SASS Wire Forum

Ambush 2011

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about bein' framed or anything...all I can say is that there was very little traffic in and out of Quigley's camper.

Lots o' people in and out - they was all just very little!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quigley wuz advertisin' last night, somethin' 'bout Midgets, red flashin' lights, and and such.....

A great time has been had by all today. Side matches went well, we had great food and fellowship. Main match starts in the morning. Opening ceremony is at 8:15 am.

It wuz a great shoot. Good stages, great posse, food was real good....

Mt you are 100% correct. I had more fun shooting ambush this year than any I can remember. Shot terrible; but had a blast.

Ms. Maggie and I missed all y'all... We're glad that everybody had a good time, but we sure missed being there...

Vaya con Dios

The Krazy Kajun and I just got in about 30 minutes ago. What a trip. What a shoot!

If the good Lord will just give me one more.

Lawman Mark,you and your crew put on a h+77 of a shoot. Don't let the little computer glich at the end get on your nerves. It was unavoidable'. Posse #1 rocks and I will put our PM up against any possse marshall,bar none.

I would like to thank all the posse #1 members who showed the spirit of the game and helped me to get through all the stages by staging my guns and transporting them from place to place. You just don't know how much I appreciate it and how much it helps me to get through a match. Without your help I would have to quit shooting--period. You know who you are and may I say, God bless you.

Gregg, I won't attempt to spell your last name in fear of misspelling it but you know because I have already told you how dang much I appreciate you. Thank you so much.

Ambush '11(#15)is but a memory but my gosh what a memory. HTF--got his wish come true----Spirit award. Anabelle Lee----shot her first match clean and it was a big one-----. Rubideaux------chose his category wisley---1st. Silver Senior Deulist, ImaDarlin' first place in her class-Now I believe it was Cowgirl, Marshall Troop--won his category (I am almost sure), Me, well-I just got lucky!

All you folks that were not there, we missed you but most of all you missed out on a ton of fun.

Ole CC'n me finally pulled the wagon in to CC's ranch this afternoon. Dang LSCs, I mean mules, were a bit stubborn but we finally gottem home. I unloaded that wagon and ole CC fed and watered the stock. Finally made it back to my place and put up the tack and unloaded my saddlebags and shootin irons. All in all it was a good trip across the mountains to Ambush.

Got to take my RO1 and RO2 classes and got my pin. I appreciate Andrew Quigley lettin' me run the timer with MT for part of the speed pistol side matches. MT was mighty patient with me showing me how to press that one button on the timer over and over and over and over again. I finally got that skill down...just need to learn to stay out of folk's way.

MT was kind enough to give me a few pointers on my pistol shootin.' While my speed got better, 2.27 seconds....dang gamer LSC just parked his little red wagon at the stage and would always shoot just behind me after I'd beat his time. Ended up besting my time by four one hundredths of a second (2.23 for you home gamers). Wonder how gud LSC cud shoot if'n he'd shoot wif his right hand? Wonder how good LSC cud shoot if'n he'd was in his right mind? Wonder how gud LSC cud shoot if'n he had a mind? Guess we will never get to find that out!!! LSC is a gud guy, he's just....how would we say it in Kajun country....couyon!

Thanks for making me feel welcome at Ambush...didn't meet a stranger there. Uncle Frank and Granna did a superb job getting the range ready and making things run smooth. All the folks running the match, setting up the steel, writing the stages and just making "stuff" happen....THANK YOU!!!! This was a great match and I look forward to doing it again next year!!

Ole CC'n me finally pulled the wagon in to CC's ranch this afternoon. Dang LSCs, I mean mules, were a bit stubborn but we finally gottem home. I unloaded that wagon and ole CC fed and watered the stock. Finally made it back to my place and put up the tack and unloaded my saddlebags and shootin irons. All in all it was a good trip across the mountains to Ambush.

Got to take my RO1 and RO2 classes and got my pin. I appreciate Andrew Quigley lettin' me run the timer with MT for part of the speed pistol side matches. MT was mighty patient with me showing me how to press that one button on the timer over and over and over and over again. I finally got that skill down...just need to learn to stay out of folk's way.

MT was kind enough to give me a few pointers on my pistol shootin.' While my speed got better, 2.27 seconds....dang gamer LSC just parked his little red wagon at the stage and would always shoot just behind me after I'd beat his time. Ended up besting my time by four one hundredths of a second (2.23 for you home gamers). Wonder how gud LSC cud shoot if'n he'd shoot wif his right hand? Wonder how good LSC cud shoot if'n he'd was in his right mind? Wonder how gud LSC cud shoot if'n he had a mind? Guess we will never get to find that out!!! LSC is a gud guy, he's just....how would we say it in Kajun country....couyon!

Thanks for making me feel welcome at Ambush...didn't meet a stranger there. Uncle Frank and Granna did a superb job getting the range ready and making things run smooth. All the folks running the match, setting up the steel, writing the stages and just making "stuff" happen....THANK YOU!!!! This was a great match and I look forward to doing it again next year!!

Thanks for the kind words, but you deserve all the credit. It was a pleasure to posse with you, and watch you improve your speed and accuracy. Now don't forget to work on the shotgun. MT

K.K. Glad ya'll made it back to the hacienda safe.Well KK let me tell ya i wuz just funn'n with ya wif my left hand.I'm naturally right handed and shoot right handed.Didn't want to skunk ya.Maybe a re-match is in order for next year whatcha say.BTW thank ye very kindly for honoring me by making me an Honorary Cajun(COON---)for short.HA HA HA LSC

Glad to hear everyone has made it home ok. Finally got home last night but had to run back over and get my trailer and 4 wheeler this morning. Got most of my guns cleaned this evening, just have to put my rifle back together. :rolleyes:

I want to thank everyone that helped with running the side matches and especially the folks that came from out of town and pitched in. A tip of my hat to ya all! ;)

I know that computer crash was a pain but a BIGG thanks out to Drake Robey, Lawman Mark, Granna and Mae Lilly for working their fingers to the bone trying to get them all finished as fast as possible. ;)

Posse 3 was a hoot!! They cheered each other on, ribbed and picked at each other and just had a HUGE amount of Fun! Congrats to Cassidy Jane for winning the SOG! What a great attitude she had and so full of life! The whole posse deserverd a SOG but can only give the one. Hope ya'll make it back next year.

Let's see, we got bout 362 days! :lol:

Brisket and I made it home safe and sound. We had a great time with great friends. It's the friends that make it worth the trip. Thank you to all the folks with the North Alabama Regulators who put in so much work to make it all happen. You did a fantastic job.

Now it's time to clean guns, reload bullets and put all that camping stuff away. Maybe I'll just put it off another day or two.

Ms. Mary Matilda and I got home this evening.

We had a great time---great shoot, great location, tremendous pards, and the food ain't bad either.

Thanks to all that w**ked so hard to put the match together.....

Ditto:

However I will cook breakfast because: "There is nothing like the smell of bacon in the air in the morning" (as smelled from a cast iron skillet filled with bacon on an open burner outside your campsite) Oh, I forgot about buscuits in the oven! :o

Archived