SASS Wire Forum

Boy, I'm lost now.

That is monkey food, Grizz.

Grape leaves and Tofu!

Garlic chicken! Make a roux, add chicken, garlic, and a bit of flour/water to make a gravy. Add one teaspoon of red pepper and 1/4 stick of real butter. Simmer for one hour in a covered skillet. Use a colander to capture chicken and throw it the hell away. Start over and use crawfish. Pour over rice and eat till you can't move.

That sounds like a keeper. Thanks JJJ and Deja.

Well it is hard to beat beer as a side dish.. lol..... So I give up.. think I will go eat my garlic.. lol

Ditto. Maybe a nice pilaf. Or orzo pasta dressed with olive oil and italian herbs. And a vegetable blend, green beans, wax beans, carrots, some slivered almonds in a browned butter sauce.

Other thing, if the garlic chicken has a lot of sauce, serve it over a bed of couscous, and again with the mixed veg on the side.

Pair it with a crisp Reisling or Gewrtztraminer.

I wanna go home with you!

Well, children, after last night, I have decided to treat my lovely wife to a sumptous meal tonight.

My first choice was asparagus with prosciutto and Neufchatel cheese.

But then my attention turned to a nice beef medallion in a red wine sauce with sauted mushrooms and onions.

Or perhaps pork chops stuffed with crab meat and red potatoes fried in olive oil with basil.

Hmmmm

Of course cheese cake for dessert.

wye duz ya torture yerself...we awl know yull be headin' ta Mickey D's fer a couple a Value meals. :rolleyes:

Not tonight, Bobb.

We found a can of Campbell's Pork and Beans in the back of the panty and a coupla hot dogs in the back of the freezer.

Sumptuous dining at it's very best.

Not tonight, Bobb.

We found a can of Campbell's Pork and Beans in the back of the panty and a coupla hot dogs in the back of the freezer.

Sumptuous dining at it's very best.

Chop up and fry some bacon, add some chopped onions, the sliced hot dogs, then the beans, a bit of brown sugar, ketchup, mustard, and a shot of bourbon. Serve with biscuits or cornbread.

My suggestion for that dinner:

Throw away the beans and hot dogs, and soak the cornbread in the bourbon.

Ooooo....and then slather with honey-butter.

(or save the honey-butter for later..nudge, nudge)

Charlie...and all you other Saloonatics (acs)...My coworker let me taste his lunch the other day (leftovers from the night before)and I'm about to bestow upon you the bestest dern chicken breast receipe in this here entire world...seriously. It's so simple it's scary.

3 or 4 skinless half chicken breasts (you'll WANT leftovers)

1/3 cup mayo

1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese

Chopped fresh oregano or the dried and bottled oregano it's up to you.

This is sooo simple...mix the mayo and grated cheese together (use equal amounts of each for however much you need)

Don't even think about using Kraft grated cheese (or any other pre-grated and packaged cheese). Get a wedge of good fresh parmesan cheese and grate it yourself. Trust me...there is a WORLD of difference.

Salt and pepper the chicken to taste and then slather the mixture on top of the chicken and sprinkle oregano to taste on the chicken and throw uncovered in the oven at 350° for 45-50 minutes.

Turn the broiler on and brown the cheese for the last 10 minutes or so and enjoy.

I made a really simple recipe sound complicated so just remember...

Chicken

equal amounts of mayo and grated parmesan cheese mixed together

salt and pepper to taste

cover chicken with mayo/cheese mix

sprinkle oregano to taste

cook for an hour at 350°

I can't believe that I'm just now hearing about this great and simple recipe.

I sure hope somebody else finds out how good it is.

Cascade Charlie

Archived