SASS Wire Forum

Ambush 2011

I might come.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna be there come Hell or high water! I just did the 10,000 yard check-up on my cane, oiled the walker and charged the battery in my golf cart. I think that 'bout covers everything I might need for Ambush!

What's that ya say? Ammo? Oh yeah, guess I better start reloading some .45's, .44-40's and 12 ga. shells - all the Holy Black, of course.

That reminds me - the NAR Board voted to have a 4-stage Black Powder match along with a 4-stage Wild Bunch match this year - load extra ammo!!

I'm gonna be there come Hell or high water! I just did the 10,000 yard check-up on my cane, oiled the walker and charged the battery in my golf cart. I think that 'bout covers everything I might need for Ambush!

What's that ya say? Ammo? Oh yeah, guess I better start reloading some .45's, .44-40's and 12 ga. shells - all the Holy Black, of course.

That reminds me - the NAR Board voted to have a 4-stage Black Powder match along with a 4-stage Wild Bunch match this year - load extra ammo!!

It's good to see you finally doing operator maintenance on that cane of yours, and that you're getting the golf cart ready to go.

And yes, I've got all my Black Powder reloading done, howsomever, Ms. Mary Matilda done went and started shooting the Holy Black and I've got to get her 400-500 rounds reloaded in the next few days.

...and a 4-stage Black Powder match ya say....!!!!!!!

What will be the side-matches this year? MT

I got this insider email yesterday. I guess I'm special.

Howdy Pards,

We would like to thank you for shooting with us in the past years at Ambush at Cavern Cove. This will be our 15th Annual Ambush and will be held on September 29 -October 2. We are looking forward to this event! The theme this year will be Lonesome Dove.

Along with our side matches there will be a .22 shoot hosted by Granna and Uncle Frank. It will start at 2:00 on Thursday and the entry fee is 15.00. Make sure you have approx. 160 rounds for this one! They will also be giving away two guns! You can learn more by going to www.caverncoverimfire.com.

Also on Friday we will have a Black Powder shoot at 9:00 in the morning as well as our Annual Wild Bunch shoot starting at 1:00 p.m. Question for the side matches can be directed to Andrew Quigley at rem44call@yahoo.com.

Woody Anderson Ford will be in charge of the chuck wagon this year and I am sure the food will make any cowboys mouth water! If you think you will be there for Thursday night and /or the Friday night meal please note this in the blank on your application (with how many) so that we can have a headcount for the cooks.

Don’t forget about the Bobcat Sparks Memorial Poker Tournament on Friday night as well as our annual night shoot. Those always turn out to be a real doozy!

We anticipate everyone looking especially toney for the banquet on Saturday night and we will be handing out costume awards for those attending and also for the ones shooting on the line.

So, what are you waiting for? Saddle up your horse along with Gus and Woodrow and let’s get that herd to Montana. I sure hope we don’t run in to Blue Duck!

For more information and applications please visit our website at www.northalabamaregulators.com

Happy trails,

Huckleberry Moonshine

256-859-3725

Angie.mclain@mchsi.com

I guess I am just not special. :unsure:

'Splain-----he got a letter from Ambush-------I didn't.

Yeah, he's special alright - as in rides the short bus "special"!! :D:D

He gets to 'rassle Little Bertha this year. :lol::unsure::o

CC, whut's fer supper the Wednesday before Ambush???

...iz it all filled out?

It's all filled up.

CC,Just figgered out why Badlands Betty Crocker got an invite and no one else did.They must have mistook him for a vendor because of his cooking or might have been he was going to set up and sell his GO-GO THE GORILLA SHOES. Just thinking. LSC

...so many things to do, so little time to get it all done...

Badlands Bob needs to get his Vendor Fee in if he is selling those GO-GO GORILLA Shoes. I don't remember one for the Midget Toss either.

Granna

Can I pay the vendor fee in merchandise?

As for the midgets, I recon CC will need a DNR permit and maybe an import license.

Folks just got off the phone with Cherokee Charlie a little while ago . His wife Mrs.Carol is in the hospital. Didn't get to talk long said he would call later with update. Please keep Mrs.Carol and CC in your prayers for a speedy recovery. LSC

Thanks for the news LSC, and please keep us updated till CC gets back in the Saloon (ACS).

Prayers up for both Cherokee Charlie and Miss Carol. May her recovery be complete and speedy. God Bless.

Miss Carol, you get better fast. C.C., we're prayin' fer ya'!

Howdy Folks,

Got Miss Carol home a couple hours ago. The doctors just won't listen to me. She needs to be in the hospital where she can get some care, fluids and check her vital signs. I can't do that at home. I have lost all my faith in the medical profession.

She has Crohn's disease. A bad case of it. Everything goes right through her. Even her medicine. No matter what. So this "person" thinks that two bags of fluid will hold her until she can see her doctor tomorrow morning. Horaahaaa! for the hero dr.

Enough.

She is still very weak and run down and in bed. We wait for the morning.

Thanks for your concerns and your prayers.

Cherokee Charlie and Miss Carol

I also have Crohn's, Charlie, and I'm a little familiar with what she's going through, but mine is not so severe.

Prayers continue.

Howdy Folks,

Got Miss Carol home a couple hours ago. The doctors just won't listen to me. She needs to be in the hospital where she can get some care, fluids and check her vital signs. I can't do that at home. I have lost all my faith in the medical profession.

She has Crohn's disease. A bad case of it. Everything goes right through her. Even her medicine. No matter what. So this "person" thinks that two bags of fluid will hold her until she can see her doctor tomorrow morning. Horaahaaa! for the hero dr.

Enough.

She is still very weak and run down and in bed. We wait for the morning.

Thanks for your concerns and your prayers.

Cherokee Charlie and Miss Carol

Prayers are up CC. MT and BlueJeans

After consulting with my midget wrestling consultant, Badlands Bob, I have decided that I need to get to Ambush so I filled out my paperwork and putting it and the gold on the next westbound stage. Looks like an event not to be missed.

One thing about my conversation with Bob, he seemed a little incoherent (yeah I looked up how to spell it).....perhaps some of his pards here on the wire can shed a little light on the subject. He mentioned something about stomping a gorilla size hole in Little Bertha's bu** at Ambush! What's up with that?

KK,

To date no person who has gotten in the ring with Little Bertha has come out victorious. She is one bad a$$ little woman. She whipped Quigley twice last year and me three times. If you must then I suggest that you get some of them sign me up forms and just come on and we will set a time where you can get in the ring with her. We will fill you in on the details the night of the match.

CC

After a very heated conversation with an office manager at one of Miss Carol's dr. office's this morning we finally got something done. She sat for over an hour in her weakened state waiting to see her dr. who knew what was going on and so Miss Carol got up and left. That's when I lost it and called back. It wasn't pleasant.

It would take a lot to restore my faith in the medical profession right now. The taste I have in my mouth is-------well, you understand.

Miss Carol is doing much better after getting medication, steiroids,sailine solution and a couple more I can't pronounce she has turned the corner for the better. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I think we are on the road to recovery.

CC

Good to hear it C.C.!

Archived