SASS Wire Forum

New season of Top Shot

owen judice

When they showed the new people at the end of last season I dont remember any. I have a friend try out but did not make it. Was a bummer. He would have been great on the show. Can not wait for it to start.

Painted Filly

They don't want no stinkin' cowboy shooters on their show, especially one of our top shooters. They need there to be competition and there's no fun in watching a runaway.

That seems to be true. I know one who tried out who would have smoked 'em.

Yes the one that I know of would have smoked 'em too. And he would have added drama which they seem to like too! :)

Painted Filly

Why can't someone tell the Producers of this show that Mounted shooters shoot Black powder BLANKS at balloons. I've got nothing against a mounted shooter that can run a 1000lb animal around an arena and still hang on and shoot, but how about someone who shoots LEAD, not BLANKS. It's not the same thing. Just sayin'

Big Jake

T Bone does good on foot are on a horse.

I got to witness first hand this past weekend what happens when cowboy shooters pick up semi-auto guns and and play with the fellers who shoot semi-autos all the time. It turns out that when you remove the need to cock hammers and lever rifles, the cowboys still know about target acquisition and pulling the trigger and can do so fast enough to put the fear of God cowboy into them. A particular cowboy beat everyone there shooting limited (iron sights) and the only one who managed to stay in front of the cowboy was shooting open (optics) class. Even at that, he barely beat the cowboy.

At the risk of cowboy arrogance, what we do is far more complex than what other shooting sports (that I'm aware of) do, so when you take out the levering, cocking and loading a shotgun on the clock, the basics of shooting are still there. All the focused energy that we've spent on the complex things can now be used on aim, pull trigger, aim, pull trigger. I believe this has been well demonstrated by Randi Rogers (Holy Terror) and Jessie Abbate (Jasmine Jessie), lady cowboy shooters who entered the world of professional shooters. I am of the opinion that if the top male shooters in our game pursued careers in professional shooting, we would see similar results.

Perhaps I'm giving the producers of Top Shot too much credit in recognizing that to put one of our "top shots" on the show would be like bringing Big Daddy Don Garlits to the local drag races. There'd be a puff of smoke and when it cleared the opponent(s) would still be waiting on the light.

top shot is a TV show

it requires "casting"

..........................to get the results they need for ratings (hence more $$)

when the right cowboy fits the casting call, I betcha they will cast them fer the part ;)

Being a superior shot with several different kinds of weapons may get one on the show , but would not guarantee the said shooter would still be around at the Finale. The show's format could get him/her nominated for elimination often.

I record the show and skip over most eveything except the actual shootin portion.

Be glad when it comes back on. Rex :D

Not worth it for me. The two minutes of shooting doesn't balance out the 58 minutes of drama and commercials. The shooting challenges are just going to keep getting more "extreme" (read 'stupid') and the drama will increase.

I know one of the guys. He is an RO from my club and a USPSA shooter that I have shot with. I did RO duty with him about a month ago and he told me some general information. Let me just say he didn't last and I know why :blink:

I am told there is another one from our club on the show that I don't know

Wyatt

Ah gots no idear how them producers decide whom they want, but it is possible that Cowboy shooters are too nice! A big part of the show seems to be the "reality" aspects of the negative interpersonal relationships. People would get bored with all the cowboys helping each other and rooting for each other. Cowboys wouldn't keep secrets or subterfuge they'd game the game collectively and let the talent chips fall where they may.

Just a thought.

I record it on the DVR, then fast forward through all the drama and adds.

I do want some of those exploding targets they use! What a hoot at the next shoot.

I know one of the guys. He is an RO from my club and a USPSA shooter that I have shot with. I did RO duty with him about a month ago and he told me some general information. Let me just say he didn't last and I know why :blink:

I am told there is another one from our club on the show that I don't know

Wyatt

And......Who?

First I am too mild mannered to make the show and I can barely hold a gun much less really shoot the way you need to just survive against all those professionals (remember Jay the golf instructor from last year). Most folks on that show need to have a strong personality and be able to stir the pot, and that's just not me......;)

And......Who?

First I am too mild mannered to make the show and I can barely hold a gun much less really shoot the way you need to just survive against all those professionals (remember Jay the golf instructor from last year). Most folks on that show need to have a strong personality and be able to stir the pot, and that's just not me......;)

Now that's funny :lol:

Maybe we can get you and Pike on the show at the same time.

If you watch the trailer it will fly out at cha ;)

Wyatt

I like Top Shot. Re commercials, I've found that the best way to watch it is on the History Channel website. Takes about 1/2 to 2/3 of the time, cause no commercials. Great way to watch it!

Video clip at History website introduces the season 3 'cast'

I like the shooting and competition aspects of the show, but the interpersonal drama annoys me to the point that I don't go out of my way to watch.

Grizz

I'm with you Dave. Never watch the show when it airs, always send it to the DVR and watch it later - next day or later that night - so I can skip the non-gun parts. If I want to watch a soap opera there is plenty on day time TV. The who hates who, the intregue and drama is more than useless to me, it's depressing. Just goes to show that pulling a trigger has nothing to do with the character of the person holding the gun.

Archived