SASS Wire Forum

Boy, I'm lost now.

Came up with a menu for supper tonigh of garlic chicken. What to have with it?

Maybe some icecream. Yeah, but what else. Just thinking out loud here folks.

Perhaps somekind of rice dish. Rice pilaf? :blink:

A rice dish is the first thing that came to my mind.

Ditto. Maybe a nice pilaf. Or orzo pasta dressed with olive oil and italian herbs. And a vegetable blend, green beans, wax beans, carrots, some slivered almonds in a browned butter sauce.

Other thing, if the garlic chicken has a lot of sauce, serve it over a bed of couscous, and again with the mixed veg on the side.

Pair it with a crisp Reisling or Gewrtztraminer.

Came up with a menu for supper tonight of garlic chicken. What to have with it?

Maybe some ice cream. Yeah, but what else. Just thinking out loud here folks.

Perhaps some kind of rice dish. Rice pilaf? :blink:

Brown rice and a vegetable dish>

My choice would be mushrooms (White and Crimini) with green and one other color bell peppers, onions (any kind) and snow peas. Cook them with Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a bit of soy sauce. About when these are done add sliced portabello mushrooms until they start to darkened some from the oil, vinegar, soy sauce mixture. Don;t for get ta add garlic!

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

I was thinkin a nice Pinot Grigio.

That's just how I think. :unsure:

A Southern country boy says pinto beans and cornbread, maybe some collard greens and a nice slice of pecan pie fer dessert.... :D

Well, in spite of the culinary insight of this thread, I made dinner.

Chili cheese dogs - bread, dog, cheese, chili with beans, onions, more cheese.

Times two with some carrot cake mom sent home with me for dessert. That will keep my belly button from rubbin my backbone. Not that it's in any danger of it, but...

Hows about Brussels sprouts in butter, or Broccoli and cheese, or maybe asparagus.

~EE Taft~

Actually, I tried a new recipe for garlic chicken tonight. It was good but not 5 star. Let me just say that my taste preferences and my wife's are not on the same plane. Or should I say plate.

I will mess with it, :lol: :lol: I made a funny, until I can get to my taste. I am thinking that a good cheese potato or noodle casarole with a vegetable medley would be good. Of course there are some great ideas here. Perhaps saute some roons and onions. But that is for another day. Lent is coming. Hmmmmmm.

Actually, I tried a new recipe for garlic chicken tonight. It was good but not 5 star. Let me just say that my taste preferences and my wife's are not on the same plane. Or should I say plate.

I will mess with it, :lol: :lol: I made a funny, until I can get to my taste. I am thinking that a good cheese potato or noodle casarole with a vegetable medley would be good. Of course there are some great ideas here. Perhaps saute some roons and onions. But that is for another day. Lent is coming. Hmmmmmm.

Garlic Chicken....

Garlic Pickles....

PHEW !!!! :wacko:

DANG.....Dats why dis saloon smell funny !!! :blink:

Hows about Brussels sprouts in butter, or Broccoli and cheese, or maybe asparagus.

~EE Taft~

My Word.... Like , Gag me wif a spoon !!!:wacko:

Imma headin ta LBL's place! That sounds real good to me!

Me too !!!

I'll bring da "Bulliet" !!;)

~EE Taft~

Broccoli and cheese sauce, ok, those other two? :P:huh::blink::wacko: I'd rather drink a raw egg, wait, I did that the other day, not bad at all, well, I just won't eat that other stuff.

Came up with a menu for supper tonigh of garlic chicken. What to have with it?

Maybe some icecream. Yeah, but what else. Just thinking out loud here folks.

Perhaps somekind of rice dish. Rice pilaf? :blink:

Rice does sound good, so does a great litle salad or a side of steaming veggies... now I am hungry..

Brown rice and a vegetable dish>

My choice would be mushrooms (White and Crimini) with green and one other color bell peppers, onions (any kind) and snow peas. Cook them with Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a bit of soy sauce. About when these are done add sliced portabello mushrooms until they start to darkened some from the oil, vinegar, soy sauce mixture. Don;t for get ta add garlic!

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

BMCs I have tasted his cooking and he is a great cook.. you may want to try this one.....

~EE Taft~

BMC's like Tofu, with his meals.. lol

I am on a low or no sodium diet so some of that stuff sounds off limits. Had chicken, rice and gravey tonight. Washed it down with some Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, low sodium variety.

I am on a low or no sodium diet so some of that stuff sounds off limits. Had chicken, rice and gravey tonight. Washed it down with some Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, low sodium variety.

Baby brother Willies please send me some recipes.. I have this feeling I will be on that low sodium diet too.. does Bourbon cut the salt? lol

Archived