SASS Wire Forum

Ambush 2011

Charlie, they say they're gonna cut me on June 28th - if my road rash heals up before then. If not, it'll be sometime in August (and that puts it too close to Ambush for comfort!).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now Bama, ya know us'ins are nice and polite...............and courteous...............and peaceful.................and thoughtful.................and tranquil.............................and quiet..........................................and good...................................................well ya git the drift don't ya(gittin deep in here)

LSC, that wasn't Quigley over there in that corner.................it's a broom. I know it's hard to tell them apart since both have grass at the bottom half. Look close and you can see Quigley will be wearing boots (brooms don't wear boots). He was probably off gittin some more chest pie and coconuts. Ya know he likes the profile the coconuts give him when ya cut em in half. I even hear tell he uses a bandsaw to git em smooth and balanced. Although there ain't nothing balanced bout ol' Quig. Now, ol' Lawman.......he's was just on a doughnut binge (look close ya can still see the sugar on his lips). Ya know he likes coffee and doughnuts even if he does say he don't eat em. I did slip a little scotch in em doughnuts though that makes him real calm.

Well I gotta go fer now.

BW

PS Ambush is coming and fun is coming too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------and I'm coming with Silver Dollar Don!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

BW,You right it done got deep in here,Had to break out the waders on this one.You think you and CC could rustle up some pics from past AMBUSH where some of the pards could remenise the old days and good times yall had.(got any pics of grass skirts & wigs) LSC

LSC,

I wish I could find some pics of those Lickskillet chicks, haven't yet. Someone has some of the beauty walk err ugly walk. I sure could use em if somebody will send.

Now CC ya had better be there but be careful crossing the state line I hear tell there still looking fer ya because of that midget gal thing a ya got caught up in. Hold on someone calling................Oh it's LSC wants to know if she was a redhead. Yep she was. I guess ol' LSC had a little trouble with that one too. So, anyway be careful now CC. I hear her folks are still looking for a short guy with short pants and can't run so well and shoots .22 at chickens. ol' LSC won't even think about going back 'round sand mountain. Read in the newspaper the other day she is still around............freight train was seen going down a dirt road.

Well gotta go...........Oh CC I'll send a wire over there and tell em I heard ya was coming in on the south route. Sometimes ya got to go the extra mile fer pards such as yerself.

BW

Ambush best story telling shooting and fun ya can have.

Wow! Ya'll smell that? Think Blue Wolf has done been in here again. I know I locked the backdoor and bless him he ain't bright enuff to turn the knob so he must have had some help. :P:lol:

Now I'll have to do some investigating and maybe drag a lawdog I know into this to find the bottom. :P

MT, Thanks for putting it back top side. Been kinda quiet my self so as not to wake up Blue Wolf.His wife Diamond Deb says he gets grouchy iffi'n he don't get his beauty sleep.Looking forward to seeing you and Blue Jeans and everyone this year.Every thing is coming along great at the range,Uncle Frank is finishing up the roof on the last bay this weekend for the 22 shoot in july.(Ruger Rimfire Challenge July 16).We got all the chrusher run gravel spread on the stages (no more mud to tromp thru).Still a few odd & ends to finish up.Wonder if CC is still on his extended honeymoon, he's been quiet lately. LSC

MT, Thanks for putting it back top side. Been kinda quiet my self so as not to wake up Blue Wolf.His wife Diamond Deb says he gets grouchy iffi'n he don't get his beauty sleep.Looking forward to seeing you and Blue Jeans and everyone this year.Every thing is coming along great at the range,Uncle Frank is finishing up the roof on the last bay this weekend for the 22 shoot in july.(Ruger Rimfire Challenge July 16).We got all the chrusher run gravel spread on the stages (no more mud to tromp thru).Still a few odd & ends to finish up.Wonder if CC is still on his extended honeymoon, he's been quiet lately. LSC

If there is one suggestion, and only one suggestion for "Ambush", Its get rid of that "Turkey", and replace it, please. Seen to many misses called, its a dead target, hard for some to judge. Please replace it? MT

You better leave my midget alone!-----

MT--what turkey are you reffering to? I'm cornfused---but that isn't hard for me to do.

Well Boys and Girls, I'm headed out to Wyoming on July 4th. Me and Miss Carol are going out to visit with the Cayuse Man and his lovely wife Kaye. They have a cabin in Duboise and the live out there 6 mo. a year and 6 months here in Gainesville. They left Tuesday and will arrive tomorrow. They took the horses with them. They also carried my dog killing gun with them-----we are going to shoot some"dogs" while I am out there. I am pushing my luck but I'm going out west one more time.

He Blue Wolf---don't do us any favors----heah!

CC,I believe MT was reffering to the turkey on stage 9 The Jail.The turkey is a hanging target.Now CC don't get ol Blue (duck) Wolf stirred up, heard he has his belly full o chicken wings and should be napping by now. Yall have a safe trip on the 4th. LSC

Wow! Ya'll smell that? Think Blue Wolf has done been in here again. I know I locked the backdoor and bless him he ain't bright enuff to turn the knob so he must have had some help. :P:lol:

Now I'll have to do some investigating and maybe drag a lawdog I know into this to find the bottom. :P

Quigley,

I came in the front through the bat wings, like ya suppose to do. No knobs that way. Glad ya noticed this here woman attractent :wub: Diamond Deb bought fer me. Sorry ya can't find yer bottom... :blink: .....ask yer wife where she put it. She probably threw it out since you didn't use it (except fer sitting on) :D As fer that lawdog stuff ya know the law don't go around.

Anyway glad ya healed up and could come back round...... ;) ................. Yeah, I understand how it is when yer wife whips ya fer smokin and drinkin..........Why I saw LSC one time after a skirmish with an Indian woman..... :wub: .......well anyway he was discombobblelated fer a while........... :blink:.....

Since ol CC is out of town what ya say we drink on his tab......................... After all he said if I can get him the barricades to Ambush he would buy all the time :lol: BW

Blue Wolf?? Beauty sleep?? Snow White didn't sleep THAT long, and she was purty ta' start with!! :lol:

The only thing purty 'bout ol' BW is Diamond Deb!! I take that back. Blue Wolf IS purty. Purty ugly and purty apt to get worse!! Course CC 'n' LSC ain't gonna win no beauty contest, (less they's up against ol' BW) but mebbe I kin shoot a little more Black Powder in my loads so's they ain't quite so visible!!

Bama! You ain't s'posed to let that scooter ride you! Here I'm finally gonna' get back to Cavern Cove 'n' you're goin' under the knife! Hope everything goes well and if you're at Vandy don't forget I'm only a few, (and I do mean few) minutes from there. (I'll PM you my phone number. I still got yer hat!)

CC, be safe out west.

I was tolt ta' stir the pot a little, so I hope the results are those desired! See y'all next weekend. I got's my Nomex drawers on so "FLAME ON!!". :lol::lol::lol:

BW!! You know Andy don't recognise no ode cologne! And don't you go blamin' that fume on Miss Deb!! :lol:

LSC is always a little discombobbulated. It is what it is. :unsure::wacko:

Dern! I'm lookin' forward to gettin' back down there! :excl:

Oh yeah!! A round on me fer the house! If I kin abuse 'em the least I kin do is get 'em their whistles wet!! :o:D

Yep Black Water i kin get discombobbleheaded,heck i kin get lost in me own back yard.As fer as BW i tell ya there just ain't no help fom him.He just walks around following his own shadow.He gits real worried when the sun ain't out.Looking forward to you shooting with us next weekend.BTW will see ya next weekend at War Trace.May be bringing a crew of rowdies tho.What ya got cooking in tha pot BLUE(duck)WOLF stew. LSC

Bama we will be thinking about you and saying a prayer for you on the 28th.

BW--you are a trouble maker.

Just who is this BWD?(53393) ;)

Look what I am working on for Ambush. It will be a book cover. It will be for sale. It won't be cheap. This is Gus by the way.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/DSC05516.jpg

I start loading Ms. Mary Matilda's bullets and shotshells with Black Powder starting in the morning. I do believe she'll be shooting Lady Senior Frontier Cartridge at our next shoot....

Look what I am working on for Ambush. It will be a book cover. It will be for sale. It won't be cheap. This is Gus by the way.

Was that before or after they chopped his leg off?

CC,

Now come on, me a trouble maker........me.........naw. Wouldn't think of it, couldn't do it, don't know how, wasn't me I wasn't there.

But, I do know who BDW he used to be a fine fella til ol LSC done corrrupted him. He sells things like hats, and such. Shoots the real powder (can't hit anything though) but still shoots.

BW

Went and saw the bonecutter up at the Vandy Bone & Joint Clinic today and he says no surgery tomorrow :angry: :angry: :angry: . There's still a spot on my knee where the scrape from where I fell is not quite healed he says.

Next available date will be sometime in mid-August. That's gonna put it way too close to Ambush for my tastes, but, hey, what can ya do? I'm shootin' Ambush come Hell or high water!

Bama,

I know you were anxious to get that over with. It's a shame it couldn't happen tomorrow. I know you won't miss Ambush. It's a happening!!

BW--I wuz just funnin'.

I start loading Ms. Mary Matilda's bullets and shotshells with Black Powder starting in the morning. I do believe she'll be shooting Lady Senior Frontier Cartridge at our next shoot....

AH! The smoke! One thing about "Ambush", BP shooters don't mind spreading it around. :) :) MT

In case you might be interested, here is an upgraded pic of a Gus look a like.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/DSC05522.jpg

Well it's been a day or three since I checked in on ya'll. Bama tell that bonecutter to not dilly dally around cause we want you at Ambush. If'n ya ain't healed enuff by then ya just say so and we'll rig sumthin up. With a cuttin torch and welder all things are possible! :lol:

Gettin my books in order for side matches and plan to get my WB stages written in the next few days. Ought to be a hoot this year!

Now where's the jug? I could use a pull or three of that bug juice. :P:lol:

Quigley,

Ya can't do nuttin' fer Ambush sober so don't even try. Go find yer jug. Take a few pulls 'n go ta werk. (I didn't say w*&K) Ya thot ya caut me din't ya?

The 22 sidematch is gonna be a surprise and a hoot. I will give you the rules. We WILL paint the targets ever so often this year or we will shoot it blindfolded. Wait, wait, I have a better idea. Hows about a mirror and shoot it backwards? :lol::lol::lol:

Oooh! Oooh! Mirrors! Mirrors shiny!!

Bama like shiny stuff!

That reminds me - in an effort to avoid my traditional dead last finish, I have resorted to cheap trickery. :o

I will be sportin' sumpin shiny this year - might blind enough folks that I finish next to last! :D :D

That reminds me - in an effort to avoid my traditional dead last finish, I have resorted to cheap trickery. :o

I will be sportin' sumpin shiny this year - might blind enough folks that I finish next to last! :D :D

Bama, you know that I covet dead last place and will be fighting to get it....

I have seen OKB shoot and he doesn't have a snowball chance in coming in last place. He shoots too good. I will take Bama Red for ten. (he might resort to cheating--it all depends on how bad he wants last place) If I shoot one stage and don't finish I do believe I have A SHOT AT LAST PLACE.

Archived