SASS Wire Forum

Unusual Concealed Carry

What is the most unusual/weird/obscure member of your C & R collection that you have found yourself packing?

Maybe a Grendel - Semmerling - Luger - Mauser Broomhandle - HK VP70 - ?????

Personally, I have concealed holsters for a Detonics Pocket 9, a Walther P-38 w/cut barrel and flash suppresor [Man From Uncle], a Broomhandle, and HK PSP.

But more often than not, it is a Detonics Combat 45 in the small of the back holster.

Professor Tull

I've carried both a 1908 Colt and a model 51 remington in IWB holsters (not both at the same time).

+1 on the COLT 1908....32 auto....nice and thin and easy to conceal tucked into the waistline.

KK

What is the most unusual/weird/obscure member of your C & R collection that you have found yourself packing?

Maybe a Grendel - Semmerling - Luger - Mauser Broomhandle - HK VP70 - ?????

Personally, I have concealed holsters for a Detonics Pocket 9, a Walther P-38 w/cut barrel and flash suppresor [Man From Uncle], a Broomhandle, and HK PSP.

But more often than not, it is a Detonics Combat 45 in the small of the back holster.

Professor Tull

My strangest - or rather most difficult, was a 7.5" barrel Ruger Blackhawk in .45, using IWB holster.

I want to build a Man From UNCLE P-38 real soon now - looking for a P-38 right now . . will convert and carry ASAP.

SC

+1 on the COLT 1908....32 auto....nice and thin and easy to conceal tucked into the waistline.

KK

KK, you might check that 1908 and find it's a .380 ACP. The 1903 Colt is the .32 ACP. Just sayin'

I've carried my little Beretta ..22 Minx .22 short or the Beretta .22 Bobcat .22 Long Rifle

Big Jake

Years ago, I packed an Interarms Virginia Dragoon, 7½-inch barrel, in .45 Colt. Carried it in an Uncle Mike's shoulder rig under my coat. The thing was built on a big, heavy-duty frame, so after carrying the thing for a while, I tended to list a little to port side.

In my grand dads things I found an old black jack that looked well used. The stitching was coming out and it was leaking shot. Never carried it though.

Anything in my small collection that might be worthy of this thread I have not carried.

Back in the day I did make a custom rifle rack for the seat back of my 71 mercury marquis.

A 1917 Smith and Wesson (carried IWB) is the strangest pistol I've ever used for concealed carry. What's really weird is I could conceal it back when I was in my mid 20's and weighed about 170.

I tend to do the unusual anyhow. My favorite concealed carry gun is a 5 shot DAO Rossi 720 .44 Special 5 shooter. My favorite semi auto is a Para P.13 but I end up using a Beretta Tomcat a lot due to the heat here in the South (although now that I've dropped 20 pounds, I find I can hide the Rossi much better year round).

Man From Uncle P-38

ShadowCatcher -

Here is a pic of the pistol and its holster.

Got one of the flash suppressors from a 'Man From Uncle' website - CUT OFF the part that was to thread INTO the barrel - drilled and tapped the suppressor for 9/16 X 40, and threaded the shortened barrel.

Also removed the front site, but will add one to the frame in the future.

Also took a set of wood grips and slimmed them down considerable - more comfortable for my smaller hands.

Tull

When I lived in AZ my favorite was my Blackhawk ruger, old gun.. but I loved it.. and I did a cheap little 22 derringer... One year I had them both in the truck with me in Apple Valley CA at St. Marys. I didn't think a thing about them being in my truck for my safety. I guess I don't get why you can't protect yourself.

Man From Uncle P-38

ShadowCatcher -

Here is a pic of the pistol and its holster.

Got one of the flash suppressors from a 'Man From Uncle' website - CUT OFF the part that was to thread INTO the barrel - drilled and tapped the suppressor for 9/16 X 40, and threaded the shortened barrel.

Also removed the front site, but will add one to the frame in the future.

Also took a set of wood grips and slimmed them down considerable - more comfortable for my smaller hands.

Tull

Nice - Like the look. Plan to get one of their flash hiders and grips, got a local 'smith who will cut and thread the bbl, mount the hider.

Have been told that the P5 mainspring helps clean up the trigger on the P-38.

On their site they show functioning pistols in video - that took me over the top . .

By this time next year I should be carrying one. BTW, check out MOB guns for some sexy shooters: Mob Guns

They've got a grey ghost I love: Grey Ghost

Ah . .so many guns, so little money . . . .

Shadow Catcher

Ruger Vaquero 7 1/2 inch in a leather shoulder holster. Not that unusual you say, did I forget to mention I was riding a mountain bike with shorts on? :lol: True story.

BSD

I used to have a little Derringer in a wallet holster. It was a DA. When the bad guy said "give me what you got in your wallet' all you had to do was pull the wallet, AIM and pull the trigger twice.

Sold that to get my first SASS rifle. Now I carry a 1911.

KK, you might check that 1908 and find it's a .380 ACP. The 1903 Colt is the .32 ACP. Just sayin'

I've carried my little Beretta ..22 Minx .22 short or the Beretta .22 Bobcat .22 Long Rifle

Big Jake

My bad....and my eyes aren't as good as they used to be....it is a 1903....had to look close, the 3 looked like an 8. You are right. I've always thought it was an 08. Thanks.. KK

Is this thread about carrying concealed AFTER CCW was legal in the state we live, or before??? :unsure:

Kevlar spike/hairbrush on an airplane, and a Schrade cilp-hanger in a biker/trucker wallet on an airplane,(even went through the carry-on scanner). Both pre-9-11 though.

Old Timer model 15 "Deerslayer" was/is a favorite for SD/CC.

Mostly carry my Norinco Tokarev in 9mm these days.

Bodine

Is this thread about carrying concealed AFTER CCW was legal in the state we live, or before??? :unsure:

Bodine

Of course no one here would intentionally violate a law or admit it on a public forum. That would be dumb.

Kinda what I thought, but sometimes after reading a few posts I gotta ask. ;)

Bodine

I qualified with and carried an Erma Baby Luger in 380 it was a neat little gun. I carried it just to aggravate the chief who hated jamamatics, but it was made like a Swiss watch. I would hate to think what it would cost to make today

Hmmm probably a 6" Smith model 25 in a shoulder rig under a bdu shirt. Got my Lt's attention when I stripped down to t-shirt for some work in the arms room during an emergency drill. And it was in 45Colt, which I used to reload in the arms room, not 45ACP.

Well for a while the oddest carry pistol for me was one of my 7.5" Remingtons. Then it was a converted (R&D) '58 Remington in .38. I guess the one that stsnds out though is a '60 Colt clone in 4 5/8" .44 cap'n'ball. Actually two of them in a double Huckleberry rig. :rolleyes:

Usually I'm satisfied to carry a P13/45 Para.

Archived