SASS Wire Forum

Spring house shopping ....

Deja Vous

If all goes well here I hope to shop for my own place again in the spring. I love log cabins, not happening here in CA.. lol.. So, then I considered my second choice, a craftsma home. Something smaller, with a nice garage with a workshop to reload in. And spaces to draw again, sew again maybe even go back to the industial machine and really sew.. loll... A little home... with a HUGE G ARAGE.. lol

Growing up in a huge old victorian farmhome I froze in Northern Illinois souther WI and SD. So, while I have lived in a lot of large homes, the smaller home has been cozy to me. The farm house was full of love, laughter, work, and the smells of cooking filled the rooms, cooking for all of us had to be a mess.. lol The walls of a huge home now echo with the emptyness of my siblings... maybe that is the reason, don't know.. maybe I get lost easy.. lol

So, craftsman home or ranch home? The ranch you get more bang for your buck, the craftsman you get quality and style.. Ah... what is your favorite type of home? And is it a large home or large shop that you prefer? Gosh, maybe a barn home? lol

If we ever get our current place on the market and sold, I'll be looking for a big garage with a decent sized ranch house attached. I want the garage to be big enough for cars and woodworking tools, with a room in the house for a gun and reloading space.

Miz Grizz thinks a fixer upper would be fun, I think someplace move in ready that needs at most a coat of paint is better.

If we ever get our current place on the market and sold, I'll be looking for a big garage with a decent sized ranch house attached. I want the garage to be big enough for cars and woodworking tools, with a room in the house for a gun and reloading space.

Miz Grizz thinks a fixer upper would be fun, I think someplace move in ready that needs at most a coat of paint is better.

I have done a drive by on a few, but I love the craftsman style .. hard to find the garage.. but then I am cheap and I wante little and cheap... and warm.. lol

If all goes well here I hope to shop for my own place again in the spring. I love log cabins, not happening here in CA.. lol.. So, then I considered my second choice, a craftsma home. Something smaller, with a nice garage with a workshop to reload in. And spaces to draw again, sew again maybe even go back to the industial machine and really sew.. loll... A little home... with a HUGE G ARAGE.. lol

Growing up in a huge old victorian farmhome I froze in Northern Illinois souther WI and SD. So, while I have lived in a lot of large homes, the smaller home has been cozy to me. The farm house was full of love, laughter, work, and the smells of cooking filled the rooms, cooking for all of us had to be a mess.. lol The walls of a huge home now echo with the emptyness of my siblings... maybe that is the reason, don't know.. maybe I get lost easy.. lol

So, craftsman home or ranch home? The ranch you get more bang for your buck, the craftsman you get quality and style.. Ah... what is your favorite type of home? And is it a large home or large shop that you prefer? Gosh, maybe a barn home? lol

So buy a huge house and move into the garage...Problem fix...

Yeah, cheap is a big factor for us too.

Well, there is nothing wrong with cheap, as long as it has a great workshop lol

So buy a huge house and move into the garage...Problem fix...

TL: you know everything.. lol.. Opps. wait my car will not fit thru a house door.. but I could fix that.. sell the car, get a truck, put it in 4wheel drive and make a new door.. lol

Trying to save up for our first house. I our budget is definitely below cheap. The rent we are paying would pay a mortgage more than double are price range though so hopefully we can find a place and a way to get it.

Personally I like either small house with huge barn/shed or huge Victorian house. My dream houses are a one room cabin or an irish castle. Kinda opposite extremes

Well, if shopping for a house, the first thing I would look for is if it has a roof.

Roof is #1. It rains a lot here. :D

Oh, cool.... a metal roof would be great.. I love the sound of rain on the roof... and rain chains...

TL: you know everything.. lol.. Opps. wait my car will not fit thru a house door.. but I could fix that.. sell the car, get a truck, put it in 4wheel drive and make a new door.. lol

Find one with a three car garage...You have two, car has one...Problem fixed, again...Deja you need to think out of the box...

Texas Lizard

Trying to save up for our first house. I our budget is definitely below cheap. The rent we are paying would pay a mortgage more than double are price range though so hopefully we can find a place and a way to get it.

Personally I like either small house with huge barn/shed or huge Victorian house. My dream houses are a one room cabin or an irish castle. Kinda opposite extremes

you just put a whole new meaning to "kinda" lol.... It is fun looking, and interesting.. I have been in some interesting areas of town .. lol.. oh my gosh..

Oh, cool.... a metal roof would be great.. I love the sound of rain on the roof... and rain chains...

Now you are getting kinky.

Rain on a tin roof is comforting on a dark rainy night. But, and there is always a but, you will also need walls and a fire place. Lights might be good too.

We've got yur "craftsman" / "ranch home" for ya right hear,.... :huh: Shooting range right out yur door,... :) Outouse under construction presently . . . ;)

... . .when are ya moving in ????..... :P

Yes . . . just right for Deja Vous . . . and cheap too . . . at only $ 24,250 :o

. . . . did I missplace a decimal point some whur . . . . . :P

Deja, we're kinda partial to log homes, also - we're currently living in our second one. Our first one was in far East Tennessee on forty acres, with a two acre pond. It was in a town with a population of 212 folks, twenty minutes from the nearest traffic signal of any kind and forty-five minutes from the nearest Wally World or supermarket :D . We had horses, cows, deer, wild turkey, bobcats, coyotes and bear.

Now we've got another log home on nine acres in central Tennessee, almost down on the Alabama state line.

Happy Cow Farm

Reckon we might stay here a bit, if our health holds. <_<

Fixerupper sounds a whole lot better than it plays. I did the same house twice with 28 years between attempts. First attempt took 3 years to complete. Second about a year. Me doing all the work.

Had a new one built 6 years ago and will burn the mortgage next month.

Yea!

Well, if shopping for a house, the first thing I would look for is if it has a roof.

Roof is #1. It rains a lot here. :D

NO! In Washington? Say it isn't so.

I spent some time in Seattle area and whatever didn't mildew or mold, rusted or washed away.

The only thing that made it all worthwhile was Ivar's Acres of Clams...and a little Japanese-Finnish girl I me up by the college.

Yes . . . just right for Deja Vous . . . and cheap too . . . at only $ 24,250 :o

I've spent time in hotels that weren't that big. Hell, I've even stayed in some towns that weren't that big

Deja, we're kinda partial to log homes, also - we're currently living in our second one. Our first one was in far East Tennessee on forty acres, with a two acre pond. It was in a town with a population of 212 folks, twenty minutes from the nearest traffic signal of any kind and forty-five minutes from the nearest Wally World or supermarket :D . We had horses, cows, deer, wild turkey, bobcats, coyotes and bear.

Now we've got another log home on nine acres in central Tennessee, almost down on the Alabama state line.

Happy Cow Farm

Reckon we might stay here a bit, if our health holds. <_<

Bama . . I'm partial to logs also. Mine. :) But for a place where I'm at next to White Horse Ranch I don't thing logs are the practical way to go. More old time "board & batten".

Now you are getting kinky.

Rain on a tin roof is comforting on a dark rainy night. But, and there is always a but, you will also need walls and a fire place. Lights might be good too.

I need all that stuff? Really?... darn..

We've got yur "craftsman" / "ranch home" for ya right hear,.... :huh: Shooting range right out yur door,... :) Outouse under construction presently . . . ;)

... . .when are ya moving in ????..... :P

Plumbing hooked up yet? lol

Heck whats in a little decimal?

Happy Cow Farm

Reckon we might stay here a bit, if our health holds. dry.gif

Wow very; cool.... Nice place.. but uh, does it come without the white stuff? lol...

Deja, what is a spring house anyways? Never heard of one before, but if ya are shopping for one, go for it gal.

A house on a spring? lol... I plan on moving back down the hill in the spring.. lol

What's am outouse? Is that French for outhouse?

I think it might be lol... How are ya anyhow?

We built our last house almost thirty years ago...and old-looking, three-dormer farm house with a big, covered front porch. One of the builders, on completion of the job, said, "I've been building homes for twenty years now, and this is the first time I've built a new home that looks a hundred years old." :)

Well, we sold that great place a few months ago and moved 800 miles away to another old-looking farmhouse style home. Seems to fit our way of life. Big country kitchen, wood floors, acreage for the animals, big garden, fruit trees, etc.

Whatever you decide upon, it will eventually feel like home, and like they say, "There's no place like home." :)

Archived