SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Contrary to popular belief, Red Knee and Widder are both stand up guys. They raised a good bit of money for a real good cause. Not only that, but they provide pretty good comic relief too. Good job guys
  3. Palewolff must be napping on this one! He's addicted to Bromley's artwork
  4. Unless it just has to be new & really pretty one, I would look around for an older used U.S.A. Schrade Sharpfinger. I see them on Craigslist & eBay or at gun shows & pawn shops. The trouble with most knives is they are too big & unhandy. Not much call for a bison gutter these days.......
  5. When skinning large game the knife will get dull quickly and requires sharpening throughout the skinning process. Regardless of the choice of knife make sure you include a good stone or carbide sharpener. A good hatchet is also handy.
  6. mine does the same thing, the hammer going forward trips the cartridge being released from the mag tube to the carrier.
  7. Norwegians are bad losers. Ask the British.
  8. Thanks a lot Pat, after spending a bundle on a Python (I did get a great deal though) now ya got me drooling over this!!
  9. Would you be willing to part with it? What would your asking price be? I'm a 6 7/8.......
  10. Small caliber red oak, some birch loadings blocks for sale, $15 + $8 shipping for as many as will fit can fit in small priority box, example, 1=$22, 2=$38, 6=$98. L-R sold, 5-6-7
  11. Congrats to both of you. Hope to shoot with you somewhere down the road.
  12. I know. It sunk on it's maiden voyage... only made it a few hundred yards. Hence... the Norwegian navy's motto. Remember The Battle of Copenhagen?
  13. That SUCKS! Best of luck for a speedy recovery. Grizz
  14. Good company. They don’t kill you on the shipping costs. I use them a lot.
  15. https://www.nbc4i.com/news/u-s-world/happy-244th-birthday-u-s-navy/
  16. The knifes with the replaceable blades don’t look as pretty, but are very nice. One blade will last thru skinning out and quartering an elk. Real good for folks that aren’t that good at sharping up a blade
  17. I shot the Eliminator 8s in a match yesterday and had 4 failures to fire. As I was shooting Josey Wales with 5 pistols using the same ammo - C45S loaded with BlackMZ -, all the other guns (two Uberti Cattleman and a Colt SAA) fired off every time so I'm going to rule out the ammo. I'll reexamine the action but I'll likely end up installing a heavier hammer spring.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.