sway us to their politically motivated, biased points of view(anyone remember the last election).

Since Costas is so knowlegable, maybe he can tell us why in Switzerland where most homes have guns from military service, has minimal crime? Resign Costas and let sports be sports.

A person bent on destruction will find another way than guns, knives(china), poison (india),machettes(indonesia) etc etc. Next Home Depot will be off limits so we can't buy cutters, 2x4s, nails, pipe, and fertilizer :lol:/>

Spokesman for Costas this morning said he is "sensible pro-gun". XXX is THAT????

Rush Limbaugh was fired from Monday Night Football for saying that the media was making a bigger deal about Donovan McNabe because he is black and their liberal agenda wants minority players to do good. What Costas said was far more political than what Rush said (Rush was right on the money BTW, McNabe was just an ok QB not a great one) but then Costas tows the line of the liberal left wing newscasters on the mainstream media.

Rye

Here is the REAL problem with our society. This was from today's paper in my area. The crime happened this past weekend.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/raptor357r/Picture001-1e.jpg

JEL

For a while now the NFL has been trying to crack down on injuries, especially helmet to helmet contact. Why isn't Costas asking for a ban on helmets? That would end the helmet to helmet violence. Smokin Gator

Perhaps Costas should have worn a helmet full time as a child. ;)

Spokesman for Costas this morning said he is "sensible pro-gun". XXX is THAT????

Sensible for him and sensible for us is two completely different things! What don't these anti's get about the part that says, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

Rye

This is the letter I sent to the network:

Sir; Let me first say that I am sick of actors spouting their views like their thoughts should be given more weight than the average Joe. When the NFL player misused a gun on a loved one and himself it was very sad as well as shocking.

I am a Vietnam vet and have been around guns all my life...started hunting with my dad some 55 years ago. I now teach gun safety, multiple NRA courses and police tactical. I compete with pistol, shotgun and rifle most weekends.

I am not a radical nor am I a pacifist....I further don't force my opinions on others. For Costos to spout his views when and where he did....it was wrong. Let him have a forum on his own time. I choose not to watch or listen to any of his commentating in the future, I'll wait and check the results in the paper. I respected his abilities before, but now would rather watch another channel than to hear him.

That is just my view....but I was on the "wire" that our organization has and the topic has gone viral. We only have 90,000+ members and we represent only a small group that recreationally shoots, but I guarantee that a lot of people have changed their views. For the most part we are 35-60 years old and a crosscut of society.

I have a problem with guns in the wrong hands....we all do, but if you were successful in eliminating guns...only the law abiding people like me would be without guns...this would not be a solution.

SEVEN LEADING CAUSES OF DEATH IN THE US: http://www.theegglestongroup.com/writing/deathstats/index.php

Tobacco..................500,000

Medical Errors.........180,000

Alcohol...................100,000

Vehicle.....................40,000

Suicide.....................27,000

Drugs.......................23,000

Firearms...................10,000

Lets have Costos attack alcohol which causes 10 times the amount of deaths as firearms....Oh, that's right...BUD LIGHT is a sponsor. While incidents involving guns draws a lot of media attention....what about the doctors that screw up.... or vehicular incidents. Doctors kill patients 18 to 1 over gun related....let's attack them!!!

Tell Mr. Costos that if he is on the air in the future that many of us will be tuning to another network.

Karl Peterson

This is the letter I sent to the network:

Sir; Let me first say that I am sick of actors spouting their views like their thoughts should be given more weight than the average Joe. When the NFL player misused a gun on a loved one and himself it was very sad as well as shocking.

I am a Vietnam vet and have been around guns all my life...started hunting with my dad some 55 years ago. I now teach gun safety, multiple NRA courses and police tactical. I compete with pistol, shotgun and rifle most weekends.

I am not a radical nor am I a pacifist....I further don't force my opinions on others. For Costos to spout his views when and where he did....it was wrong. Let him have a forum on his own time. I choose not to watch or listen to any of his commentating in the future, I'll wait and check the results in the paper. I respected his abilities before, but now would rather watch another channel than to hear him.

That is just my view....but I was on the "wire" that our organization has and the topic has gone viral. We only have 90,000+ members and we represent only a small group that recreationally shoots, but I guarantee that a lot of people have changed their views. For the most part we are 35-60 years old and a crosscut of society.

I have a problem with guns in the wrong hands....we all do, but if you were successful in eliminating guns...only the law abiding people like me would be without guns...this would not be a solution.

SEVEN LEADING CAUSES OF DEATH IN THE US: http://www.theegglestongroup.com/writing/deathstats/index.php

Tobacco..................500,000

Medical Errors.........180,000

Alcohol...................100,000

Vehicle.....................40,000

Suicide.....................27,000

Drugs.......................23,000

Firearms...................10,000

Lets have Costos attack alcohol which causes 10 times the amount of deaths as firearms....Oh, that's right...BUD LIGHT is a sponsor. While incidents involving guns draws a lot of media attention....what about the doctors that screw up.... or vehicular incidents. Doctors kill patients 18 to 1 over gun related....let's attack them!!!

Tell Mr. Costos that if he is on the air in the future that many of us will be tuning to another network.

Karl Peterson

Excellent Mr. Double-K

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>

Costas is an idiot. I thought the Olympics this year was one of the poorest TV sports events ever. I really miss Jim McKay and Curt Gowdy.

One of my favorites..

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>

Anybody besides wondering if we'll get a lecture on drinking and driving on SNF THIS week???? I'm betting on NO..... <_</> :angry:/>

No Way. I ain't sure but I think one of their sponsors is Bud Light.

I'm sure Costas ain't gona suggest banning automobiles. Maybe he will 'see the light' and realize that its all about 'Personal Responsibility'.

..........Widder

I thought the Olympics this year was one of the poorest TV sports events ever. I really miss Jim McKay and Curt Gowdy.

A massive +1 one that!

Of course, that was back when the Olympics was on ABC and they actually concentrated on showing sports competition, and not "fluff" emotional stuff.

EC

Keep one thing in mind while your out blasting NBC. They are NOT anti gun. They have been the biggest sponsor of the SHOT show for many many years. Costas comments were his own. Don't go throwing out the baby with the bath water. Easy boys...

Keep one thing in mind while your out blasting NBC. They are NOT anti gun. They have been the biggest sponsor of the SHOT show for many many years. Costas comments were his own. Don't go throwing out the baby with the bath water. Easy boys...

I don't know the answer but do you know if that NBC is for the TV broadcasting company OR the National Bullet Company?

Just curious.

..........Widder

I went pheasant hunting in S Dakota 2 years ago with Manny Fernandez and Howard Twilley of the famed 1972 Undefeated Miami Dolphins fame.Manny was arguable the best defensive linebacker to ever play the game.They sure as hell weren't anti gun! :D/>

Archived