SASS Wire Forum

Ambush 2011

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm planning on being there in Cherokee Charlie's fanciest gun rig and I plan on shooting better than I did this year.

P.S. - I did not finish dead last this year - I finished next-to-last - beating out a Ladies Elder Stateswoman by over 200 seconds!!! (not that I'm proud of that!) :wub:;):o

I'm planning on being there in Cherokee Charlie's fanciest gun rig and I plan on shooting better than I did this year.

P.S. - I did not finish dead last this year - I finished next-to-last - beating out a Ladies Elder Stateswoman by over 200 seconds!!! (not that I'm proud of that!) ;):o:D

Gamer! :wub: MT

P.S. - I did not finish dead last this year - I finished next-to-last - beating out a Ladies Elder Stateswoman by over 200 seconds!!! (not that I'm proud of that!) ;):o:D

Yeah, right, Red. Just keep telling yourself that. :wub:

If that lady had not have had a bad day, she would have beat you hands down, so I hear.

...for that to happen, it would take a lot of practice on our parts, that prolly ain't gonna happen.... :wub:

I practiced today for Ambush. Fired 10 rounds thru a Barrett 50. Does that qualify as practice?

Ms. Maggie and I already have it on our list of out-of-town/out-of-state matches for next year... and I should have my new BIONIC BACK by that time...!!! Then it will be "Watch out midgets... yer fixin' ta' be tossed...!!!"

Vaya con Dios

If Flint McCloud is coming to Ambush 2011 to toss Midgits I guess I had better hide. :wub:

Well CC,

...seems like we need to get you to get the posse list goin' fer posse #1....

Bought today a .22 Henry for the .22 match. I didn't realize how smooth this rifle is. Offhand at 50yds, dead center, wiped the center bullseye out with a box of 50 testing it. I'm ready CC for the challenge. MT

Now ya need to get ya a pair of 22 pistols and you can give Uncle Frank's rimfire match a try.

Guess what I found today.

A Ruger ss Single Six Convertible with a 4 3/4 " barrel. (I bought it)

I have a couple of ss Ruger 5 1/2 un fired NIB for sale and a Marlin 39a.............................................................................

.................................................................................

.................................................................................

We are going back to Ala. in Dec to shoot the 22 match.

Checking out prices on new and used, (pre conversion) Ruger Single Six .22s. I'm amazed at the prices. Maybe I should have invested in Ruger .22s instead of oil stocks.

Did get a good buy on the Henry Golden Boy .22. With tax and all, under 400.00. Understand these are suggested retail at 499.00. MT

Ms. Maggie was just lookin' over on The Wire and Buck D. Law made mention that Ambush may get moved to Labor Day weekend this coming year... Anybody else heard anything about this...??? Or if so, how serious are they... we need to get our vacation stuff planned well ahead of time and we don't want to miss this next year...!!!

Vaya con Dios

Ms. Maggie was just lookin' over on The Wire and Buck D. Law made mention that Ambush may get moved to Labor Day weekend this coming year... Anybody else heard anything about this...??? Or if so, how serious are they... we need to get our vacation stuff planned well ahead of time and we don't want to miss this next year...!!!

Vaya con Dios

WOW! That will make it hotter if they do. But I'll still be there. Just think, it closer then we may think. Were is this mentioned? MT

WOW! That will make it hotter if they do. But I'll still be there. Just think, it closer then we may think. Were is this mentioned? MT

It's called "Planning for 2011" with a subtext of "Vendors schedule" started by Mose Spencer... Buck commented toward the bottom of the page...

Vaya con Dios

It's called "Planning for 2011" with a subtext of "Vendors schedule" started by Mose Spencer... Buck commented toward the bottom of the page...

Vaya con Dios

Okay, I seen it. Labor Day weekend. Traffic will be something around Atlanta. 2 years ago, it took me 2 hours to get through, (we were coming back from Illinois on Labor day), normally 45 minutes. I may have to come a week early and stay a week over. :wub:;) MT

As long as you go thru Atlanta on Sunday evening, it shouldn't be a problem. If'n you wait till Monday afternoon, well, you'll still be there Tuesday.

I've been hunting a reasonably priced 3 screw single six to match the one I already have. They are kinda scarce.

Archived