SASS Wire Forum

I got Geraldine working!

Dorado

Well, I spent the day working on one of my projects, a 1943 Willys MB (jeep) I've dubbed Geraldine. I've been having problems with the carb but I think I got it figured out. I managed to get her up and running and managed to take her for a drive around the neighborhood. I think she liked the new tires. Hopefully I can have her all dressed up and pretty soon. She's all kinds of fun.

Take a look!

Well, I spent the day working on one of my projects, a 1943 Willys MB (jeep) I've dubbed Geraldine. I've been having problems with the carb but I think I got it figured out. I managed to get her up and running and managed to take her for a drive around the neighborhood. I think she liked the new tires. Hopefully I can have her all dressed up and pretty soon. She's all kinds of fun.

Take a look!

I used to be an MVPA member. Very cool!

Sweet! Capt. Lee Bishop is probably turning green right now.

I am. ;):lol:

Very nice Dorado!

Even nicer that you named her after my mom! :FlagAm:

Hey Uno, I know where you can get a '48 Willy's very cheap.

Why is every fiber of my body screaming; "Run Away!"?

Okay, where? And just how cheap? And is what condition? I spent a summer helping a buddy put a V-6 into a 50's? Willy's. Never again.

And when you going to come shoot with us again? B)

Okay, where? And just how cheap? And is what condition? I spent a summer helping a buddy put a V-6 into a 50's? Willy's. Never again.

We could go in together and work on it as an "us" project :wub::wub::wub::D

It is parked on a trailer near where I live. The guy offered it to me for $500.00. The body is off the frame. The engine is the "L" (not a flat head) with the one set of valves on top. Looks like the front fenders are fiberglass but the tub etc. is the original steel.

The engine has a new looking alternator, but I haven't seen it run. Story is that it was running, the previous owner took the body off to start the renovation then he died.

I've been sorely tempted many times by it! But I decided to get a motorcycle instead.

Let me know if you want more information on it and I'll see what I can do for you.

SSSSSHHHHHH! I am saving money for .30 carbine ammo!

It is parked on a trailer near where I live. The guy offered it to me for $500.00. The body is off the frame. The engine is the "L" (not a flat head) with the one set of valves on top. Looks like the front fenders are fiberglass but the tub etc. is the original steel.

The engine has a new looking alternator, but I haven't seen it run. Story is that it was running, the previous owner took the body off to start the renovation then he died.

I've been sorely tempted many times by it! But I decided to get a motorcycle instead.

Let me know if you want more information on it and I'll see what I can do for you.

Uno Mas, clearly you have chosen wisely!

We could go in together and work on it as an "us" project :wub::wub::wub::D

$500?? Wow!

A guy in town here had a '53 that was running (barely) had a replacement buick engine and a lot of body condition issues. He wanted $2200! I think he sold it for $2000.

If in fact that is an alternator, that tells me somedangbody has converted the electric system to 12 v. That Willys OEM ele. is 6v, and used a generator.

LG

If in fact that is an alternator, that tells me somedangbody has converted the electric system to 12 v. That Willys OEM ele. is 6v, and used a generator.

LG

That's my assumption as well. Lends a little credence to the engine being running, body is off for restoration story.

LG

But for 5 hunnert bucks I'd snap it up. :)

Glad Y'all like her. Right now she's still a work in progress. I'm looking to put a rack under the windshield and a scabbard on the side. Eventually I'll have a .30 cal machine gun mounted in the back. But til then I'm still trying to get her looking good. I need to replace the front floorboard and the "tail gate", I've got some engine work to do and I'm still trying to find an original grill. The grill that I'm using is off of a cj. The one I need the headlights are mounted behind it.

I did have her in the Veteran's Day parade here, along with another WWII jeep. I'd like to do more but until I get everything looking good I'm stuck keeping her at a distance.

What'll make ya mad is what I paid for her. $300. But I've dropped at least another $6000 under the hood and probably another 3-4000 left to go. I've been collecting parts and things for quite a while when I can afford them. I've probably have enough parts to power another jeep. I know I have at least one other engine and transmission, and a couple of axles and maybe another transfer case. I have so many parts between my projects it's hard to remember what goes with what.

Ethan, I didn't mean to name her after your mom. But if you're mom's anything like my jeep, then she's one hell of a gal.

Archived