SASS Wire Forum

Lost over 19 pounds kinda by accident

Korupt Karl

As most of you know I've been flat on the back for a month now with sciatic problems. At the onset I decided I didn't want to gain weight due to inactivity.....so I cut out eating bread and potatoes.....basically anything white. I was hoping to maintain my weight and did not mean to go on a diet....but in a little over four weeks I've lost close to 20 #'s.

I replaced bread with tortilla wraps. The side effect is that my stomach has shrunk and I eat less. A somewhat painless diet. When I was in Florida at a shoot a pard gave me a wrap with peanut butter and Nutella (a chocolate hazel nut flavor spread) and I loved it and now I eat that for lunch. (thanks CC)

At any rate I wanted to share that cutting out bread and tators makes a difference. ....

KK

Good for you.

About half the calories in Nutella and more than half in Peanut butter are from fats. However it's hard to generalize about peanut butter because many brands remove the peanut oil and replace it with a cheaper oil so they are all a bit different.

As most of you know I've been flat on the back for a month now with sciatic problems. At the onset I decided I didn't want to gain weight due to inactivity.....so I cut out eating bread and potatoes.....basically anything white. I was hoping to maintain my weight and did not mean to go on a diet....but in a little over four weeks I've lost close to 20 #'s.

I replaced bread with tortilla wraps. The side effect is that my stomach has shrunk and I eat less. A somewhat painless diet. When I was in Florida at a shoot a pard gave me a wrap with peanut butter and Nutella (a chocolate hazel nut flavor spread) and I loved it and now I eat that for lunch. (thanks CC)

At any rate I wanted to share that cutting out bread and tators makes a difference. ....

KK

Life is not worth living without bread and potatoes! I lost 30 lbs., I still eat bread and potatoes but just cut down on my portions. To each his own. :)

Rye

Portion control is important.

I used to bicycle a lot. I often did from 100 to 200 miles in a day .My best was 332 miles in 24 hours. To do that I ate a lot. When I cut back on cycling, I didn't cut back on eating. Bad idea, of course, I gained weight.

Now I am watching my food intake, cycling again but not as intensely. I am down over 40 lbs from my high weight.

I cut out beer, chips, cheese. I don't buy bread because it spoils before I can eat it all, and if it doesn't spoil it has more preservatives than I want to think about.

I thought you were gonna say you lost your mind and that somehow that equated to 19 pounds :lol::P

Anyway, good for you!

Thanks FB...you're probably the only one that would credit me with that size a brain....lol.

kk

I don't buy bread because it spoils before I can eat it all, and if it doesn't spoil it has more preservatives than I want to think about.

I buy good whole grain bread, but since the kids moved out long ago, a loaf of bread is a lot. The simple solution is to keep it in the freezer.

I lost fifteen pounds in 24 hours once. Got food poisoning. I don't recommend it as a weight-loss solution. :blink:

I'm going out of this world the same way I came in..... Bald! Fat! And toothless.....

Still got my teeth.....

I'm going out of this world the same way I came in..... Bald! Fat! And toothless.....

Still got my teeth.....

That's funny right there.....still got my teeth and my hair is getting sparse. Pleased with the weight loss. Once I hit 65 I started slowly gaining and it gets tougher to lose the older we get. Now, I have to be able to maintain it.....if so, I'll have to get my rigs resized a bit.

KK

KK

Sounds like you're working your way into a Paleo diet. Converting from being a carbo-holic to a meat eater. Once you turn ketogenic it's good - no sugar cravings and no desire for grains, grasses and starchy food. Lost 18 pounds myself, and drop my triglycerides from 200 to 100 in 6 months or so. Get rid of the inflammatory foods and life is so much better.

Shadow Catcher

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life
Lost over 19 pounds kinda by accident

I think I have a lady friend that accidentally found it.

ts

I've been on several diets for ten-fifteen years - and gained 40 pounds.

Disgusted with myself when I couldn't get into my "fat suit" I tried the Paleo Diet. Why We Get Fat

Low carbs - high protein, and bacon. Mmmmm bacon.

Since April 1st 2012 (no kidding) I'm down about 28 pounds and never been hungry.

Still got my teeth.....

yup - just had a wonderful loaded baked potato and a wood grilled bacon wrapped filet...

But I do alot of swimming too....:rolleyes:

gotta equalize I reckon LOL!

anyway, good on KK...he's a cool cat and I wish him well! Heck, wanna shoot in his IBPG shoot again next year!! :lol:

I owe him and Ivory Jack some good Irish Whisky!!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Most weight that I ever lost was over a 22 month span. I went from 185 to 135....

I was in Viet Nam and being scared, dysentery and bad food will do that to you..... Couldn't keep it down or in towards the end...

Archived