SASS Wire Forum

80+ category

Snakebite

Hello the wire;

Do you offer a 80+ category at your match? If you do.... what do you call it?

Snakebite

I don't see Gran Patron in the Shooters Handbook.

It's listed right after Cattle Baron.

Snakebite

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Hello the wire;

Do you offer a 80+ category at your match? If you do.... what do you call it?

Snakebite

Old.

ts

We do Golden Statesman & Golden Girl for 75+ and we have several...

...and we have FCGF as well and several others as the occasion presents itself... <_<

Golden Statesman 80+ is what it's called in Yuma, Arizona at there Territorial Breakout.

We're getting up in our years pilgrims.

JRJ

According to the SASS Shooters handbook anyone over 70 are listed as Elder Statesmen/Grand Dames.This year at our State Shoot we had 2 that asked if they could shoot the now not listed Cattle Baron.We told them sure,but since it's not a SASS recognised catagory the winner wouldn't be eligible for a plaque,but we would sure be happy to print them out Certificates as an award.They we just happy to be able to shoot their choice of catagory.Both got a certificate and proudy displayed them for the picture taking.

According to the SASS Shooters handbook anyone over 70 are listed as Elder Statesmen/Grand Dames.This year at our State Shoot we had 2 that asked if they could shoot the now not listed Cattle Baron.We told them sure,but since it's not a SASS recognised catagory the winner wouldn't be eligible for a plaque,but we would sure be happy to print them out Certificates as an award.They we just happy to be able to shoot their choice of catagory.Both got a certificate and proudy displayed them for the picture taking.

That is NOT a SASS policy... it is a decision that the Club made.

Snakebite

That is NOT a SASS policy... it is a decision that the Club made.

Snakebite

The club made that decision because if you read the SASS Handbook;the Catagories list on page 12 says "Elderstatesmen/Grand Dames are competitors 70 years of age or greater."...it doesn't list Cattle Baron or any catagory 80 and above.They are lumped into the 70 and above.To my understanding for State and above awards (ie: Buckles,plaques etc.)can only be given to SASS recognised catagories.

The club made that decision because if you read the SASS Handbook;the Catagories list on page 12 says "Elderstatesmen/Grand Dames are competitors 70 years of age or greater."...it doesn't list Cattle Baron or any catagory 80 and above.They are lumped into the 70 and above.To my understanding for State and above awards (ie: Buckles,plaques etc.)can only be given to SASS recognised catagories.

Hi Charlie,

EOT offered Senior Gunfighter at least one year that I know of. It is not in the SHB as an official category. Any club has the "right" to offer additional categories.

I've never seen the State, Regional, or National contract. However, I know that EOT was not going to offer LGF and that is an "official category" per the SHB. They yielded to pressure to do the "right thing" and decided to offer it.

No wonder you and others are confused... :ph34r:

Regards,

Allie Mo

Charlie;Yep... I have indeed read it once or twice. :rolleyes:

Snakebite

Chairman SASS RO Committee

Hi Charlie,

EOT offered Senior Gunfighter at least one year that I know of. It is not in the SHB as an official category. Any club has the "right" to offer additional categories.

I've never seen the State, Regional, or National contract. However, I know that EOT was not going to offer LGF and that is an "official category" per the SHB. They yielded to pressure to do the "right thing" and decided to offer it.

No wonder you and others are confused... :ph34r:

Regards,

Allie Mo

Thank you Allie,

This year was the 1st after many of having a New MD.When these good folks asked about Cattle Baron,We deferred to the SASS Handbook.The 2 asking about it were just happy they could shoot their catagory and really didn't care about a Buckle,plaque or trophy.They said a certificate would be great but not necessary.Next year if they return and I hope they do,the winner will get an award.

'Round these parts, most of the clubs call it "Veteran". Was first offerred, IIRC, out of respect for Rogue River Ranger, who was 80+, still shooting, and one of the survivors of the Bataan Death March. RRR has gone ahead, like was his wont, to break trail for the rest of us... His grandson, Purgatory Smith, keeps RRR's memory alive by adopting RRR's SASS #... No way we'll let Purgy shoot Veteran GF...don't even want him shooting SGF...

At 80, you won't remember it........For long....... :lol:

LG

LOL :o

Hell Im 45 and cant remember SH1T :blink:

After the last motorcycle Accident my short term is gone pretty bad :huh:

Any ways good one :excl:

Archived