SASS Wire Forum

Ambush 2011

HTF----now for some reason the number or caliber .32 and the name John Wayne just does not go together in the same sentence. You are joking--right? John Wayne----32? You jest, Sir!!!!1

(Send pics--I wanna see 'em. :lol::lol: )

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No sir no joke. On the bottom of the barrel is lettered that the product was approved by the JW foundation. I asked the same question. They are lighter and shorter than the single 6 32's.

No sir no joke. On the bottom of the barrel is lettered that the product was approved by the JW foundation. I asked the same question. They are lighter and shorter than the single 6 32's.

We'll have to write a song for you if you're gonna be shooting those at Ambush...Let's see..."Small Iron on his hip"? :lol:

Ms. Mary Matilda would like them litte guns....

...just follow the money ($$$$) to figure out the reason for this issue of pistols.... <_<

Odd that a persons name will sell stuff after they are gone. For decade after Tom Mix died, his radio show, comic book, and Ralston still sold cereal, and premiuns. Same for Buck Jones, and several other stars. I wonder if the "Duke" would approve the merchandise being peddled with his name on them? MT

LMM they are for Di I don't think 32's go with the Buckskin.

Whew...ya had me scared for a bit...I was afraid you might take up riding in convertibles and other such stuff next.. ;)

Looking forward to shooting members only in a couple of weeks. First time we have bben able to shoot in a long time.

Looking forward to shooting members only in a couple of weeks. First time we have bben able to shoot in a long time.

...with all that buckskin and mountain man attire of yours, you oughta be using a pair of Colt Walkers....

I say Flintlock rifle, and long Bowie knife. MT

Let's see now; HTF is gonna start shooting a pair of Colt Walkers, a Flintlock rifle for long range, and carry a long Bowie Knife.

It seems we need to round out his shootin' arsenal with a 1866 Henry rifle and a 1878 colt side by side double hammer shotgun.

Just got back from Cavern Cove and our monthly workday.

Shooter are not going to have to worry about standing in mud at the loading or unloading table anymore. We've put down about 3 to 4 inches of crush/run gravel to stand on.

It's going to be nice. :)

Never bothered me but I like the idea. :lol:

...thanks for the hard w**k Lawman!!!! ..it'll be appreciated much!!!!

Just got back from Cavern Cove and our monthly workday.

We've put down about 3 to 4 inches of crush/run gravel to stand on.

It's going to be nice. :)

No barefootin around. Great, and thanks, MT

PS any word on the Wild Bunch side match? Heard somewere that maybe more then 3 stages were being considered?

No barefootin around. Great, and thanks, MT

PS any word on the Wild Bunch side match? Heard somewere that maybe more then 3 stages were being considered?

I'll check on that this week and try to get back to you. Side match day is gonna have to be a week long!

I'll check on that this week and try to get back to you. Side match day is gonna have to be a week long!

Now ain't that just a cryin' shame that we have to spend MORE time at AMBUSH. I just don't know if I can stand to spend one more day there. I think it will just kill me. Ha! :lol::lol::lol:

Now ain't that just a cryin' shame that we have to spend MORE time at AMBUSH. I just don't know if I can stand to spend one more day there. I think it will just kill me. Ha! :lol::lol::lol:

I would love to move to the area. But BlueJeans says no snow. Also I want acreage for horses, and some area to grow hay, and grain. Arrangement can be made so we can stay a week or 2 for the sidematches! MT

...and that's a bad thing?

...new faces from the Saloon (ACS)?

...maybe they need to know 'bout places to stay; such as Uncle Frank's or the closest motel...

...new faces from the Saloon (ACS)?

...maybe they need to know 'bout places to stay; such as Uncle Frank's or the closest motel...

Instead of the Saloon, and hearing about the good times they're missing, besides seeing all their heroes in person and being able to shoot,eat, drink, and tell tall tales with them. What more could one ask for? MT

Ya'll don't forget that I am still going to do the 22 sidematch this year and it's going to be different. Same targets but different.

Quigley, I am going to get you the pics of the shooting table this Thursday.(If'n I don't forget to take my camera to the range.)

Is Uncle Frank running his 8 stages of .22 too?

Well I bumped my head on my reloading bench and volunteered for side matches again. :wacko:

Unless ya'll don't want to shoot a bunch I'm planning on a 5 stage Wild Bunch. Your going to need 4 mags for your pistols as this won't be a 10, 10, 4 stages. More like 20, 10, 6 or 8 stages. Probably be a couple with only 15 pistol rounds but it'll all depend on how many beers and cigars I have while writing the stages. :o:lol::lol:

Andrew, since you done volunteered yourself to ramrod the side matches, put me down to honcho the speed pistol again this year. Like always, I'll work both the morning and afternoon shifts, so you can use other volunteers elsewhere.

...It sounds like preps are under way for another great Ambush....

Worst one I ever been to was great!!

Archived