SASS Wire Forum

New TV show - Sons of Guns

Utah Bob #35998

Anybody watch it? :rolleyes:

I liked the CSA cannon (although it didn't really blow up that shed)

Anybody watch it? :rolleyes:

I liked the CSA cannon (although it didn't really blow up that shed)

I know the guy who runs that shop. That is a local shop here in Louisiana in Baton Rouge. He builds mostly Fully Automatic AK variant guns. He does conversions on the Saiga rifles and shotguns also. One cool thing he came up with is a 12 gage saiga-12 suppressor.

He has been giving us locals a sneak peek on the show for the last few weeks. I didnt catch the show tonight but have it on my DVR. I'll watch it tomorrow.

Yeah Bob, I've been watchin it.....it's a lot like American Chopper....they make short term deadlines that create tension, etc. They use the daughter as the "Tuttle Senior Type" to scream and raise hell....but, I am enjoying watching it.

KK

I know the guy who runs that shop. That is a local shop here in Louisiana in Baton Rouge. He builds mostly Fully Automatic AK variant guns. He does conversions on the Saiga rifles and shotguns also. One cool thing he came up with is a 12 gage saiga-12 suppressor.

He has been giving us locals a sneak peek on the show for the last few weeks. I didnt catch the show tonight but have it on my DVR. I'll watch it tomorrow.

They showed the suppressed Saiga. $2500.00

And a 12/ga/M-16 door breacher for the local SWAT team.

They showed the suppressed Saiga. $2500.00

And a 12/ga/M-16 door breacher for the local SWAT team.

I seen a few of the sneak peeks that he was showing on a local forum. He converted one of my Saiga-12 shotguns a while back. Really a fun gun to shoot.

I'll check out the show tomorrow. Tonight.....im going to bed.

Yall have a good one.

And it looks like Louisiana is a "fun gun" State to live in unlike California. What a bunch of neat toys you can own over there. Smithy.

Watched it last night. It is on my to watch list. Like others said, it is in the pattern of the new reality shows, but much better than Oprah.

Just the view from my rocking horse

McKenzie

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

I watched part of it, it looked pretty good. But it raised a question with my non shooting spouse who cant understand the difference between silencers and suppressors.

Watched it - both episodes. Really liked watching the 1862 cannon being used. Just shows ta go ya that well taken care of firearms will last a looooonnnng time. Looks like a promising series. Beats the heck outta what's on other channels.

Fingers (Now that's the way to make smoke) McGee

Well thanks Bob!!

Hadn't heard of this show :angry:

Went to the web site http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/sons-of-guns-red-jacket-welcome.html

Watched 6 or 8 shorts...cool!!

I like this guy!!!

Now were did I put that TV guide?????

BH :D

I watched part of it, it looked pretty good. But it raised a question with my non shooting spouse who cant understand the difference between silencers and suppressors.

No difference really, Some people call them silencers and some call them suppressors. In actuality they are suppressors because the suppress the sound. They dont actually "silence" them. Silencer is more of a slang term used.

I enjoyed both episodes. Anything that promotes gun ownership is good PR. It was great that gun enthusiasts were shown in a positive light working with police. Many of the people I teach with don't understand why a normal intelligent person likes to shoot.

Watched it last night. Not bad. Really like Will's daughter though.

Pretty old equipment in the shop. Had to replace the phase converter on the milling machine. Saw some work being done with a Dremel tool. Hope it brings the shop some business.

If they showed up at my door ,i wouldn't know wether to shoot 'em' or shake thier hands :blink:

I BRUNG US SOME DINEY MITE.UHhh huck huck huck huck :lol:

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/gunclickrick/?action=view&current=cindy003.mp4

Watched it last night. Not bad. Really like Will's daughter though.

Pretty old equipment in the shop. Had to replace the phase converter on the milling machine. Saw some work being done with a Dremel tool. Hope it brings the shop some business.

That's what I noticed. Lots of dremel and hand drill work apparently without any computer generated designs or engineering.

Of course many fine guns were manufactured back in the day without computers.

Frankly,and practically speaking, there is absolutely NO difference between suppressor and silencer..NONE

Just ask any of the major Silenccer manufacturers..I am a Gemtech Technologies Dealer and they use the term interchangeably.

I watched both episodes last night. I like the firearm aspect but the "canned drama" reality part I can do without. Why can't they just act normal instead of the bad acting, drives me crazy.

Just my view,

JEL

That's what I noticed. Lots of dremel and hand drill work apparently without any computer generated designs or engineering.

Of course many fine guns were manufactured back in the day without computers.

That's what got me to wondering about the one gun(s) he made up (the master key), how was he going to replicate it 8 more times since basically it was a one off construction with Dremel and hand tools? Is he going to do the same for the rest of the order? or Is he going to make up some jigs to somewhat standardize the gun to make the guns somewhat consistent? Smithy.

• 2 weeks later...

I've started watching it and enjoy it. While the canned drama is a bit comical (he he, not ha ha) sometimes, a show about guns being a good thing....is a good thing.

Canned drama: A couple shows up to buy a handgun for the woman's personal protection. The woman likes the gun. The man is afraid of guns. The owner (can't remember is name) essentially sends them on their way and says sometimes it's better not to waste anybody's time. To me, the woman appeared to be the boss of the family and I found it hard to imagine that she'd let that wimpy man stop her from buying herself a gun. What did this have to do with manufacturing super light AR 15's and supressed AK 47's?

For those of you who don't know, PIC = person in charge.

Every time my wifes says to one of our friends that she's the person in charge I ALMOST retort that I'm the person really in charge. Haven't actually said that out loud yet, just don't think it would come out in my favor. :angry:

Every time my wifes says to one of our friends that she's the person in charge I ALMOST retort that I'm the person really in charge. Haven't actually said that out loud yet, just don't think it would come out in my favor. :angry:

You're a smart man, Slim! :lol:

Well, I have watched them all so far and will continue ONLY becuase it's a firearms show on TV. The canned humor and drama is bad enough, but the daughter trying to be the "tough boss" is an absolute joke. No-one on the show can shoot worth a damn, their range is maybe 25 rds if that and they're awful. When the daughter shoots she looks afraid and very inexperienced every time. Then they make her up to be some great firearms guru, it's laughable. Thier firearm, especially muzzle, safety is also very bad. Hopefully, it will get better.

Just my view,

JEL

I've started watching it and enjoy it. While the canned drama is a bit comical (he he, not ha ha) sometimes, a show about guns being a good thing....is a good thing.

Canned drama: A couple shows up to buy a handgun for the woman's personal protection. The woman likes the gun. The man is afraid of guns. The owner (can't remember is name) essentially sends them on their way and says sometimes it's better not to waste anybody's time. To me, the woman appeared to be the boss of the family and I found it hard to imagine that she'd let that wimpy man stop her from buying herself a gun. What did this have to do with manufacturing super light AR 15's and supressed AK 47's?

I guess they were trying to illustrate that Will, the owner, is a responsible firearms dealer who won't sell to someone he thinks will not be safe with a gun.

Maybe next some Mexican fellers will come in and want to buy some assault rifles and hand grenades. :lol:

Yeah Bob, I've been watchin it.....it's a lot like American Chopper....they make short term deadlines that create tension, etc. They use the daughter as the "Tuttle Senior Type" to scream and raise hell....but, I am enjoying watching it.

KK

================================================

If it becomes like American Chopper, with so much conflict, screaming, yelling and cussing that the guns get pushed into the background like the bikes did on AC, that's when I quit watching it.

Archived