SASS Wire Forum

Triple T

Back 40 #23910 L

Our good friend and pard, Triple T passed yesterday, May 30th. At this time, no arrangements are known.

Barb and I had the great fortune of visiting with him last Monday. It brought a smile to his face when we talked about the great times we had cowboy shooting together over the years.

I will follow with more info when known.

So sorry to hear of this.. Triple T was a great cowboy..

Prayers for his wife and his family...

Rance & Lacey

Keep us posted Back 40

I agree with Mose..

kinda been a hollow spot around the shoots he always attended.

T was a talented individual . Anyone that has one of his loading strips can testify to that . Also when he wanted a gun cart , he looked at what others were using and promptly built a collapsible unit from aluminum that would make a rocket scientist proud . Ride on my friend , you will be missed. Lowdown Highwall

I got wind of this yesterday from Dapper Dan....

Prayers, Up!

T will be greatly missed by all who knew him. I knew T for 30 plus years, long before either of us started cowboy shooting. It was an honor to have known him and I am proud to call him my friend.

Rest in peace my friend

As others have said, I was already missing him at matches that he normally attended.

He was one of those cowboys that was always smiling regardless of his position in the standings, or conditions on the range.

Via con Dios T.

Smoke

Didn't know triple T, but it sounds like I missed a real cowboy.

RIP, T.

Prayers up.

I was taken by surprise when I read about TTT's passing; was so hoping that everything was going to get better after his surgery.

I've known Tom for years; he was funny and generous; I'll miss him.

Prayers and good wishes to Kay and his family.

Just watched one of my old videos where I RO'd TTT at his very first Cowboy Shoot at the ol' Nason Mines.

Still have the marble he gave me.

RIP friend.

Visitation will be from 4 pm to 8 pm on Friday June 1st. at Elias, Kallal & Schaaf Funeral Home in Godfrey, Il. Funeral Services will be at 10 AM on Saturday, June 2 at the funeral home.

Elias, Kallal & Schaaf Funeral Home

Godfrey Funeral Home

1313 Delmar Street

Godfrey, IL 62035

Phone: 618-466-3573

Fax: 618-466-5497

Also, here is Kay's home address if anyone wants to send a card:

Kay Ellington ( Kalico Kay)

3633 E. Doerr St.

Alton, IL 62002

Also forgot to mention, Kay requests those visiting to dress cowboy for the visitation.

This is sad news. The few times I was blessed to shoot with him it was a lot of fun. He was a good man...

My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Another very sad loss to our sport and to American engineering.

I know only a few things about TTT, but at the top of my list would be his generosity to the sport and his fellow shooters.

If you wanted to know what cowboy action shooting should be all about, all you'd have to do is follow TTT around and do what he was doing - very fun, very generous, and could always make you have a good time and put a smile on your face. We had lots of great times with TTT - RIP T - you will be greatly missed.

Shamrock Sis and T.A. Spurs

Sad news indeed. I've had the good fortune to get to know, and shoot with Triple T over the last 4 years, and enjoyed his humor and cowboy spirit very much. He always had something funny to say. That can never be replaced. The Cowboy Action Shooting light will never be quite as bright without him.

Vaya con Dios Compadre,

Ringo & Buffy

A True Friend is now missing from our campfire. he was a great friend and compadre. I miss him. But,

I will see and think of him each and every day, thru the pictures on my desk and the stories in my mine,

that will make me smile and laugh outloud. I'm sure we will rise our glasses on high each time a group of

his pard's n pardette's get together.

He was one to ride the river with.

Prayers Up ^i^

His Memory will never fade.

Sad fact of life as we are all getting into that age bracket.

It doesn't make it any easier losing a loved one...

I have had the privilege of having Triple T as one of my traveling pards for the past ten years. We’ve shot together at matches from Minnesota to Louisiana and Kentucky to Oklahoma with great fun and frivolity during those years. As you will see in this tribute to him, he touched many lives and we will always remember him. To borrow from the King of the Cowboys, happy trails to you until we meet again save a spot on your next posse for me.

On Saturday, August 18, 2012 (which would have been his 64th birthday) the McLean County Peacemaker’s match in Bloomington, Illinois will be dedicated to our friend. We invite each and every one of you who has known Tom to attend our match.

Taquila Tab, I want to thank you for that tribute, that shows how much fun he had and he will be missed for sure by family and a slew of friends, I know I didn't know him personally but have met him a few times and it was a joy to be on his posse

All for now JD Trampas

Archived