SASS Wire Forum

Don't carry here signs......

Deacon Will

Even better, go into store inquiring about purchasing their products or fill up a shopping cart full of stuff. Check out and pay for it. Then "notice" their sign and leave or return items

If you have a concealed carry permit, go ahead and carry your LEGAL firearm into their establishment, and tell them where they can stick it.

Don't ask. Don't tell. Nobody's bizness.

If your piece is concealed, no one need ever know. Unless you need it to deal with some goblin(s). If the balloon goes up, a silly little sign will be the least of your concerns.

The bad guys pay no attention to the signs, we shouldn't either.

I'm not sure about Georgia, but in ND, I have only seen one sign on a business, and I just don't go there-period.

In ND, if the business posts a sign on the entraces for no firearms, and you enter armed, you're in violation of the terms of the permit. The only exception is law enforcement. Different is every state, I imagine.

In Texas,

For a store owner, Etc., to prohibit carry in an otherwise legal establishment or place, they MUST post a sign at the front door, approx. 24 inches by 36 inches, Using 1 inch block letters stating their prohibition in exactly the proper wording, and in both English and Spanish. Any other mode or wording of any kind, carries no validity, and can legally be ignored.

For this reason, most stores that do object to carring on their premises, don't post the signs due to their huge size and offensive, (to most), message. Additionally, they get bombarded with angry letters and comments, so just not rattling the bushes becomes the best way to go.

RBK

In ND, if the business posts a sign on the entraces for no firearms, and you enter armed, you're in violation of the terms of the permit. The only exception is law enforcement. Different is every state, I imagine.

Same here in Ohio.

Funny, we get the CCW permit because we have demonstrated ourselves to be Law abiding citizens, finger printed and card carrying exemptees of the brady check, but a significant number of us seem to be hell bent on illegally carrying into posted establishments. Am I missing something here?

There is no provision in Georgia law to allow a business to post a sign keeping firearms out. They can tell you to leave for any number of reasons including carrying a firearm but it must be on an individual basis. Even then, it's not a violation of the carry permit. It's Criminal Trespass to not leave after you've been told. I've never seen any sign at a Georgia business prohibiting guns.

In TN a property owner can "post" their business or other property.

In my town only the Regions Bank branch has a sign and it does not comply with state law. It went up in the last six months or so. I'm not sure what I'll do as I've had an account there since 1990 (when it was a local bank). I might just talk with the manager and tell them to put up a correct sign or take it down. Or move my account elsewhere.

I've got no heartburn with a business or person that wants to exclude concealed weapons. That is their business and their right. I agree to that when I agree to the terms of my permit. I don't have to patronize them, however. I hope they have no heartburn with that.

SQQ

Don't ask. Don't tell. Nobody's bizness.

If your piece is concealed, no one need ever know. Unless you need it to deal with some goblin(s). If the balloon goes up, a silly little sign will be the least of your concerns.

The bad guys pay no attention to the signs, we shouldn't either.

Agree, do all us old pharts think alike?

There is no provision in Georgia law to allow a business to post a sign keeping firearms out. They can tell you to leave for any number of reasons including carrying a firearm but it must be on an individual basis. Even then, it's not a violation of the carry permit. It's Criminal Trespass to not leave after you've been told. I've never seen any sign at a Georgia business prohibiting guns.

There used to be a couple of Blockbusters here in north Marietta that had them. If I remember correctly, that was Blockbusters' policy.

It amazes me.

Freedom is for everybody - NOT JUST YOUR PET CAUSE OR BELIEF.

Folks stand upon their soapbox and beat their chests loudly proclaiming their liberties and rights and threatening to defend those same 'til their last breath.

And then cavalierly announce, with even a sense of pride their full intentions to toss aside or ignore the rights of another.

This country was founded on individual rights and the idea that one persons rights do not supplant anothers.

You have every right to carry a firearm, and you have every right to not patronize a business whose beliefs are contrary to yours.

But you DO NOT have the right to ignore their choices, simply because you do not agree with them.

A defender of freedom, a believer in personal liberty does not impose their will upon another under the guise of "I am better/ smarter/ more informed than you".

As lawful owners and responsible firearms users, we have had others attempting this tactic against us for years, and the moment the tables are turned - we demonstrate that we have no more respect for anothers personal choices than they did?

I have always wondered what the “I must carry everywhere I go” types do at gun shows when they can’t carry loaded firearms there. All the gun shows in my area have bans in CCW weapons. Do you break the law and go in anyway or just don’t go there? :unsure:

I have always wondered what the “I must carry everywhere I go” types do at gun shows when they can’t carry loaded firearms there. All the gun shows in my area have bans in CCW weapons. Do you break the law and go in anyway or just don’t go there? :FlagAm:

Heee Haaa That doesn't bother me.. I drive all over the state to go to gun shows.. When I get there, I clear, it pull the clip,.. I tell them at the door ,they ty-rap it . they cut the ty when I walk out..

My credit union put a sign on the door a few months back.. I haven't gone inside sence.. do all bussinss at drive up window or atm.. :unsure:

Heee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Funny, we get the CCW permit because we have demonstrated ourselves to be Law abiding citizens, finger printed and card carrying exemptees of the brady check, but a significant number of us seem to be hell bent on illegally carrying into posted establishments. Am I missing something here?

What you are missing is common sense. This goes for you too Creeker and Cpt. LB so please listen to what I have to say now. The attitudes, opinions and falsehoods y'all are expressing are the same as those of our sworn enemies the hoplophobes. My right to self defense is absolute granted to me by Allmighty God as part and parcel of my human existence. It is only affirmed and acknowledged by the Second Amendment. It is not dependent on any permit or the permission of any government or any other sovereign human being even some hoplophobe storekeeper or corporation. If I enter such a silly place and see such a sign, then of course I will turn on my heel and exit. I would not want to patronize any place that espouses and posts such nonsense. A place with such a sign is nothing but a target rich environment for the goblin(s) who I guarantee will not pay any heed to any sign just as they obey no laws.

Although, such a store owner or manager may well wish a gun-toter were available when the crooks are holding them at gunpoint or knifepoint or outright slaying them.

I carried before I was a LEO. For a couple of decades in fact before there was government sanctioned civilian carry here. For the simple reason that I have always believed my self defense and the defense of others around me is MY responsibility. I will never shirk that responsibility. I will carry if I am alive in that future day when the collectivists have banned it totally for all. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. I just pray none of you that are lukewarm about it ever find yourselves in a situation where you regret being unprepared at all times. Yes, I carry every time I walk out my door and I don't apologize to any man for it. It is my God-given right and responsibility.

Howdy,

Once in a while Ive seen such signs, sometimes way out in the back country.

Ive had the thought that IF someone wants no guns on their property THEY should

provide a secure place for anyone having guns to securely store guns while on that property.

Seems to me that if joes shoestore dont want no guns, joe should provide secure lockers

for use by gun owners when they are in that store. Upon leavin the store the guns should be

returned in exactly the conditiion they were when checked.

I have been in bookstores that offer lockers for storage of outside books while folks shop.

Best

CR

I only ran into 1 funiture store with that kind of sign here in Indiana, I got back in my truck and took my bussiness elsewhere!

I figure they have the right to be a horses ***, I have the right to spend my money in a respectible establisment. :unsure:

If you choose not to buy at a business that posts "No Guns" that's fine but don't just walk away! Get some cajones and walk in (without yer gun) and tell 'em why you won't be back. That's what these cards are for. Preferably contact the mgr. or asst. mgr. I've done that a dozen times and I'd say 8 out of 10 took down the signs which means I'm not the ONLY one doing this. March on! :unsure:

Interestingly, here in Texas for a sign prohibiting concealed carry on the premise, the verbiage on the sign must reference Texas statute 30.06.

"Written communication" means either:

(1) a card or "other document" that has written language "identical" to the following:

"Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun;" or

(2) A sign posted on the property that:

(a) "includes" the above language in both English and Spanish;

(:unsure: appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and

© is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.

Thus, according to the statute, a proper §30.06 sign must have language identical to that quoted above, and the sign must be in both English and Spanish. The letters on the sign must be block letters and they must be at least one inch in height. They must also be of "contrasting colors." Lastly, the sign must be displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.

Pards,

Please let me clarify that it should be the responsibility of the sign poster or store owner to

secure the guns properly and safely.

If it takes a locker or a manned checkpoint or a vault, that should be their problem.

Best

CR

There was a thread a few months back on officer.com under the Indiana local discussions, where an off duty Police Officer was shopping at a local Walmart and when he bent down to get something off of a lower shelf part of his holstered Glock was visible. A woman standing nearby saw it and complained to the manager who then asked the man to leave the store. He identified himself as an Officer, but the store manager replied that it was Walmart corporate policy that no weapons be carried in the store, even by Police Officers, and when the Officer asked about any signage or perhaps a letter from corporate, the manager couldn't produce it. The Officer explained that his department policy mandated him to be armed off duty with very few exceptions, and that he would continue shopping. Now here locally, I've not found that to be true since our local Walmart has begged off duty Officers to work holiday security, especially on Black Friday. Any LEO's encountered this with a Walmart?

BSD

It amazes me.

Freedom is for everybody - NOT JUST YOUR PET CAUSE OR BELIEF.

Folks stand upon their soapbox and beat their chests loudly proclaiming their liberties and rights and threatening to defend those same 'til their last breath.

And then cavalierly announce, with even a sense of pride their full intentions to toss aside or ignore the rights of another.

This country was founded on individual rights and the idea that one persons rights do not supplant anothers.

You have every right to carry a firearm, and you have every right to not patronize a business whose beliefs are contrary to yours.

But you DO NOT have the right to ignore their choices, simply because you do not agree with them.

A defender of freedom, a believer in personal liberty does not impose their will upon another under the guise of "I am better/ smarter/ more informed than you".

As lawful owners and responsible firearms users, we have had others attempting this tactic against us for years, and the moment the tables are turned - we demonstrate that we have no more respect for anothers personal choices than they did?

WELL SAID!

There are two stores here in town that have signs that show a gun inside a red circle with a slash across the gun. I go in these stores to shop as their signs carry no weight of law in Texas.

A sign prohibiting firearms inside a business or other entity must by law look like this; http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administratio...hl/chlssign.htm

In Texas there are two different signs that restrict a concealed handgun license holder from carrying into a place of business. They are a 30.06 sign, and a 51% sign.

A 30.06 sign is a sign that a business owner can post to restrict a CHL holder from entering the business with a concealed handgun. An example of a valid 30.06 sign can be found here. The sign must read exactly those words in both English and Spanish, be placed in an area visible to the public, and have 1" lettering or it will not be considered a legally-binding 30.06 sign. "Ghostbuster" signs, or signs with a red slash through a gun, are not considered valid 30.06 postings.

A 51% sign is a sign that a business is required by law to post if 51% of their revenue is obtained through on-premises drinking, such as at a bar. Unfortunately this also has the consequence of not allowing CHL holders to enter the premises where the drinking is taking place while carrying their handgun. The "51%" must be in a very large red font.

Additional places are not required to post a sign to forbid CHL holders from entering the premises with their handgun as Texas law already forbids it, such as court houses and schools.

If they go to the trouble to buy a sign with the proper legal warning I will stay out of their business. They have a right to post their business & I have a right to spend my money elsewhere. But I intend to print off some of these cards & keep them in my car and when I encounter a business that is properly signed I will lock my gun in the glove box & go inside and hand the owner or manager one of the cards and leave.

Archived